Options

[MLB]Slow and the Serious: Tokyo Draft

• Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    i kinda wish i had gone into the city to watch the game so i could flip some cars and start some fires

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    What a crazy series, doesn't feel as bad getting eliminated by the one man Bum-saw.

See what I did there? Eh?

On a more serious note, people shooting each other ... in celebration? What?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    excited for some free agency

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Woke up this morning and my first thought was, "I can't believe he didn't send Gordon home..."

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    My first thought was, fuck I want some coffee.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    My first thought was this is the worst dynasty I've ever seen

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like we got robbed of what could have been the best game 7 ever played. He sends Gordon, the game goes into extras and it becomes legendary.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I feel like we got robbed of what could have been the best game 7 ever played. He sends Gordon, the game goes into extras and it becomes legendary.
    Maybe.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    But is MadBum "Elite" compared to Chris Sale

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    If that game went into extra innings, MadBum would probably have kept pitching until his arm fell off.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    mcp wrote: »
    Maybe.

It would have been close and it would have needed to be a perfect throw to get him out. Either way, it makes for a better game if he runs. Instead we got a popup on a terrible pitch to end the game.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Today's Chronicle has the Dynasty on the cover and YES! YES! YES! on the Sporting Green. I bought 12 copies.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't even care about all the dynasty nonsense people have been spewing on television all morning. Are we? Aren't we? Who cares? We won 3 in 5. It's good and I'm happy for the team and the city. We've been spoiled.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I don't even care about all the dynasty nonsense people have been spewing on television all morning. Are we? Aren't we? Who cares? We won 3 in 5. It's good and I'm happy for the team and the city. We've been spoiled.

Yeah man, three out of five is pretty damned impressive. Especially considering what the Dodgers have been doing with their money.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    You guys

A-Rod was reactivated today

I've....I've actually missed him.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    You guys

Maybe if we're lucky, he'll announce that this year is his last, and the Yankees will do another year-long retirement tour, only this time absolutely nobody will give a shit.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    He can receive a unique bag of freshly made poo at each stadium he visits.

• Options
  • Options

Not gonna lie. I started to tear up just a little reading his text message.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i wish the idiots who tore up the Mission and even North Beach would take some inspiration from DadBum.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Damn, that's a good dad. Tons of respect for the Bumgarner clan.

• Options
    Damn, that's a good dad. Tons of respect for the Bumgarner clan.

I want a picture of DadBum slyly smirking at the camera

• Options
    Kevin Youkilis has announced his retirement

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    congrats Boch ring #4
    ptomlhx9c6zt.jpg

Hall of Fame? or Hall of Famest?

jwalk on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Hall of Managers Shouldn't Even Be In The Hall

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    A lot of debate about whether or not Gordon would have made it.

I think it would have been out if the throw was dead on, and a play if the throw was off.

I still would have sent him 100 times out of 100

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Hall of Managers Shouldn't Even Be In The Hall

heh

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
  • Options
    I just hope the Giants are able to develop a few more starters in the next year or two because I'd rather not see MadBum's arm fall off of his body before he's 27 years old.

• Options
    ok yeah downtown SF is kind of a shitshow right now. like, a peaceful, everyone-having-fun shitshow, but a shitshow nonetheless.

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Delightfully sacrilegious!

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Here's the thing. You make them make a play. Gordon has it easy, he just has to run from point a to point b.

Giants have to catch, transfer throw, catch get the glove down and make a tag.

So many possibilities in there for a mistake.

• Options
    ok yeah downtown SF is kind of a shitshow right now. like, a peaceful, everyone-having-fun shitshow, but a shitshow nonetheless.

I am really dreading getting out of my nice cozy office in 3 hours. With the pouring rain and and all of the god damn people having fun. It's gonna suck.

• Options

I am really dreading getting out of my nice cozy office in 3 hours. With the pouring rain and and all of the god damn people having fun. It's gonna suck.

at least half of these folks are going to be headed straight to the Mission or North Beach for Halloween pub crawls it's going to suck haaaaaarrrrrd.

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    You guys

Maybe if we're lucky, he'll announce that this year is his last, and the Yankees will do another year-long retirement tour, only this time absolutely nobody will give a shit.

OH MY GOD YES!

I seriously hope that happens. Like the Yankees will be torn by their rapacious greed as an organization with their near sycophantic need for ceremony and absolutely hating the shit out of A-Rod.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I didn't know greed was an exclusive trait for a sports team

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

at least half of these folks are going to be headed straight to the Mission or North Beach for Halloween pub crawls it's going to suck haaaaaarrrrrd.

I'm expecting a party extending from Castro all the way down Market, and blobbing out over the Mission.

aTBDrQE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.