AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    *Attempts to look dignified*
    I agree, but I still enjoy the game

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    what the hell is a peechee?
    it looks like a notebook. is it some bizarre northwest slang for notebook?
    like calling soda 'pop'?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    what the hell is a peechee?
    it looks like a notebook. is it some bizarre northwest slang for notebook?
    like calling soda 'pop'?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    It appears to be the name brand of the notebook, but I have never heard of it either.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    This hit so close to home it's unbelievable...

Anyone who ritualistically tattooed every single notebook, folder, binder, book cover, or random sheet of loose leaf will understand.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I bought Destiny, and I want to like it, but after a week of owning it, it just hasn't gripped me. I'm only level 8 cause I can't find motivation to play.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I bought Destiny, and I want to like it, but after a week of owning it, it just hasn't gripped me. I'm only level 8 cause I can't find motivation to play.

Sometimes, games just don't click with you, even critically acclaimed games (even though Destiny apparently isn't). Personally, I could never get into the Uncharted games. I gave the first two games a fair try, but nope. Not for me. I can already tell that Destiny is not for me, though.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    no-oneno-one Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    I see Anthrax, I see Slayer, I see Metallica but I don't see Megadeth. You goddamn Scum, unsubscribed!...er, wrong website. Also number 11 looks like Obama

no-one on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I mean, I'm familiar with the practice of altering folders and scribbling upon them, but I had never heard of a Pee Chee until today.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I totally remember Pee Chees. Maybe y'all are too young/they were more common on the West Coast/somethin'.

This is beautiful. I love the little details like the bubble-font "peace" on the side and the scratched-out dick drawing. I think I sat in front of this kid in junior high Spanish class in '89.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Yea.. that looks like one of mine, though I don't see a Twisted Sister logo, or a bunch of bombers dropping bombs on one of the runners heads.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    The MINTAUR and SORCERIAN concert was a beast.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    NobodeyNobodey Registered User regular
    Oh man! How long did it take you to find a Pee Chee? Do they still make them? I am having flashbacks (and not the good kind!).

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Oh Shit! A Wizard was the name of my highschool metal band.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I totally remember Pee Chees. Maybe y'all are too young/they were more common on the West Coast/somethin'.

This is beautiful. I love the little details like the bubble-font "peace" on the side and the scratched-out dick drawing. I think I sat in front of this kid in junior high Spanish class in '89.

I'm 32. It's clearly not an age thing.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Probably more common on the West Coast. I grew up in the Midwest, my birthyear is in the 70s, and we had things like that, but they weren't called "PeeChees".

Even without the eponym for the portfolio, this work of ART resonates with me. Every looseleaf binder, every Trapper Keeper, every workbook from a textbook that I owned had doodle pen-art full of Transformers, space ships, guns, and logos of whatever I was following at the time.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    I think he's onto something. Also, that must've taken some time. Kudos.

Playing Destiny, I did get the distinct impression that every other word was capitalized in the script. It rather reminds me of the Honest Trailers take on Game of Thrones.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Heh, this hits very close to home. The surface ofc is regionally replaceable.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I'm on older fart for these parts, also west coast, and I have never heard of them, but the comic works anyway because every kid draws all over their stuff.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    Evil TacoEvil Taco Registered User regular
    Huh. Yeah, east coast resident here. Closest we had were trapper keeper folders, and they never got a special nickname.

Learn something new every day, I guess. I know I'm near the age of the creators of this comic, so it can't be an age gap thing.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Having played through Destiny's "story" missions, this rings so true. Still a fun game, but man the story and the lore are a huge whiff.

And I totally remember PeeChees growing up in the 80's in California. Though I never doodled on mine THIS much lol

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    DevoiDDevoiD Australia, Mate ;)Registered User regular
    *googles PeeChee* Ah... the more you know :D

Surprisingly, people pay me to do computer things.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

I'm 32. It's clearly not an age thing.
    said the ooooooold

cB557 on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Oregon, late 70s and 80s. Still have a few of them, mixed in with old school papers in a box somewhere.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh man, I remember doing that with all my notebooks. Jesus, I feel OLD.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JazzyJazzy Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I also want to know what a Peechee is. I was afraid to google it at work.

Destiny is fun with friends. But then most things are fun with friends.

Moon Wizard.
  • Options
    DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    I, too, had no idea what a PeeChee was before this comic. I had a Trapper Keeper with some sort of weird, mid 90's computer rendered landscape on it. Also, I like the idea of the PeeChee from the comic being auctioned for charity.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Wow. This takes me back to Coventry Jr. High school class of 1987. I had a bunch of notebooks like this as well as two jean jackets with art on the back. I drew the cover of Iron Maidens 'Somewhere In Time' album on the back of one, and the cover of Ozzy's 'Ultimate Sin' on the back of another. i miss those jackets-I did a pretty decent job on them if I remember right.

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    Destiny kind of looks like Borderlands to me, which I hated, so I know it's not for me.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica but no MegaDeth? Dave Mustaine is going to be PISSED

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    Is number 11 our presidente?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I got confused with what today's comic is because Wednesday's and Fridays appear already for Club PA members. This is excellent.

• Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular

I've never even been to America but I listen to enough West Coast-based podcasts that I've heard these Pee-Chee folders referenced a bunch of times. Until today I thought they were "Peachy" folders though.

• Options
    getdarkergetdarker Registered User regular
    There's only one thing missing: dynamite in the runner's hand. Every. Single. Time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jdwohleverjdwohlever South CarolinaRegistered User new member
    Am I the only one who noticed that he drew the symbol under the word Destiny that they use in the game?
    How the hell is that possible?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    jdwohlever wrote: »
    Am I the only one who noticed that he drew the symbol under the word Destiny that they use in the game?
    How the hell is that possible?
    It's not ACTUALLY from 1991. It's just a new peechee that he bought for this project:
    Today’s comic was fun for a couple reasons. First it marks a return to shitting on Bungie which has been a staple of the comic for more than a decade. Second, I actually made the Pee-Chee in real life. I thought about trying to do it all digitally in Photoshop but then decided against it. I had to go to a few different stores but finally found a place that still sold Pee-Chees, then I got some ball point pens and went to work. It was really fun going back to my school days and remembering all the shit I used to doodle on my folders. I may actually hand this folder off to Jamie for the Child’s Play auction this year. Maybe someone will want it.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/09/15/destiny

8i1dt37buh2m.png