As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    See, nobody could ever really know that for sure, though. One of life's great mysteries.

Sure they can. They hurt enough getting from kidney to bladder and that's universal across both genders! Thank Christ mine made it from bladder to outside world without incident.

He's feeling OK right now, they gave him morphine twice in his IV and then a percocet tablet. We're home thankfully so now it's just drink a lot of water and wait.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh man. Hope your husband feels better soon. I just passed my first kidney stone like a month ago. I woke up one morning and thought I was dying. Believe it or not, peeing out a rock isn't even the really painful part. It's when it's bouncing around in your kidney. It was enough to make me give up pop all together. I stick with water from now on.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    @Elin: how dreadful for you both. I hope it works out quickly and isn't serious.

Santa, I'm sorry I've been very quiet recently - having a very long, drawn out house move with very little internet access. We still haven't got walls in all the rooms in our house yet :(

Santee: oh, my goodness, either my stalking skills have been honed through years of doing this, or you are the easiest person in the world to stalk!!! I even know your shoe size!!!

Huh, want to give me some stalkin tips then? I appear to be awful at it this year.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Elin wrote: »
    My husband has 3, count them 3 kidney stones. They're going to see if they pass naturally so he's drugged up. We're hoping to leave the hospital soon.

Kidney stones are the worst! I had a 3mm kidney stone and it was horrendous. 3 is off the charts bad.

e: Hope he passes them soon... mine took over a week.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Dyvion wrote: »
    My husband has 3, count them 3 kidney stones. They're going to see if they pass naturally so he's drugged up. We're hoping to leave the hospital soon.

Kidney stones are the worst! I had a 3mm kidney stone and it was horrendous. 3 is off the charts bad.

His largest stone is 3mm. The pain was so bad he couldn't breathe right. It was scary, and made worse because he left it for half the day because he didn't want to wake me up. By the time he told me he was in pain it was bad.

We're home now, and he's resting. Sucks that my bigger dogs mode of showing affection is to shove a toy into your torso so my husband keeps having to keep Linus away.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Santee: Thanksgiving hasn't passed yet, but it essentially has for me now, so moving from stalking phase to purchasing phase!

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Final stalking complete. You're going to have a fun month.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I heard the best way to get rid of a kidney stone is with Guinness. If you drink one of those, and 12oz water every hour, you'll be so drunk you might not notice getting rid of it with how full your bladder would be.

I've never had a kidney stone though, so I have not personally tested this theory.

And Santee, I wanted to do something hand drawn, but I am not sure how much time I'll have. I'm sorry if I got your hopes up!

The good news is, I'm submitting my grad school application in about a week. So Santa, the highest thing on my wishlist is an acceptance letter!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    It looks like my Santee's package was delivered last week. So hopefully everything got there safely.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Spending today in bed with suspected noro virus so I'm between vomiting am doing a bit of extra stalking! I may cough in to an air tight container and ship that.

It's nice to share.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Spending today in bed with suspected noro virus so I'm between vomiting am doing a bit of extra stalking! I may cough in to an air tight container and ship that.

It's nice to share.

Hi this is homeland security. If you just sit tight we're sending someone to help

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

It's nice to share.

I'll be honest, I read this as Nomura virus at first.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Alright, Santee. You should be receiving "something" shortly.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options

His largest stone is 3mm. The pain was so bad he couldn't breathe right. It was scary, and made worse because he left it for half the day because he didn't want to wake me up. By the time he told me he was in pain it was bad.

We're home now, and he's resting. Sucks that my bigger dogs mode of showing affection is to shove a toy into your torso so my husband keeps having to keep Linus away.

I'm told a diet high in Citrus fruits helps keep the stones at bay, but I'm not a doctor, so... take that with a grain of salt.

and a squeeze of lime.

and a shot of tequila.

• Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »

I'm told a diet high in Citrus fruits helps keep the stones at bay, but I'm not a doctor, so... take that with a grain of salt.

and a squeeze of lime.

and a shot of tequila.

Yes please.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillyDub wrote: »

and a squeeze of lime.

and a shot of tequila.

Yes please.

You're not A doctor... but you are MY doctor!

• Options

and a squeeze of lime.

and a shot of tequila.

Yeah, my husband does NOT drink tequila. I've tried. He'll drink some hard cider every now and then but he's not a drinker. I don't mind as it basically means I have a build in designated driver even if he does tease me when I get drunk. He's uber responsible though and doesn't mind going and picking up friends and dropping them off again so no one drinks and drives.

Thank you everyone for your happy thought, he's feeling better today (with painkillers).

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I think I had a productive day.

[ ] Do something for santee <-- Check!

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, if you stumbled upon my Amazon wish list, know that it has been updated, and my family may be picking at it too... :)

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

and a squeeze of lime.

and a shot of tequila.

Yep. Water and lemonade.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Quick update to my previous post...
    Good news for my Santee, I got a job! It's a dumb job, but I'll hopefully have an offer for an AWESOME job in a couple of weeks! Either way, crisis averted and you're the beneficiary.

They called back early, and I totally got the awesome job! Hurraaaaaay! Christmas has come early!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Hey ya'll, if you ask @Proxy the Elf‌ to send a message, does (s)he send any sort of confirmation or do we assume the message got there safely?

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Don't assume anything about Proxy.

Rain or shine, snow or sleet, he will deliver your mail! But sunny days are optional...

Christmas will endure.

(But really, you won't get confirmation)

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    WillyDubWillyDub Registered User regular
    Quick update to my previous post...
    Good news for my Santee, I got a job! It's a dumb job, but I'll hopefully have an offer for an AWESOME job in a couple of weeks! Either way, crisis averted and you're the beneficiary.

They called back early, and I totally got the awesome job! Hurraaaaaay! Christmas has come early!

Congrats! Should make the upcoming Turkey taste just a lil' bit better =)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    Hey ya'll, if you ask @Proxy the Elf‌ to send a message, does (s)he send any sort of confirmation or do we assume the message got there safely?

An elf is never late, nor is he early, he delivers precisely when he means to.
    It got done, kid.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Snap, crackle or pop would work for Proxy too although I wish there was a button for all three.

• Options
    I uh, just bought my holiday presale 3-day pass for Riot Fest. Sorry Santa. If it makes you feel better, I'm now too broke to buy anything else (the price jumped from $70+fees to $110+fees this year [technically $90+fees but I missed the first two price points this morning by forgetting about it completely.].).

• Options
    I bought Persona Q, to be fair I did warn you it would probably happen.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So I'm feeling super guilty on slacking on my Santee's gift but I got a ton of furniture moving done yesterday and I'm feeling super motivated. Santee, I'm starting on your gift stuff this week!

Also is it too late to ask for a christmasfied avatar?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Got another message from my santa but at least I can tell this one is a puzzle. I'm pretty terrible at them so I may post it here but I want to give it some time before asking for help. Also, haven't done much for my santee yet but will soon.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Santee, you better be home on Monday. Package away!

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    A box has appeared on my desk!
    I'm going to put my Santee's gift in it and mail it to them shortly.

• Options
    A box has appeared on my desk!
    I'm going to put my Santee's gift in it and mail it to them shortly.

wakka wakka!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I did nothing today. But read amusing posts and wonder.

So, there was a lawyer and a person in the woods. Two bears jumped out and ate the person. The lawyer ran back to find the ranger. The ranger and the lawyer went back to find the male and female bear. The ranger asked the lawyer, who ate the person? The lawyer said the male. The ranger shot the female. What? Why did you do that said the lawyer? The ranger reply? Never trust a lawyer when they say it is in the mail.

I kid, I kid, santee, it is supposed to be in the mail. I have no tracking number, but I will keep you updated if I can.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That's a decidedly less ethnic version of that joke I heard as a kid.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    That's a decidedly less ethnic version of that joke I heard as a kid.

Yeah, the version I heard played off the homophone Czech and check as the punchline.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

My still anonymous santa has ambushed me for round 2 of the great giftening! with more humble bundle action

this time i was sent the following, much like before i owned none of these:
    rkIBaFY.png

will santa's attempts at generating massive backlog of holiday cheer ever end? find out next time

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Technical difficulties are the bane of my attempts today. That's what I get for being in IT. Tomorrow hopefully will be better.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Turkey still hasn't been eaten, tis what fuels my ability to wrap boxes.

Think I did pretty good this year. Probably poke around and see what else I can find.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Just as an FYI to all users, but not my santee because he's perfect.

If you have your present package POST SOMETHING

It can be extremely stressful when the tracking says delivered and yet there is no word of actually receiving said gifts.

So again, photos or even just "hey I got a package in the mail from my Santa will post photos later" because seriously. Stressful.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490