As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    That giant ravine idea sounds dope.

I was always partial to the underwater city idea.

Spawn is in a bubble, the server community starts building Atlantis

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    underwater sounds neat until I remember how bad underwater visibility is in minecraft and how much of a pain it is to make air bubbles and dealing with invisible underwater current blocks

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Water currents in large bodies is mostly fixed now. So long as you don't dig a pit down it'll work itself out.

There's also some good enchants now that fix water visibility, mining, and air time. If we had a shop for sponges and prismarine I could see us making some rocking underwater structures.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    We had talked about doing a Ravnica (Magic the Gathering) build, which really could have been an entire world if done right.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I did like the idea of at least a "loose" interpretation of Ravnica that was all streets and tall buildings that had raised walkways between them.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    That giant ravine idea sounds dope.

I was always partial to the underwater city idea.

Spawn is in a bubble, the server community starts building Atlantis

I always liked the ravine idea too

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I do like the ravine idea. Spawn's undercity had shades of that, with buildings built into the rock and wooden boardwalks. There'd probably be room for some Petra style buildings.

• Options
    Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    We should have just combined all the ideas and put a ravine city in a dome underwater.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Underwater sounds awful, ravine sounds rad.

• Options
    as I discovered one map we did, the ravine idea sounds cool until you try to form the giant ravine by hand
    you have to move a loooooot of blooooooocks
    if the ravine already existed due to interesting world gen parameters that would make it a lot more doable

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    It's not so bad once you have powertools and a beacon, though.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    as I discovered one map we did, the ravine idea sounds cool until you try to form the giant ravine by hand
    you have to move a loooooot of blooooooocks
    if the ravine already existed due to interesting world gen parameters that would make it a lot more doable

I wonder how hard that'd be to set up a world gen to do it.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    So what has everyone being doing to get thier Minecraft fix?

I was doing 7 Days to Die but, after watching the AH crew attempt PC SkyFactory, i downloaded it and saw 48 hours of my life just disappear over the weekend.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I was doing 7 Days to Die but, after watching the AH crew attempt PC SkyFactory, i downloaded it and saw 48 hours of my life just disappear over the weekend.

We've been talking about that in the G&T thread as a few of us are playing it as well. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Not sure I'd recommend it as someones first foray into modded, but it is pretty interesting.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of single player and fooling around with the custom settings trying to create interesting terrain for theoretical spawntowns.

• Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular

I downloaded the map and haven't left it since. I'm currently working on the catacombs underneath Witherbleak, which is going a lot faster in creative. I showed it to my brother awhile ago. He said it looks like the inside of a spacehulk in WH40K.

I've been adding large rooms with puzzles inside them, and messing around with command blocks. Hopefully one day I can release it here as an adventure map.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    MetaHybrid wrote: »

I downloaded the map and haven't left it since. I'm currently working on the catacombs underneath Witherbleak, which is going a lot faster in creative. I showed it to my brother awhile ago. He said it looks like the inside of a spacehulk in WH40K.

I've been adding large rooms with puzzles inside them, and messing around with command blocks. Hopefully one day I can release it here as an adventure map.

I downloaded the map too but I think i wouldnt be able to go creative on it, it would feel too much like cheating.

• Options
    GlitterkittenGlitterkitten Minion of the Feline Overlords Registered User regular
    I have been working on my map download. More roads! I have been visiting lots of builds I hadn't visited before, mostly to put in waypoints but also to take road building materials.
    @MetaHybrid - I thought you were leaving me a chest accessible!? I have been tempted to destroy the catacombs in an effort to find your loot.

• Options
    Parrots!

• Options
    More birds? Finally! Now we just need ducks and penguins! ...And flamingos.

• Options
    You should be able to combine a block of wool and a parrot to make a stuffed parrot.

• Options
    I've got the minecraft itch again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    what are the good mods or mod packs these days?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Pokecraft is pretty legit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    meh
    I tried downloading the current everything and the kitchen sink FTB modpack but it crashes after 10 minutes of loading mods so I guess not
    I was feeling nostalgic for the old voltz pack, is there anything that feels sort of like that? for like more recent minecraft versions

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I've been playing Sky Factory. I miss the little mining turtles though.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND
    THIS THREAD WON'T DIE
    WHAT IS GOING ON???

Hey so Farming Valley is preeeety cool. Harvest moon in minecraft. The game auto builds some shops and there's NPCs and it's adorbs. I played a little of FTB Beyond and Hermitcraft, yeah I had an itch and watched some Yogscast stuff.

https://mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/254202-farming-valley

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND
    THIS THREAD WON'T DIE
    WHAT IS GOING ON???

Hey so Farming Valley is preeeety cool. Harvest moon in minecraft. The game auto builds some shops and there's NPCs and it's adorbs. I played a little of FTB Beyond and Hermitcraft, yeah I had an itch and watched some Yogscast stuff.

https://mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/254202-farming-valley

I've been watching the yogscast play this mod it makes me miss minecraft so much. I wanna try this mod.

• Options
    Guys, Switch minecraft comes with me when I leave my computer

halp

• Options
    edited June 2017
    oh hey 1.12 released https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/world-color-released\
    Added Glazed Terracotta blocks
    Renamed Hardened Clay to Terracotta
    Added Concrete Powder blocks
    Added Concrete blocks
    Updated base color palette
    Added advancements
    Added recipe book
    Added Knowledge Book item
    Added Parrots
    Added functionality to save toolbars in creative mode
    Added text-to-speech narrator
    Added new sounds for the Note blocks
    Added commands relating to recipes and advancements
    Many minor fixes and changes
    Removed Herobrine

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    The running Herobrine joke is one of my favorite things. <3

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Finally they removed Herobrine, I can play again!

EDIT: I updated but he's still there...

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I really like the recipe book, but it's also annoying a bit? "UGH I already KNEW that, thanks computer." But then I use it to build fences because some things never change.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Except the fence recipe, which is no longer six sticks

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Yall ever try Starbound? Its pretty great in multiplayer.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I only ever played it a bit in single. It was pretty good but Minecraft Server kept tearing my away from it at the time, lol.

Also this, i have been waiting for them to upload this to youtube so i could share it, you guys would get a laugh out of it.

https://youtu.be/5j0o0MqUDG4

Edit: bit of reference: AH crew playing minecraft, on a seafaring adventure, trying to figure out how to navigate with compass and map.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Yall ever try Starbound? Its pretty great in multiplayer.

How do I find a multiplayer server? I want to get that one achievement. Would be willing to die in exchange for the killing.

• Options
    If i understood this E3 Microsoft announcement right, Minecraft is going to be cross play with Consoles, PC, VR, Tablet and Switch.

So...

Thats something.

• Options
    crossplay anything with the PC version is insa-

oh, probably the Win10 version, not the Java version. Carry on.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    That seems like it would open up options for a lot of people, but not me. Also, is it cross compatible with the regular PC version or just the Windows 10 edition?