Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians! Into the Vault of Glass!

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Finally have some good time to sink into this tonight. Still need more friends! just gotta go through and add you people I suppose. Got level 8 and did the Earth strike last night. 5 gold chests! Upgraded speeder! Wheee!

edit: Do you HAVE to add friends on the PS4? I can't do it from the app or the web or anything? Blegh.

There's the Playstation app that you can add friends through, but no, not through anything Destiny specific.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I made a second character and it unlocked the Change of Heart achievement: Reverse a decision you made in an upgrade grid.

That doesn't sound right but I'll take it

I got it from changing my grenades from swarm back to incinerary.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've said it before, but this game would do really well with a randomized, self contained, ME3 style waves/survival PvE mode.

Some of the missions are sort of this, but yes. If they just straight up reprod' ME3 multi in this game, which I don't think would be that hard, it'd be great.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Stuck with the same character look I had in the beta.

XCmUPpx.jpg

In which I did the best I could to make my robot character look like this:

Evangelion_Unit_01_%28Rebuild%29.png

But now that I got a skin that changed my Ghost's colors to look like this:

EVA_02_Rebuild_Of_Evangelion_by_Deadklown.jpg

I'm quite happy with the turnout.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I made a second character and it unlocked the Change of Heart achievement: Reverse a decision you made in an upgrade grid.

That doesn't sound right but I'll take it

I got it from changing my grenades from swarm back to incinerary.

Interesting. Must be wonky since I've swapped grenades/scopes multiple times.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    I'm almost level 8 and killed hundreds of mooks yet I've only had one engram drop (and I think that was story related to introduce you to them?), what gives?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Finally have some good time to sink into this tonight. Still need more friends! just gotta go through and add you people I suppose. Got level 8 and did the Earth strike last night. 5 gold chests! Upgraded speeder! Wheee!

edit: Do you HAVE to add friends on the PS4? I can't do it from the app or the web or anything? Blegh.

There's the Playstation app that you can add friends through, but no, not through anything Destiny specific.

App works great, just didn't see the button at first! Thanks! Added a bunch of people. Woo friends. Gonna plug around level 9 stuff, feel free to hop in with me if anyone wants.

• Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Yo

I'm a little confused about how subclasses work - a little help por favor.

I really like the sound of the Sunsinger, but I'm stuck with Voidwalker until 15, right?

What's the level cap? What level can I expect to be by the end of the story? 20 or so? Assuming I switch to Sunsinger at 15, is that enough 'time' to fully level up the 2nd subclass? Or am I thinking about it all wrong?

ty in advance

• Options
    Minus BlindfoldMinus Blindfold Registered User regular
    Good playing with you today @Marikir‌ and MR_Green_Ninja. Hopefully my cheap little headset will be here soon, which will help a bunch.

Also, as someone who preordered on the PS3, how do I get access to the vanguard equipment ?

quixotic_jam.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    Yo

I'm a little confused about how subclasses work - a little help por favor.

I really like the sound of the Sunsinger, but I'm stuck with Voidwalker until 15, right?

What's the level cap? What level can I expect to be by the end of the story? 20 or so? Assuming I switch to Sunsinger at 15, is that enough 'time' to fully level up the 2nd subclass? Or am I thinking about it all wrong?

ty in advance

You still earn XP at level 20, which earns you
    • Unlocks on your gear
    • Motes of Light, a currency used to buy items from The Speaker
    • Abilities in your subclasses

Each subclass has a separate XP progression, so even if you swap to your new one at level 15, you won't get all of its abilities by 20.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Stragint wrote: »
    @GMaster7 I put in a request to join the clan

Per the OP, please add your info to the spreadsheet first. This goes for the rest of the pending apps, too - Elimination and ANDSv2 and Arcas and Grayson and everyone else. I made the instructions super, super-explicit, so it's only fair.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So I was running around on Venus and ran into a friend of mine randomly. I saw his name and ran over to him, thinking hey, what are the odds of randomly seeing someone you know! (He wasn't on my PSN friends list for whatever reason before this, either)

So anyway he turns around and recognizes me and waves....as a level 26 enemy blasts him in the back, one shotting him. Whoops.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I heard I was supposed to get exotic items after beating dust palace, anyone know anything?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Destiny is a game that would obviously lend itself to the PS4's sharing features. But so far I've had two lousy experiences that breaks the "convenience" of Sony's replay uploading platform.

The first time was a cool moment that I wanted to immediately upload. I hit the Share button, check out my video....and it's missing the last 15 minutes. To be fair, this may have been due to a lack of HDD space, but it's not the first time I've had this issue and lots of other people have complained about it.

Today I had another cool moment I wanted to immediately upload. This time it did capture the last few minutes, and I was able to upload it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDhx3BO0Dc&feature=youtu.be

But upon going back to the game, I was signed out. Thankfully it checkpointed me and I didn't lose any gear/progress, but if that's going to happen every time I hit the Share button, then it's just going to make things more cumbersome.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    That was a good hour or so of management - got a lot done. Sent about 40 PMs. [PA2] is officially up and running. If anyone has any questions, just let me know. I'm always available (except when I accidentally sleep in until 11:53 am because of late-night solo Crucible and almost miss a meeting). I'll be checking in a few times tonight to accept people to [PA2] and manage the roster.

Now who wants to play?! I'm just going to jump into the next Venus mission that I have and anyone is welcome to join. I want to hit at least 18 tonight, do some Strikes, and eventually late-night Crucible until the end of time (once I can get marks, at 18).

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    Hey so I have the digital guardian edition, aren't I supposed to have a special ship skin? Where's that? And how is it different than the normal one?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    lol... it's not just a skin, it's an entire ship. check the postmaster person

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Anyone down for the Dust Palace strike? Or the Winter's Lair venus strike?

@NerfThatMan‌ I'd love to do both the mars strikes. Pretty sure you can get the playstation exclusive exotics from dust palace.

Awesome. Anyone else up for it?

If you guys are doing it after 9h00pm est, I am up for it.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    http://raptr.com/azgoodaz/news/540f2b828e2f5ddf95/destiny-digital-guardian-edition-exclusive-player-ship-variant

Apparently this is it? I do not have this. I have the Arcadia class. My postmaster has nothing for me either. Is it level restricted? Buy it somewhere else? Hrm.

• Options
    http://raptr.com/azgoodaz/news/540f2b828e2f5ddf95/destiny-digital-guardian-edition-exclusive-player-ship-variant

Apparently this is it? I do not have this. I have the Arcadia class. My postmaster has nothing for me either. Is it level restricted? Buy it somewhere else? Hrm.

Same thing as you. I got the one ship only (where are the other 2?). I also have no idea where to get the weapons or the class specific armor.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hi guys, what are the cooldowns like on the magic powers? I normally don't go in for shooters but Borderlands 1 was great and I adore Mass Effect 3's multi, so hoping they're more frequent than like once a minute.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Shen wrote: »
    Hi guys, what are the cooldowns like on the magic powers? I normally don't go in for shooters but Borderlands 1 was great and I adore Mass Effect 3's multi, so hoping they're more frequent than like once a minute.

Grenades and melee are 60 seconds, can go down to 20 seconds with max effectiveness in its associated stat.

Super goes up slowly over time, but way more with kills. Dunno what the passive timer is on it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

That is it, I got the Ghost Edition and it came with a code for the extras; entered the code before I even installed Destiny, and the skin for the ship was waiting at the postmaster for me. Been using it since I first hit the tower.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    To everyone asking about the exclusive content like the ship skin and ghost skin: you may have to reload the stuff through "licenses" on PS4 (from what I've read) or by redownloading the small expansions (on PS3 just like I had to do). On PS3 go check the store's list of your downloads and see of there's something you didn't have before. Then go to the postmaster.

For the vanguard stuff: if you've entered your voucher or downloaded the vanguard addon, then go see the vanguard quartermaster in the hanger, next to the shipwright. It's a robot who has green gear starting at level 5 if you have the early access addon. Otherwise it only sells level 20 gear I think.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Figured it out! On PS4 at least, they added a "Destiny Collector's Edition Digital Content Pack" I had to purchase from the store. Downloaded it and trying now.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I heard I was supposed to get exotic items after beating dust palace, anyone know anything?

We tried it a little while ago and had no luck. Maybe it's a really rare drop?

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Figured it out! On PS4 at least, they added a "Destiny Collector's Edition Digital Content Pack" I had to purchase from the store. Downloaded it and trying now.

Sorry, didn't know you meant out of game. That's an interesting console difference? On the One they bundled all that stuff together so it downloaded automatically with one purchase. The only thing I had to do was hit install.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

Grenades and melee are 60 seconds, can go down to 20 seconds with max effectiveness in its associated stat.

Super goes up slowly over time, but way more with kills. Dunno what the passive timer is on it.

Cheers! Sounds like it's a little slow for my tastes, but I'll wait to see if any of my friends are interested and what reviews are saying.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    That was a good hour or so of management - got a lot done. Sent about 40 PMs. [PA2] is officially up and running. If anyone has any questions, just let me know. I'm always available (except when I accidentally sleep in until 11:53 am because of late-night solo Crucible and almost miss a meeting). I'll be checking in a few times tonight to accept people to [PA2] and manage the roster.

Now who wants to play?! I'm just going to jump into the next Venus mission that I have and anyone is welcome to join. I want to hit at least 18 tonight, do some Strikes, and eventually late-night Crucible until the end of time (once I can get marks, at 18).

Just going to take a moment out from precious Destiny time to thank you for the shitload of effort you've put into organizing all this so us lazy folks can shoot aliens with quality folk.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Just going to take a moment out from precious Destiny time to thank you for the shitload of effort you've put into organizing all this so us lazy folks can shoot aliens with quality folk.

Happy to do it. It's been a great experience.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in either of the Venus strike missions?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Oh man, playing with my Alt character (A Lvl.5 Bladedancer) and doing a Crucible control match, triggering Arc Blade and wiping out two enemies reasonably apart, but still around the same control point is awesome :-)

I also noticed on my Alt Warlock, when checking out the fancy armor for the Crucible, that the armbands have either burning void fire or solar fire, which is pretty neat, as opposed to all the other armbands...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    lodianlodian Coffee Grindhouse Titan VRegistered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    I'm almost level 8 and killed hundreds of mooks yet I've only had one engram drop (and I think that was story related to introduce you to them?), what gives?
    Experience rate and drop rates are significantly reduced from the Beta rates.

camo_sig2.pngPSN: aeroplane22 || Steam: kozmikx
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Guibs wrote: »

Same thing as you. I got the one ship only (where are the other 2?). I also have no idea where to get the weapons or the class specific armor.

It's the same one I have.

If you are on the PS4, you may need to do two things:
    1) When I preloaded Destiny, it didn't actually download the DLC packs. I had to go into the game menu (at the main PS4 menu), go to Destiny, go to I think "related items"?, and then download those DLC packs.
    2) There was also an odd error with the Armory pack that downloaded but didn't seem to install correctly, I had to go to the PS4 Settings, go to the PSN sub-menu, and selected "Restore Licenses" to get those to show up.

The skins for the Ghost and the ship are at the postmaster, the vanguard armory stuff was at the vanguard vendor (which the story i think points to.

Cobell on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Drop rate seems insanely low. I'm level 9 right now and haven't gotten any green items except the one introducing you to the identification guy. Crucible is also very stingy, 4 games to get a single white item.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Anyone want to moon strike? I have a spot open. Join my fire team! (Hypacia)

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've said it before, but this game would do really well with a randomized, self contained, ME3 style waves/survival PvE mode.

Some of the missions are sort of this, but yes. If they just straight up reprod' ME3 multi in this game, which I don't think would be that hard, it'd be great.

Yeah theres definitely some shades of it in there in a couple of the missions - and those parts are really great. As it is now though, despite the 'mmo' trappings many thought this game had with the dungeons and raids etc, I'm not sure what (as much as I like the game) is going to keep people hooked on the PvE for the long term.

They need to make repeatable, bite sized things. Things you can jump in, start shooting mans, see how you did, get loot, and then queue up to again.

As you said, just like in ME3.

• Options
    Marikir wrote: »
    To everyone asking about the exclusive content like the ship skin and ghost skin: you may have to reload the stuff through "licenses" on PS4 (from what I've read) or by redownloading the small expansions (on PS3 just like I had to do). On PS3 go check the store's list of your downloads and see of there's something you didn't have before. Then go to the postmaster.

For the vanguard stuff: if you've entered your voucher or downloaded the vanguard addon, then go see the vanguard quartermaster in the hanger, next to the shipwright. It's a robot who has green gear starting at level 5 if you have the early access addon. Otherwise it only sells level 20 gear I think.

Ok I got that so I guess the other ships are stuff I can purchased later on. What about the armor for each class? Where are they?

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Drop rate seems insanely low. I'm level 9 right now and haven't gotten any green items except the one introducing you to the identification guy. Crucible is also very stingy, 4 games to get a single white item.

Hmm, I'm also at that level, and I've got several greens. I have been running Hard versions of the story missions, and did some patrols (and bounties). I'm not sure if that affects things. I could also buy some green weapons from the vendor, but I didn't like the weapon types he was offering.

I did pug that Earth strike mission last night, but all I got out of that was a green armor.

Of course, it also helped that I knew where the gold chests are on Earth from the beta.

Cobell on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I guess i'm just lucky? but at level 8 i'm rocking 4 or 5 greens. i seem to get a drop every couple of missions on average

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
This discussion has been closed.