As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It's not the first day of Christmas, but that means naught to me, so how about some Steam games for free? :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

I have no idea what to do for my Secret Santee at this point, but that doesn't mean I still don't want to start up with the Christmas cheer, so I decided to do a little something for the whole forum to kick things off. I think you can all see where I'm going with this. I'll be using Steamgifts because it's simple and it can handle all the contest-ing for me, but I'm letting you know in advance that some will not be Steam keys, but Origin GoG, or Desura keys. I have already cleared it with Hypatia, as long as I'm letting you guys know that the key is for some other thing, I can use Steamgifts here for the sake of simplicity.

Let the 12 days of Secret Santa begin!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Went to buy the holiday bullshit for my santee, see that he had already purchased it for himself and it blocked me from purchasing for that address. Well played, santee.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Went to buy the holiday bullshit for my santee, see that he had already purchased it for himself and it blocked me from purchasing for that address. Well played, santee.

hand tipped santa!

(but seriously if it's still available and you like cards against humanity, go sign up for Holiday Bullshit. Last year was amazing)

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Santee, I think I found something pretty cool based on the one thing that came up when I googled your name. Hopefully there aren't others in your area with the same name, or you're going to be so confused.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Santee, you don't even know what's in store for you. I can only hope you don't buy this one thing for yourself.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    If that one thing isn't a red rider BB gun, i'm going to be upset.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    First part of Santee's gift is done. Harrowing!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    edit: and on further inspection I got another email that may have some sort of code thing at the bottom. Or it's a weird signature.

○●●○○●●○○●○●○●○●●●○●●○●●●

Ooh, puzzles!

My first reaction was Morse code, but no dashes. Binary? 0110011001010101110110111

Edit: Getting malformed in the converter though.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's tough because the thing I got my Santee is something I think he or she might get for themselves. But I can't ask them because that'll spoil it.

Hey Santee, I'm sending you mind thoughts to say "Hey, don't buy that thing for yourself. Or maybe do, but you'll now have two instead of one"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Santee's first gift bought. Will send soon. One of many--ish?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    edit: and on further inspection I got another email that may have some sort of code thing at the bottom. Or it's a weird signature.

Ooh, puzzles!

My first reaction was Morse code, but no dashes. Binary? 0110011001010101110110111

25 digits is a weird length for binary. It doesn't break into 7 or 8 bit ascii.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    First santee gifts are away!!!!!!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Santee gifts launching soon, it's on the places I ordered them from now.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I think I lost my Zune.

Santa, if this is your doing, so I can be reunited with it come Christmas day in a true Christmas miracle, kudos. Kudos.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    It's tough because the thing I got my Santee is something I think he or she might get for themselves. But I can't ask them because that'll spoil it.

Hey Santee, I'm sending you mind thoughts to say "Hey, don't buy that thing for yourself. Or maybe do, but you'll now have two instead of one"

Stalk for family contacts? Last year I tried reaching out to santees fiance for some potential gift collaboration

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

If my santa has this problem, you have my wife's contact details, just let her know and she'll take care of things.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Well tonight I was going to be getting my Santee's gifts all wrapped up and ready to go.

Instead, USPS decided to not deliver my mail yesterday. But to pretend they did so anyways. So tomorrow I get to go hunt down where my packages are. Exciting!

Holiday cheer is only facing a slight delay.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    It just occurred to me that I told my Santa to ship to my wife's work address. . .

It is more secure than our home we live at for receiving packages. I think I just gave them a way to contact my wife, without thinking about it.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
    santee - I think I have stuff in order. I still need to visit a local [redacted] store to look for some stuff for you, but I know exactly what I'm looking for. Also I have to put together a [redacted] [redacted] as well as one [redacted] partially ready for you.

shipping closer to December.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    On the second day of not Christmas my true love gave to me, two more Steam games for free. :whistle:

signature.png

signature.png

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Ooh, puzzles!

I tried morse but couldn't figure out really how to convert it. All the morse translators want you to break it up by word and that's one long string. Binary I thought about but it has 3 black dots touching. Didn't consider white=0 and black=1 because I was dumb and tired. And also it doesn't work apparently. Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. I like this kinda stuff. If it IS a puzzle and it's a work safe one maybe I can puzzle some students with it. Because I'm certainly confused. And mildly terrified.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    telling me not to buy things is pointless. I'll be spending my extra dosh on my target, so I wont be buying much for a month or two.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Everyone can relax, I found my zune!

• Options
    edited November 2014

Ooh, puzzles!

I tried morse but couldn't figure out really how to convert it. All the morse translators want you to break it up by word and that's one long string. Binary I thought about but it has 3 black dots touching. Didn't consider white=0 and black=1 because I was dumb and tired. And also it doesn't work apparently. Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. I like this kinda stuff. If it IS a puzzle and it's a work safe one maybe I can puzzle some students with it. Because I'm certainly confused. And mildly terrified.

If it's binary it's odd it starts with 0

Edit: So when editing the text, the colors invert. I guess that's due to the way the board colors are? Maybe it's the other way around? (on mobile and I keep losing my place, can do it later when on laptop if someone doesn't by then.)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Don't worry santa, I won't be buying anything for a few months. except booze. and pizza. but duplicate gifts are welcome there

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular

Ooh, puzzles!

Could it be a bar code? I mean if you turn the dots into vertical lines, that might lead somewhere.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »

Ooh, puzzles!

Could it be a bar code? I mean if you turn the dots into vertical lines, that might lead somewhere.

I devoutly hope my Santa doesn't do anything like like this for me. All it would do would frustrate me. I can understand why some of ya'll love it but I don't share the enthusiasm.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

Ooh, puzzles!

I devoutly hope my Santa doesn't do anything like like this for me. All it would do would frustrate me. I can understand why some of ya'll love it but I don't share the enthusiasm.

Yeah, not that I don't enjoy a good puzzle, but I just don't have the time these days. I'd end up just giving up or paying the CIA to figure it out for me.

The one puzzle I do enjoy is figuring out who my Santa is every year, based on clues throughout the thread. I've been getting better at it each year!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Elin wrote: »

Ooh, puzzles!

Yeah, not that I don't enjoy a good puzzle, but I just don't have the time these days. I'd end up just giving up or paying the CIA to figure it out for me.

The one puzzle I do enjoy is figuring out who my Santa is every year, based on clues throughout the thread. I've been getting better at it each year!

perhaps it is a section of an ascii image? next messages might contain more snips

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hmm, looks like the second half of my Santee's gift is shipping ahead of the first, which still hasn't processed yet. That's going to make the message inside a bit off.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    By the by, if one of you premature gift-givers are my Santa, I'm headed to England for a week starting tonight, so if you don't hear anything right away, don't worry about it.

• Options

Ooh, puzzles!

If it's binary it's odd it starts with 0

Edit: So when editing the text, the colors invert. I guess that's due to the way the board colors are? Maybe it's the other way around? (on mobile and I keep losing my place, can do it later when on laptop if someone doesn't by then.)

1001100110101010001001000 is the inverted binary from earlier. I realized it's the difference between mobile (blue background and white text) and desktop (white background and black text). When I googled it the first result was "Integer Number 20141128". So that's something.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I wish there was a way to tell my Santee not to buy a certain thing without giving away that they're probably getting that certain thing.

• Options
    Are those the numbers from lost?

I assume most things are the numbers from lost, because I'm bad at puzzles, and also I never really watched lost more than sporadically

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to tell my Santee not to buy a certain thing without giving away that they're probably getting that certain thing.

I have the same problem.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    No they are not. They're not a tracking number either.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Are those the numbers from lost?

I assume most things are the numbers from lost, because I'm bad at puzzles, and also I never really watched lost more than sporadically

They're not the numbers from lost.

/avface

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    To me that looks like a date in yyyyMMdd

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Just say: "Don't buy anything. Promise me. Swear to me."

Via @Proxy the Elf‌ of course.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    All my Santee's gifts have been purchased and are en route to me for wrapping. I hope I did ok, I'm nervous.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

Just say: "Don't buy anything. Promise me. Swear to me."

Via @Proxy the Elf‌ of course.

Za Pain did this to me last year. It was super effective!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick