As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Every year, I notice this thread around, oh, December 22nd.

Not this year.

I am in.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I guess if you just had a breakup for a good reason (cheating, bad person, falling out of love, whatever) you can look on the brighter side of things....you're not wasting any more time and/or money on them.

Now you can spend that money on Santee.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the notification! I mostly lurk G&T nowadays, but I still want to participate on this every year.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @spoit has a way with words. And @corriganx gifted me some Magicka dlc to boot.

dzrzJMf.png

• Options
    wrong thread?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    wrong thread?

Hard to tell. Gifting knows no bounds, apparently.

• Options
    Icemopper wrote: »
    wrong thread?

Hard to tell. Gifting knows no bounds, apparently.

Unless Spoit was his Santa and this is just a slow burn...

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Nah I'm just out of it, prett yshitty week catching up with me :p

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I'm very likely going to sign up! Just currently being introduced to our new little daughter which will take a couple more weeks, then I'll be able to say "yay" or "nay" for definite. It's likely to be "yay" though!

I decided I was in. PM sent. Hurrah!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm also officially in. I'll be a little more cost effective this year, but that means I'll be stretching my creative muscles harder. I can't wait!

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    So 11 years and the first year I'm going for it.

• Options
    I got my 7 yr anniversary badge on these forus just a couple days ago, clearly I sign I did the right thing signing up for this!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I got my 7 yr anniversary badge on these forus just a couple days ago, clearly I sign I did the right thing signing up for this!

I don't know if I'm going to get any more anniversary badges. I'm just "old" and "ancient" now. :(

Regardless, you definitely did the right thing signing up for this. It's the only right choice when it comes to secret santa! (except under extreme circumstances)

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

I don't know if I'm going to get any more anniversary badges. I'm just "old" and "ancient" now. :(

Regardless, you definitely did the right thing signing up for this. It's the only right choice when it comes to secret santa! (except under extreme circumstances)

I'm sure no one here would be upset to get thoughtful handmade gifts. I mean who wouldn't want a cross stitch of Halo and beef jerky wrapped in an American flag?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

I'm sure no one here would be upset to get thoughtful handmade gifts. I mean who wouldn't want a cross stitch of Halo and beef jerky wrapped in an American flag?

monsters. that's who.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular

One of my favorite gifts ever was painted coffee mug @UEAKCrash‌ got me in 2011. It's still my primary mug!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular

One of my favorite gifts ever was painted coffee mug @UEAKCrash‌ got me in 2011. It's still my primary mug!

Every time I open up my custom content while mapping for TF2 (read: all the time) I see the poster I imported for your interactive card, too!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

monsters. that's who.

Wait, just to clarify here...
    Are we talking about a cross stitch depicting Halo and beef jerky wrapped in a flag? Or is it a cross stitch depicting Halo and beef jerky then the cross stitch itself is wrapped in an American flag?
    Perhaps a cross stitch depicting Halo, that is wrapped with beef jerky in an American flag?

Edit: This post was originally intended as a joke, but after some thought, I want to say that if my Santa is particularly arts and crafts oriented, I think a HALO themed cross stitch piece (or any video game really, though I'm partial to SNES era fantasy JRPGs) would be an awesome thing to put up on the wall.

Edit edit: You can't really go wrong with salty meat snacks either.

see317 on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

Me.

Unless it's a console/handheld/new graphics card/new PC then it's getting sent back where it came from.

Keep that in mind Santa. Go BIG or go home.

We're talking hundreds if not thousands. Actually I could do with a new car too.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

Me.

Unless it's a console/handheld/new graphics card/new PC then it's getting sent back where it came from.

Keep that in mind Santa. Go BIG or go home.

We're talking hundreds if not thousands. Actually I could do with a new car too.

*note to self to look for matchbox cars at the thrift shop

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Splurging on matchbox cars? Look at the big spender over here.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Splurging on matchbox cars? Look at the big spender over here.
    SC%201.jpg

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Dear Santa,

No Matchbox 20.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Unless we're doing 90s Secret Santa.

Which, now that I think about it, would actually be pretty cool.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm going to be making apple butter soon. I don't have the rig for traditional canning so I freezer can. If Santee is close enough I could mail dry ice and apple butter. I think it's legal to send dry ice in in the mail.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I look forward to this time of year every year, but then I get so pissed at the wait

I want my Santee and I want them now

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    I look forward to this time of year every year, but then I get so pissed at the wait

I want my Santee and I want them now

Pre-game by stalking random folks in thread. Should keep the jitters down.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

I'll take a first edition holo-Charizard.

Some 3D Doritios and a Wonderball would be an awesome snack.

Also can I get a ride to Blockbuster to use my gift card?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

I'll take a first edition holo-Charizard.

Some 3D Doritios and a Wonderball would be an awesome snack.

Also can I get a ride to Blockbuster to use my gift card?

Two crates of Surge

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hit me with DVDs of all the great Saturday morning cartoons. Earthworm Jim, freakazoid, classic x-men... The list goes on

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    :whistle:
    Super teen extraordinaire
    Freakazoid, Freakazoid
    Runs around in underwear
    Freakazoid, Freakazoid

:whistle:

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Hit me with DVDs of all the great Saturday morning cartoons. Earthworm Jim, freakazoid, classic x-men... The list goes on

This Yes!!! 1000x YES!!!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Here are some notifications for people that missed last year's sign-ups.

@Bear is Driving

This is a humiliation I will never live down.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    It's far too early for it, but this thread has led to me listening to maybe 5 minutes of Christmas music on Spotify pretty much daily before I realize what I'm doing and die of shame.

• Options
    cornell wrote: »
    It's far too early for it, but this thread has led to me listening to maybe 5 minutes of Christmas music on Spotify pretty much daily before I realize what I'm doing and die of shame.

Christmas music is one of my favorite holiday traditions! I have my playlist ready, full of Bing Crosby, Sufjan Stevens, Rosie Thomas and many more!

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular

Christmas music is one of my favorite holiday traditions! I have my playlist ready, full of Bing Crosby, Sufjan Stevens, Rosie Thomas and many more!

I love Christmas music, but I find the earlier I listen, it wears me out near Christmas so I try and hold off as long as possible.

• Options
    I worked retail one holiday season, so I listened to way too damn much of that Michael Buble Christmas album.

steam_sig.png

• Options

I love Christmas music, but I find the earlier I listen, it wears me out near Christmas so I try and hold off as long as possible.

Absolutely. I wait until December.
    I worked retail one holiday season, so I listened to way too damn much of that Michael Buble Christmas album.

I feel for you. I personally find Michael Buble to a cheap imitation of the great vocalists of the 40s and 50s.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I can't start before Thanksgiving. Otherwise I'm just tired of the same dozen+ most popular songs that get lots of plays before Christmas even hits.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular

I always wanted a pair of Doc Martens and I never got them.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132