As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Toledo War, A History Lesson by [chat]nus

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tho best training for rock climbing is climbing rocks

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Also I got offered a gig in the college that's a rival to the college I went to and work in

That'll be fun

buy like seven jumpers from your college and wear them all to the gig

I've got two class hoodies, one from the year I was supposed to graduate and one from the year I actually graduated.

• Options
    who wants to get freaked out by a guy free soloing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_rh8Qugt0

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So It Goes wrote: »
    who wants to get freaked out by a guy free soloing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_rh8Qugt0

I DONT

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    no ropes no problem!

oh alex you so crazy

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1P97VVt6_k

here is some guys using ropes climbing the hardest thingy in the world

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i legit panicked last night when i fell like 40 blocks in minecraft on riemann's server

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Ha ha your name is butt

Many moons ago, when Chanus was being a butt I told him to stop being a Chanus and be more of a Chanus.

Oh Chanus-chan

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I've had a lot of students come up to me and ask me if I am the TA/my name recently.

I am like, I had to stand up in front of the class and give a speech on who I was and also I am up in front every day fixing things and I am wearing the exact same clothing even! It should not be this hard to remember me!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    tho best training for rock climbing is climbing rocks

agreed

training before you're strong actually can lead to quick injury

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    what even

that is way too early. It's not even October yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNRcg5NRaXs

From :08 to :18 ... I think... I think she's threatening my family.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've had a lot of students come up to me and ask me if I am the TA/my name recently.

I am like, I had to stand up in front of the class and give a speech on who I was and also I am up in front every day fixing things and I am wearing the exact same clothing even! It should not be this hard to remember me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-0dFvTyI8

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

people at my work have several times over the last couple of years asked my name, who I am, if I'm my own brother (I don't have a brother)

people be weird

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    skippy said a thing in the last [chat]
    Politicians love to tout the importance of science, technology, engineering and math majors. But when it comes to earnings, the “S” majors don’t really belong with the “TEM” ones. Engineering majors are nearly all high-paying. So are most computer and math majors, and math-heavy sciences like astrophysics.3 But many sciences, particularly the life sciences, pay below the overall median for recent college graduates. Students who major in neuroscience, meteorology, biology and ecology all stand to make $35,000 or less — and that’s if they can get a full-time job, which many can’t. Zoology ranks as one of the lowest-paying majors of any category, with a median full-time wage of $26,000 a year.

If we're going to start assessing STEM in terms of salaries, let's go to the full list.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Like it is cold in that class and I have one pair of jeans I usually wear so it's like

I dunno. How many other girls in jeans and orange hoodies are helping the professor when I'm not looking?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    lXhA2LW.jpg?1

red velvet corn dogs

red velvet corn dogs

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

people at my work have several times over the last couple of years asked my name, who I am, if I'm my own brother (I don't have a brother)

people be weird

if u have no brother how can ppl ask u if u r ur own brother

if ppl dont know you how can they know you have no brother 2 ask u if u r ur own brother

how deep does the rabbit hole goooooooo

919UOwT.png
  • Options

This is not uncommon.

Many students are not attentive, at all.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Politicians love to tout the importance of science, technology, engineering and math majors. But when it comes to earnings, the “S” majors don’t really belong with the “TEM” ones. Engineering majors are nearly all high-paying. So are most computer and math majors, and math-heavy sciences like astrophysics.3 But many sciences, particularly the life sciences, pay below the overall median for recent college graduates. Students who major in neuroscience, meteorology, biology and ecology all stand to make $35,000 or less — and that’s if they can get a full-time job, which many can’t. Zoology ranks as one of the lowest-paying majors of any category, with a median full-time wage of $26,000 a year.

If we're going to start assessing STEM in terms of salaries, let's go to the full list.

I'm not sure what position you are taking by linking to this list

• Options

it's alpha sorted it tells me nothing!

• Options

That's a pretty mean song. Fuck those two, whoever they are.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

This is not uncommon.

Many students are not present, at all.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Japan and or Bobcesca could I get one of you guys to countersign my passport application? I had asked another IRL buddy but he's not really a Professional In Good Standing With The Community as much as he is a barista. I figure you guys are pro, with your glasses and lanyards and such?

Wait, what? This is a thing you have to do?

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

how are you not aware of garfunkel and oates

and also ok, i'm not really going to argue against that even though i disagree

• Options

people be weird

Peopleeeee *shakes fist*

It isn't even fun. At least when my ex's grandma didn't recognize me I got to laugh while she tried to talk to my ex about her ex boyfriend.

• Options

This is not uncommon.

Many students are not attentive, at all.

Oh for sure, but I feel like I always knew TAs, especially if they were constantly helping professors or introduced themselves.

• Options

how are you not aware of garfunkel and oates

and also ok, i'm not really going to argue against that even though i disagree

I GUESS I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO REMEMBER. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN UNREMARKABLE OR SOMETHING

• Options
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Undergrads tho

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    lXhA2LW.jpg?1

red velvet corn dogs

red velvet corn dogs

im kinda freaking out here

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options

"Students who major in neuroscience, meteorology, biology and ecology all stand to make $35,000 or less — and that’s if they can get a full-time job, which many can’t."

Philosophy: $39,900.00

• Options
    is there ketchup in between the cake and the hot dog?

• Options
    I want red velvet cake.

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    We just got canvassed by the "Citizens Action Coalition". They're basically a grassroots-y pro-consumer group that focuses on utilities (mostly electric) in, in this case, Indiana. We're basically fucking horrible, as a state, about anything regarding electric, coal, or considering the environment.

It was like seeing a fucking unicorn. A non-conservative org canvassing in this area results in me looking around going "where am I? Did someone move my house?" I'm waiting to see the poor girl running down the street with some asshole "rollin' coal" at her.

• Options
    Geth knows what I mean.

• Options

"Students who major in neuroscience, meteorology, biology and ecology all stand to make $35,000 or less — and that’s if they can get a full-time job, which many can’t."

Philosophy: $39,900.00

I cannot conceive of confounds here.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I just took a nap.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hmmm this has been kind of a bummer. i wasn't lied to but it sounds like the promotion progress is much more slow (and uncertain) than i expected.

*watches hoped-for dollars slip between fingers*

• Options

Isn't that girl with the black hair that girl from BBT who dated Raj?

It Is!

She is now cuterer.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

people be weird

if u have no brother how can ppl ask u if u r ur own brother

if ppl dont know you how can they know you have no brother 2 ask u if u r ur own brother

how deep does the rabbit hole goooooooo

'are you john's brother?'

no, I'm john

these aren't all the same people. many of them are very old.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.