Options

[TV]I want a Sandwich, I Make a Sandwich, I Eat the Sandwich

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Naveen Andrews was really terrific casting for Jafar, but I felt that the character overall wasn't written that well and in particular had a pretty shoddy backstory.

I have not seen Frozen yet either, and it suddenly occurred to me yesterday to see if it was playing on any movie channels, which apparently it is not. I did kind of want to watch it first, but on the other hand it might actually be interesting to see how things play out on Once before really becoming familiar with the source material.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Simpsons premiere spoilers:
    How many times has Krusty quit in this show? Please stop going to that well, it's dry.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    We're 90 seconds in and I did not realize how badly I missed Brooklyn Nine-Nine

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Who dies? Was it the obvious person they've been speculating on?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Naveen Andrews was really terrific casting for Jafar, but I felt that the character overall wasn't written that well and in particular had a pretty shoddy backstory.

I have not seen Frozen yet either, and it suddenly occurred to me yesterday to see if it was playing on any movie channels, which apparently it is not. I did kind of want to watch it first, but on the other hand it might actually be interesting to see how things play out on Once before really becoming familiar with the source material.

emma-stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bgod.gif

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Act surprised when it's Krusty's dad, because it's Krusty's dad

It was Krusty's dad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

emma-stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bgod.gif

Emma Stone, why must you be so right?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Brooklyn 9-9
    I was really hoping Jake being undercover would be a continuing thing and not just have it all happen in the off-season

• Options
    Maybe I spoke too soon

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Act surprised when it's Krusty's dad, because it's Krusty's dad

It was Krusty's dad

Shocked Face

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Brooklyn 9-9
    I was really hoping Jake being undercover would be a continuing thing and not just have it all happen in the off-season
    I kinda figured it was going to be a between-seasons thing based on the timing they gave in the last episode of 6 months or so. Hopefully it extends past this episode though!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Here's a spoiler: it will be shitty

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Rachel told me "I heard the new season of Once Upon A Time is really bad."

And I was like "Rachel, I have a spoiler for you: Once Upon A Time was always really bad."

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I caught some of Once Upon A Time while I was in a sandwich shop or something, I could not believe it existed and people watched it.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    Man, I love Jerry's family on Parks & Rec.

Also Ben's continued befuddlement as to how Jerry is married to his wife.

• Options
    Andre Braugher's delivery on "antique globes" was amazing.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I died at Holt's delivery of "you brought my smile back"

I missed Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    OH MY GOD HANNIBAL

"I'm full of myself!"

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    OH MY GOD HANNIBAL

"I'm full of myself!"

Yeah, that was the second moment I was thinking of from the previous thread.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Anyway, the last episode is going to be sunshine and rainbows!

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    OH MY GOD HANNIBAL

"I'm full of myself!"

Yeah, that was the second moment I was thinking of from the previous thread.

It says something about the show that there were like six bits in that season that I thought maybe could have been 'the second moment'.

• Options
    OK at the end of the ouat premier they found mickey's sorceror hat and that at least is a good kind of dumb

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    OK at the end of the ouat premier they found mickey's sorceror hat and that at least is a good kind of dumb

Oh my god what

• Options

Oh my god what

Rumplestilskin, the only good character on the show, found the fantasia hat and I was like oh my god ok this is the sleepy hollow stupid I'm looking for.

All the frozen stuff is terrible though and also is actually frozen 2 because it just starts right after the movie's plot

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

i'm so happy

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Oh my god what

Rumplestilskin, the only good character on the show, found the fantasia hat and I was like oh my god ok this is the sleepy hollow stupid I'm looking for.

All the frozen stuff is terrible though and also is actually frozen 2 because it just starts right after the movie's plot

I find this extremely upsetting for some reason

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's technically not Mickey's hat, but Yen Sid's. Mickey's master.

Probably Disney's biggest of guns.

sig.gif
  • Options
    the frozen stuff was always going to be terrible so whatever

yen sid's hat, though, is a sign that at this point they're just going to say FUCK IT and bring it whatever disney thing they want which is incredible

let's get some cg lions in this piece

• Options
    bring mickey mouse in! FUCK IT

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Call me when Tron shit is in Once Upon A Time and then I'll be stoked

That or Jeremy Irons reprising his role as Scar

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    is that...cloud strife???????

• Options
    did you guys know that their big reveal in their neverland story arc was that peter pan was actually rumpelstiltskin's father

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    did you guys know that their big reveal in their neverland story arc was that peter pan was actually rumpelstiltskin's father

Never has the "pop?" button been so apt.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    In case you were on the fence about diving into Sleepy Hollow, this is the description of tomorrow night's episode:

“Ichabod and Abbie hatch a desperate plan to rescue Katrina from the Headless Horseman that involves a Frankenstein-type monster created by Benjamin Franklin.”

I mean come on.

Also, here is my requisite request that you all start watching the goddamn Knick goddammit

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    before Episode 7 I would have told people that The Knick is a very well-made curiosity

after Episode 7 it is goddamn mandatory viewing

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I think I'm definitely going to start watching Sleepy Hollow

It sounds like exactly the kind of show I want, and on top of that it fits well with the kind of media I want to watch in October, which is stuff that's thematically spooky but not scary

• Options
    franklinstein, you say

• Options
    franklinstein, you say

Goddamnit

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014

Despite that (and it was tiresome), Pan overall was one of the better twists on a well-known character.

So yeah, watched the premiere and it was pretty dumb and there was a giant snow monster that looked like it was claymation half the time. Didn't even realize that was the Fantasia hat. I will of course be watching next week.

In other news, the couch gag on The Simpsons was gloriously bizarre.

And I thought the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover was actually pretty fun.

kaceyp on
This discussion has been closed.