As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Crash then Monitor resolution messed up [fixed]

BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
Hey Guys,

This is something new: I booted up Luftrausers, played for a few moments, and then the game locked up, and the stuff on my second monitor showed up on my main (where I was playing) and I used task manager to kill the exe.

Now, my main monitor, which is an old Acer whose native resolution is 1440x900, is showing up as a 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor' according to Windows, and the Nvidia control panel reads it as Analog with a default resolution of 1024x768. I'm pretty sure before, the driver read it as an Acer with the model number.

I have a Geforce GTX 660 and I set the resolution and dual monitor stuff up through the Nvidia control panel, since it does a better job of it than W7 imho. It seemed to me that something happened to the drivers that is confusing it. I installed fresh drivers and it still didn't fix it. So I'm kinda stumped.

Can anyone help?

BlindPsychic on

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Bah, the old unplug it-plug it back in worked. (On the power cable and not the actual connector). Never mind!