As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread:

Contact paper

CalicaCalica Registered User regular
I work in a cubicle, and I'd like to cover my desktop with something less soulless. I Googled things like "contact paper" "how to remove contact paper" "easily removable contact paper" etc. It seems like there are at least two kinds of contact paper - one kind that needs heat and solvents to remove, and one kind that peels off easily (or at least claims to), with no keywords that distinguish between the two. I also get the impression that people use the terms "contact paper" "shelf liner" and "vinyl decals" interchangeably. I'm looking for something that's easily removable after months or years, won't leave residue, and is inexpensive. I'm not sure if that combination actually exists, mind you :)

The desktops (tabletops, really) are made of some kind of composite which I assume is plastic... it's not wood, at any rate.


  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Anything that's "Cont-tact" brand is not going anywhere for 100 years.

    "Vinyl decals" may be OK. Stuff like this: . Though those designs may not be to your liking.

  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Good to know, thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.