The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Doom comes to [chat]

simonwolfsimonwolf an expressway late at nightonly halogen lights shine mysteriouslyRegistered User regular
edited September 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
0y6jJc0m.jpg

PUNY MORTALS

YOU SHALL TREMBLE BEFORE DOOM

DOOM IS UNAMUSED BY THE DENIZENS OF [CHAT]

EP7kM7H.jpg

DOOM KNOWS YOUR EVERY MOVE

tCWtiMx.jpg

DOOM CANNOT BE HELD AT BAY

Spidey-Super-Stories_53_GM.jpg

DOOM COMES FOR YOUR MOST HALLOWED TRADITIONS

ARN8Gza.jpg

BUT PERHAPS YOU MAY STILL LIVE

aeBqqecl.jpg

simonwolf on
RMS OceanicYoshisummonsBogartQuidP10JacobkoshsurrealitycheckTL DRRear Admiral Chocospool32STATE OF THE ART ROBOTdescMrAnthropyCasualPLABlameless ClericcptruggedWinkyChanusjakobaggerWashcB557Harry DresdenElldrenevilbobshrykeMrMistertapeslingerMillJoolanderArdol
«134567109

Posts

  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    reed.jpg

    Doom is just so better than I am!

    QuidDark Raven XRear Admiral ChocodescMrAnthropyPLABlameless Clericjakobagger
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Where's my money honey?

    Really?

    P10
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    warning: butt
    2033080-07.jpg

    no words

  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I was just watching some eps of Avengers: EMH on Netflix Sunday night. God I wish they had never cancelled that show. *sigh*

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    I agree with Bogart. Petty insults aren't something Doom should be doing for any old reason. In a fit of fury at Reed, sure. Because someone he considers beneath him talked back? That ain't how Doom handles people beneath him. He has people to acknowledge the existence of those people for him.

    Doom's too busy with his swagger for that shit.

    JacobkoshronyaMrAnthropyjakobagger
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I was just watching some eps of Avengers: EMH on Netflix Sunday night. God I wish they had never cancelled that show. *sigh*

    Jeph Loeb is a such a dick bag

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    JacobkoshGonmunBogartMrAnthropyAtomika
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    n4e9lWE.jpg

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Where's my money honey?

    Really?

    Listen up jive turkey

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular


    Best part of this cartoon

    GonmunQuidPLAJacobkosh
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Where's my money honey?

    Really?

    Listen up jive turkey

    Sweet Christmas!

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    Dark Raven XQuid
  • BogartBogart Newsflash, fuckwads: I'm a good person. Registered User regular
    New Doctor Who is almost ten years old. That is kind of amazing. Teenagers walking around who have childhood memories of Daleks on TV mingling with 30, 40, 50 and 60 year olds who have the same tingly nostalgia for them.

    We should band together and destroy our natural enemies, the kids who grew up in the 90's, bereft of Who.

    Dark Raven XBlameless ClericJacobkosh
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Is Doom supposed to be hammy? What's going on here

    “Even as a gengar she was lovely.” ― Ovid, Metamorphoses
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I just saw Geth is now tracking posts per time on thread closure?

    Big Data Alert!

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Geth
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    doom is about improbably grandiose aims and wagnerian melodramas, which is why being taken down squirrel girl is funny

    but I get that some writers cannot really pull that off

  • simonwolfsimonwolf an expressway late at night only halogen lights shine mysteriouslyRegistered User regular
    1VYaXKK.jpg

  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Is Doom supposed to be hammy? What's going on here

    Generally no but when a writer pokes fun at him it usually sticks out because of that.

  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    lured by the siren call of Doom
    10003994_10152215833128290_1821312733_n.jpg?oh=7402fa64bae027c342afcfb8e91b8eb3&oe=5482731B

    1964961_10152216090238290_1758013524_n.jpg?oh=59f98a42275f9fbb7acc96bdc800539c&oe=54C75998&__gda__=1417997122_ec786204e208c9cfa90adfad010941cc

    1619644_10152215920518290_505492921_n.jpg?oh=50d25c50251e7dc012f801bc2594c17d&oe=548781AC

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Doom is legitimately my favorite character in comics.

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The gods have seen fit to bless us with more days of sun, warmth and yoga pants

    Life is very sweet, brother
    Who would wish to die?

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Also I am sad that Richards presumably repeatedly screwed up Doom's plans in that cartoon.

    Dude was literally was aiming to end world hunger and disease and Richards was presumably all "Noooooo!" because he wanted to solve those problems.

    Quid on
    PLA
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I'd love to see doom go head to head against the avengers on the big screen

    but it will never happen because fox owns the rights to doom.

    FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    bendis has had several swings at writing a powerful character with a contemptuous, alien perspective in his Powers series, not set in the MU or DCU

    not really Doom stuff though

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Quid wrote: »
    Also I am sad that Richards presumably repeatedly screwed up Doom's plans in that cartoon.

    Dude was literally was aiming to end world hunger and disease and Richards was presumably all "Noooooo!" because he wanted to solve those problems.

    Superscientists never do anything useful in comics. "I have cured the disease of the week that was threatening to wipe us all out. Cure cancer? FUCK YOU!"

    Couscous on
  • BogartBogart Newsflash, fuckwads: I'm a good person. Registered User regular
    One reason Bendis Doom doesn't work is that he seems incredibly petty and coarse. Cow-mouth? What? These are your captives, Doom, you know better than to scream at them as if they're still a threat.

    He's like a grumpy Mole Man in that panel.

    QuidJacobkoshElldren
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Also I am sad that Richards presumably repeatedly screwed up Doom's plans in that cartoon.

    Dude was literally was aiming to end world hunger and disease and Richards was presumably all "Noooooo!" because he wanted to solve those problems.

    Superscientists never do anything useful in comics. "I have cure the disease of the week that was threatening to wipe us all out. Cure cancer? FUCK YOU!"

    If only they would listen to Doom.

    Bogart
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Also I am sad that Richards presumably repeatedly screwed up Doom's plans in that cartoon.

    Dude was literally was aiming to end world hunger and disease and Richards was presumably all "Noooooo!" because he wanted to solve those problems.

    At what cost, Quid. At what cost?

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Where's the cancer cure, Lex?

    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
    RMS Oceanic
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Also I am sad that Richards presumably repeatedly screwed up Doom's plans in that cartoon.

    Dude was literally was aiming to end world hunger and disease and Richards was presumably all "Noooooo!" because he wanted to solve those problems.

    At what cost, Quid. At what cost?

    Knowing Doom

    Probably extending mandatory education in to people's 30s and mandating everyone be proficient with at least two instruments.

    GonmunPLA
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Where's the cancer cure, Lex?

    Superman must pay for causing him to lose his hair first.

    Lex's motivation has been terrible for most of the time his character has existed.

  • y2jake215y2jake215 Lars von Trihard/Cinnabon Iver young ass popeRegistered User regular
    Ughhhhh outdoor temp has dropped 30 degrees in 2 days but AC in building has not been adjusted

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    I mean doesn't the Baxter Building run on like infinite power?

    Like just the idea of a cheap infinite power source is basically society changing in a mind blowing way.

    Yes, let us remove all needs for fossil fuels and remove one of the biggest constraints on society.

    I mean at least they show Tony in the MCU trying to expand his awesome energy plant.

    03x29di.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I mean doesn't the Baxter Building run on like infinite power?

    Like just the idea of a cheap infinite power source is basically society changing in a mind blowing way.

    Yes, let us remove all needs for fossil fuels and remove one of the biggest constraints on society.

    I mean at least they show Tony in the MCU trying to expand his awesome energy plant.

    He is too busy having science adventures on the moon and elsewhere that he probably never bothers to publish in a scientific journal.

    spool32
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Free electricity would change the world so fast, it'd be crazy, I can't even imagine where it would end up.
    It leads to transport and heat immediately, which would free up a large amount of money, and have a good impact on global warming.
    It'd heavily impact consumer goods, since with enough energy a whole lot things become viable.
    The biggest constraint then probably becomes areable land, though even that is lessened.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • BogartBogart Newsflash, fuckwads: I'm a good person. Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    You kind of have to just swallow complaints that the big brains haven't solved world hunger and the like. No, it doesn't make sense when you think about it logically, but pipe down because that's the entrance fee for the superhero universe. Whenever they try and story it out or provide an excuse it sounds dumb as hell

    The Golden Age DC heroes didn't beat the Nazis in two seconds flat because *ahem* Adolf had the Spear of Destiny mumble mumble would have mind-controlled the heroes if they'd set foot in Europe hmm yes I know.

    Civil War came about because superhero fights cause massive collateral damage and we only just noticed ummm what will heroes do after Civil War you say hmm well beat up bad guys and knock down buildings I guess oh wait.

    Bogart on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Sweet! One of our drivers makes homemade teriyaki beef jerkey so I got a bag for $10. So, so gooooood.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
«134567109
This discussion has been closed.