As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's punch people in the [Character Action Game] thread!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That looks really cool!

Let's hope it's more Transformers Devastation and less The Legend of Korra

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Did you actually play Legend of Korra?

Because I see people say that constantly and it makes me sad because I really like that game. It was pretty much perfect for a 15 dollar Platinum title.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Yes

It was shit

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I thought it was a good little game

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Phew someone else liked it

now I can sleep tonight

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I liked it.

It makes me sad that it's garnered a bad rep, because that makes me think Nick is less likely to think of having another Platinum Avatar made in the future. Which is a shame, because that setting and an actual budget could make something really good.

• Options
    Doesn't Nick currently own the Turtles though?

If this game is good, maybe Korra will just be seen as "the bad Platinum game" and they may give it another go, with a proper budget this time

• Options
    Man, I hope so.

I thought the core gameplay was solid (not Bayonetta awesome, but strong), so the time and money needed to make a proper roster of enemies and stages would be great.

Maybe even set it in the Aang era, I dunno. The comics show that his adventures were far from over after Ozai anyway.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't see them bothering with another Korra game since the show is over

If anything I could see Transformers getting a sequel before Korra would

edit: Besides, if there's a god the next thing they'll do after TMNT is Spider-Man

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    The brand itself is still a thing, so maybe. All speculation, really.

Speaking of Bayonetta, I unlocked the Platinum Ticket in Bayo 2, and oh god is that a hard fight. I'm not even sure quite how to approach him after he pops his devil trigger.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    That looks really cool!

For some reason I had pegged Transformers as a not UV game. You enjoyed it? It's kinda obtuse at times with its mechanics, thought that wasn't your thing.

(I'm just surprised, I don't mean anything by it)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    {0}

Enlong on
  • Options
    That looks really cool!

For some reason I had pegged Transformers as a not UV game. You enjoyed it? It's kinda obtuse at times with its mechanics, thought that wasn't your thing.

(I'm just surprised, I don't mean anything by it)

I rented it and enjoyed the mechanics a bunch

I didn't keep playing it, because I hate Transformers so much that even applying Bayonetta's mechanics to it can't get me to enjoy it

But the underlying game felt super solid

• Options
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man, Platinum sure is busy these days.

• Options
    It's not a leak if it's official

• Options
    It's a joke

Because everything we've seen about the game has been a leak. We got an esrb rating, the achievement list, and screenshots before the game was even officially announced.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Man, Platinum sure is busy these days.

*starts dancing*

sorry

*cough*

don't know what came over me there

*starts dancing again*

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fucking xbox

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It's coming for all platforms

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    OK awesome!

• Options
    Three platforms.

• Options
    That looks so good!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the ninja turtles are pretty fucking cool you guys

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Who gave the warthog a chainsaw

Seriously, who did it

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    He bought it from Bob's Chainsaws and Sofas. He had a coupon for a discount.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes! I finally beat/unlocked Rodin in Bayonetta 2 today! Thank you, Rosa. Thank you, Bracelet of Time.

The Rodin weapon is neat. Not as fluid as any other weapon, but it's fun to mess around with. I'll probably go back to Chernabog soon, though.

Edit: holy crap. All of the Rodin weapon's attacks, barring the staff drain spell, appear to have the same properties as a Wicked Weave, meaning I can keep interrupting all those annoying enemies who love to block attacks.

Enlong on
  • Options
  • Options
    Was that manually-activated Ninja Time?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Turtle Time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that definitely looks like a b-tier platinum game

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yes! I finally beat/unlocked Rodin in Bayonetta 2 today! Thank you, Rosa. Thank you, Bracelet of Time.

The Rodin weapon is neat. Not as fluid as any other weapon, but it's fun to mess around with. I'll probably go back to Chernabog soon, though.

Edit: holy crap. All of the Rodin weapon's attacks, barring the staff drain spell, appear to have the same properties as a Wicked Weave, meaning I can keep interrupting all those annoying enemies who love to block attacks.

Beating Bayo 2 Rodin is the best feeling because that fight is kinda bullshit. It's really rough.

I remember using Rosa and the mech earrings and screaming "fuuuuuuck you!" during the rapid fire combo finisher it has.

I beat him on literally the last shot of that combo. Then I just laid down on the living room floor and said "thank god. It's over."

• Options
    that definitely looks like a b-tier platinum game

Sure, but so did transformers, and it has the best combat engine they've ever made.

You can't tell.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

Beating Bayo 2 Rodin is the best feeling because that fight is kinda bullshit. It's really rough.

I remember using Rosa and the mech earrings and screaming "fuuuuuuck you!" during the rapid fire combo finisher it has.

I beat him on literally the last shot of that combo. Then I just laid down on the living room floor and said "thank god. It's over."

Yeah. Sounds about right.

Rosa doesn't actually need the earrings. The Armor is her default Umbran Climax.

• Options
    That reminds me, have I shown you guys this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE8BRxMe_Xc

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Yeah. Sounds about right.

Rosa doesn't actually need the earrings. The Armor is her default Umbran Climax.

That's right I forgot about that. I just remembered using the armor to beat him and barely doing so. So I just thought i must have been using them. If not, then I have no idea what I used.

• Options
    So I didn't know where else to post this and it's not really big enough news for it's own thread, but apparently Johnny Yong Bosch uploaded a picture of himself doing mocap with Reuben Langdon. Said photo has been removed.

DMC5? :)

*TyCart*_banner.jpg