As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SE++ Minecraft: We're Still Here!

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Oh hey if someone wanted to check out the server how would one go about this

Lemme know your minecraft name and I can get you whitelisted.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Aeyther wrote: »

it is MetzgerMeisterSE :D

• Options

it is MetzgerMeisterSE :D

Added!

• Options
    Also just an FYI for anyone else who wants to get added, please feel free to ping me or DM me if you want a faster response. I don't always check the forums every day so it might take a day or two to get added otherwise.

• Options
    Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
    Does anyone (especially blue) have plans for the first dragon kill on the new map?

That's the next step to open up e.g. purpur and end stone blocks (and eventually shulker boxes!). We could probably set up a time for some people to get together and shoot some arrows at it, unless there's a special event coming up.

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I dont have plans because ive been so busy with aesthetics and life im still in normal iron gear lol

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    I can be ready for The End sometime this week. I just need to create a few bows.

Does anyone have a spider farm setup for string?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Kitharsis wrote: »
    I can be ready for The End sometime this week. I just need to create a few bows.

Does anyone have a spider farm setup for string?

Under grove there is one.

• Options
    Awesome, thank you!

I left a gift.

Also, I wanted to make a note here that I have a very well stocked trading hall setup in the woods.

Take the nether portal for Kitharis's Cabin. Then cross the bridge over the river, and the path will take you right to it.

Be careful. The floor is a layer of glass over lava. I need to maybe rethink, but I like the effect.

Right now, I've been using my iron farm for iron, to trade for emeralds. So, you may need to bring some emeralds along. Half of the first floor, and all of the second are librarians that have max level enchants. Efficiency V, Unbreaking III, Protection IV, etc. You can buy a silk touch pickaxe, then enchant with efficiency and unbreaking and have a pretty sweet tool for a stack and a half of emeralds and a few books.

Don't mind the abomination in the sky.

• Options
    How much for Eff 5? I'm still looking for that one at Dead Man's Reach! (We have Eff 4 but it's still a little pricey at the moment.)

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    I've made three Dragonslayer bows for if/when we fight the Enderdragon (Infinity, Flame, Unbreaking III, Power V). Anything else we would need? I have plenty of potion-making supplies in the basement of Petra Saloon so I can make specific potions that would be helpful. Other than that I can stock up on emeralds for buying armor and weapons from Dead Man's Reach and Kith's trading post.

• Options
    Looks like we have Efficiency V for 27 Emeralds and a Book. I got pretty lucky on that roll. Haven't done any zombifying or anything either.

• Options
    E5 for 27 is incredible - I'll be by to grab some this week for sure!

• Options
    Having visited Kith's setup I can confirm that it is awesome.

Expect this to change over time of course, but here's the current state of "gearing up" if that's what you are interested in:

- Kith has probably the lowest prices on almost everything (including stuff like Mending, Depth Strider 3, Resp 3, Eff 5, etc.). He's also got the basic smiths for purchasing the starter diamond picks, weapons, etc.
    - Dead Man's Reach does have cheaper Sharp 5 and Power 5 right now, and our Unbreaking 3 is about half the price of Kith's. Make sure to visit the prisons underneath the town as that is where all the good librarians and smiths end up.
    - For making emeralds (to buy stuff), Dead Man's Reach is currently the place to go - you can chop down cane to make paper for librarians, pumpkins and melons for the farmers, and tons of sugarberries for the butchers. (And then spend them either at Reach or at Kith's, depending on what you need!).

• Options
    Thanks Vrta!

There are still a few enchants I need to get. Like silk touch... But I tried to stock up pretty well.

And yeah, making emeralds you're way better off at Dead Man's Reach. I need to setup an end chest, so you won't have to carry your precious gems across the nether. Or if anyone would like to donate one that would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone has ideas for a roof on this monstrosity of a "log cabin" I'm all ears.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hey everyone,

I going to try to find time to move the server to another machine this weekend. I'll try to aim for a time that less people are online, but the server will be down for a bit while I move it to over.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Glitterwitch has a librarian selling Punch 1 books, which is one of the few enchants missing from both Vrtra's and Kith's places. Two Punch 1 books can be combined for Punch 2 for making an ultimate bow with all the enchantments. You can reach her place by the one pretty road in the nether; you'll know which one when you see it.

• Options
    Speaking of pretty roads, can't wait to see the new black stone brick / basalt nether roads we'll be able to build.

• Options
    Speaking of the Nether, whenever the next update happens, will we get a warning before the Nether gets switched so we can do some last minute glowstone mining/mushroom picking/other stuff salvaging?

• Options
    Anyone potentially interested in tackling that pesky end dragon this weekend? Maybe Saturday at 11:30pm EST / 8:30pm PST?

(No idea if this time is convenient or obnoxious, just tossing ideas out there!)

• Options
    It would have to be earlier for me because I need to be up at 6 AM EST for work. 6 PM EST would probably be better though I can't absolutely guarantee that I would be back home from work by then.

(Anytime Tuesday would be best for me but I don't know how that would work for other people.)

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Use to play with you guys years ago nice to see its still chugging along. My 5 year old got into minecraft and has re-upped my lust for the game after playing solo for awhile looking to get back into a community thing. Currently playing on Xbox any chance the server works cross platform ? IF not no big deal will have to buy minecraft for pc again as for some reason even mojang cant recover my old account.
    Pic for street cred from 2012 Frost Legion Represent.
    f7y6s8nvvfgk.jpg

Lubony on
    No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Speaking of the Nether, whenever the next update happens, will we get a warning before the Nether gets switched so we can do some last minute glowstone mining/mushroom picking/other stuff salvaging?

There will be a warning about the replacement of the nether. It will probably be a short while after the official release while papermc releases an update, so there won't be a surprise major update.
    Lubony wrote: »
    Use to play with you guys years ago nice to see its still chugging along. My 5 year old got into minecraft and has re-upped my lust for the game after playing solo for awhile looking to get back into a community thing. Currently playing on Xbox any chance the server works cross platform ? IF not no big deal will have to buy minecraft for pc again as for some reason even mojang cant recover my old account.

No cross-play between Java version and the console/bedrock versions atm unforunately. If you do pickup another java account feel free to ping me to get added.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    @Aeyther g'head and whitelist me, please. don't know when i could be back --i'm in the wrong country in a household of Apple-- but having the option will be nice.
    _Pooka_

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »
    @Aeyther g'head and whitelist me, please. don't know when i could be back --i'm in the wrong country in a household of Apple-- but having the option will be nice.
    _Pooka_

Added!

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    pmed you @Aeyther

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Lubony wrote: »
    pmed you @Aeyther

Added!

• Options
    Sounds like one vote for Tuesday @6:30pm / 9:30pm ? (That time works for me as well.)

• Options
    Sounds good to me. You have my four bows! (One's for me - any other three people can get one of the others and an arrow.)

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I can't find a minecraft thread in the games and tech area so I was hoping I could ask my question here.

My friends want to start up a modded server and we all have the java version but the friend that is actually trying to set everything up is having a lot of trouble figuring stuff out and finding a guide to do so.

Does anyone know of a good guide we can use to get up and running?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I can't find a minecraft thread in the games and tech area so I was hoping I could ask my question here.

My friends want to start up a modded server and we all have the java version but the friend that is actually trying to set everything up is having a lot of trouble figuring stuff out and finding a guide to do so.

What kind of modded server is your friend trying to run? Any specific issues?

• Options

We are still deciding on mods but the main issue is he is unsure how to actually run a server for the group with mods on it. He is pretty sure he needs to rent a server or something but can't find the info he needs on setting the server itself up.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options

We are still deciding on mods but the main issue is he is unsure how to actually run a server for the group with mods on it. He is pretty sure he needs to rent a server or something but can't find the info he needs on setting the server itself up.

I've only ever done self-hosted so if they are wanting to rent a host, it will greatly depend on whatever host provider they use. I know some provide dashboards to install/setup things, while others basically just give you a virtual machine with X resources and tell you gl;hf.

In terms of self-hosting, I've used paper's documentation here: https://paper.readthedocs.io/en/latest/server/getting-started.html along with just watching some youtube videos I found while googling.

• Options

I've only ever done self-hosted so if they are wanting to rent a host, it will greatly depend on whatever host provider they use. I know some provide dashboards to install/setup things, while others basically just give you a virtual machine with X resources and tell you gl;hf.

In terms of self-hosting, I've used paper's documentation here: https://paper.readthedocs.io/en/latest/server/getting-started.html along with just watching some youtube videos I found while googling.

I'll send him the link so he can look it over and hopefully we can get something running.

I appreciate the help, thank you!

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I've made some preparations for the Enderdragon battle.

There is a tunnel dug from the sea to the End portal. In the tunnel are two beds, an enderchest, and some chests. The chests contain supplies for the battle:

Food: nine stacks of melon slices and nine stacks of carrots
    Weapons: The three Dragonslayer bows (Infinity, Power V, Flame, Unbreaking III) available to anyone who wants them, a few arrows (including six Spectral Arrows)
    Armor: Three pairs of diamond Unbreaking III Protection III pants, for anyone who wants some extra defense/fancy feeling
    Potions: Potions of Slow Falling, Potions of Healing II, Potions of Regeneration (II and Extended), splash potions of Healing and Regeneration, a few potions of Speed (extended) and Strength
    Other: Six water buckets (for dealing with endermen), extra enderchest for the End side, a few stacks of stone for path-making, a few other odds and ends

Bring anything else you think might be useful (especially more stone for after the battle) and I hope to see you tonight!

Edit: Also got some glass bottles for trying to catch dragon's breath and extra picks if people don't want to risk their own.

Mayabird on
  • Options
    I, unfortunately, won't be able to join in the dragon fight. I might be able to hop on later to join in some end exploring though! Good Luck all!

• Options

I'll send him the link so he can look it over and hopefully we can get something running.

I appreciate the help, thank you!

I linked this in another comment, but forgot to hit post reply.

I follow this subreddit as well, has some good info that might help: https://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/

• Options
    Bah... although I was hopeful for tonight, had an issue at work and won't be able to get on.

(For me it's looking like I might need to wait til weekend, maybe during the day or something... but if enough people do get on don't hesitate to do it without me!)

• Options
    Only had a couple people on so we didn't do the enderdragon battle. Just doesn't seem right without a big group ready to go.

Reschedule for Saturday? 6:30 E/3:30 P?

• Options
    Hey, don't be like me.

And hop on the server and make a bee-line for The End.

I'm glad Mayabird was around to let me know the dragon still lives!

Anyway, I added to our armor preparation. I filled out our armor stash, so we have 3 full sets of enchanted diamond armor ready for dragon slayers. A small contribution compared to all of Mayabird's work. We're pretty well stocked for the battle.

I can't be available until around 8:30pm EST most nights, including weekends. Don't schedule around me, but just wanted to put that out there.