As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southern Harmony and [chat] Companion

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I keep meaning to rewatch True Detective. Hell, I made the thread.

But even while watching it 2-3 times a week while it was airing, I feel like the expectations and fan theories really stifled my enjoyment of it. By the end I was expecting a different show than that which was aired and that's unfair to the show, and to my feelings toward it.

I want to watch it with the zeitgeist died down and see what I actually think of it.

Try my strategy. Get drunk and post my opinions in chat as I marathon the show.

To be honest I was...uh...under the influence for most of it. I'd actually like to watch it stone sober. But I will absolutely post opinions in chat!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    hmm I could get halal for lunch tomorrow

there's a dude who does tikka masala not far from my office

he's cute too : 3

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    nicotine addiction is just a flat circle man

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

But even while watching it 2-3 times a week while it was airing, I feel like the expectations and fan theories really stifled my enjoyment of it. By the end I was expecting a different show than that which was aired and that's unfair to the show, and to my feelings toward it.

I want to watch it with the zeitgeist died down and see what I actually think of it.

To be honest I was...uh...under the influence for most of it. I'd actually like to watch it stone sober. But I will absolutely post opinions in chat!

I really think it's one of those things where you'd miss something watching it under the influence. Not plot critical but just some of the atmosphere.

• Options
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    BF got us tickets to see Rocky Horror

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

are you gonna dress up when you go as is tradition?

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I really think it's one of those things where you'd miss something watching it under the influence. Not plot critical but just some of the atmosphere.

Yeah I mean, I DID end up watching all of it sober.

Like I said, I was watching each ep 2-3 times a week.

But if I'm gonna rewatch I will likely do it sober.

Not that anyone is waiting on my definitive opinion, I just have so many conflicting feelings about the show overall.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Have you been before?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    NgSd5hyl.png

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    just remember that if you're a virgin and you wuss out and don't go up when they call the virgins you bring shame on your entire family

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Also I love the shit out of Shane. It may be one of my favorite movies of all time.

• Options
    i've never been to rocky horror and it sounds awful

like cramming all all of undergrads musical theater experiences into a single nightmarish viewing

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    SKIPPY NOOOO

HE HAD KIDS

I WILL AVENGE YEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9G-oZECcE4

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    bT9xuL3.jpg?1

• Options
  • Options
    one time I was at a cast party for a play and I walked into a room and a group of musical theater kids were all harmonizing together

it was mortifying

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    these calvin and hobbes things are exquisite

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    holy shit, simon

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    dune is reactionary

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I thought the This Charming Charlie tumblr got shut down for copyright stuff. It would appear not.

Order is dead and anarchy reigns supreme. I shall be stockpiling weapons and canned rainwater, and waiting.

Gim on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I can't log into anything because these three numbers don't work anymore

what the actual fuck is going on. How can they not type on the on-screen keyboard either?!?

I had something similar happen when a keyboard firmware flash (it was a fancy Razer keyboard) went awry. All the keys were messed up and even the on-screen keyboard broke.
    I fixed it by rebooting with no keyboard and then the onscreen worked right. Have you tried that?

Edit: I see it was the drivers.

ha, it might be my razer nostromo sidecar thing!

I'll have to try disconnecting it next time and see if that fixes anything.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    and really, satay? free food and you opt for the goddamn satay?

if it's all a sunk cost already, might as well eat what you like to max utils right?

of all the outward trappings of life, it is food eaten privately that speaks most clearly

intertemporal substitution and comparative advantage tho

no doubt SIA cooks a damned good satay

but satay can't get much better than street satay

True story. My wife and I went to a high end tasting menu place (the kind of place where the chef comes to your table and presents/explains each dish) and my wife just wasn't enjoying any of the courses. So part way through I said I was going to the bathroom, but I actually asked the waiter if the chef could make her a "really awesome grilled cheese and tomato soup" in place of the cheese plate. It was the best grilled cheese and the best tomato soup either of us ever had in our lives. I don't know if it was worth $250, but it might have been.

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    holy shit, simon

What'd I do this time

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Day 1 of Operation Don't Be Too Fat to Transitiion is now complete.

364 (or less) to go.

I'm hungry.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I've never been before; so it'll be fun =)

I AM SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN .

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the world of dune disdains order, progress, bureaucracy, and laws; appeals to a universal humanity are lies perpetrated by hypocrites and opportunists; only the good emperor can save man from himself. this is fine for worldbuilding but perhaps not for taking it too seriously

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    counterpoint: my name is a killing word

• Options
    I've never been before; so it'll be fun =)

I AM SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN .

It can be fun.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I like the first few dune books quite a bit. Then it just gets too weird for me.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh god, it's halloween soon?

Time to find out if our gate locks.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    the world of dune disdains order, progress, bureaucracy, and laws; appeals to a universal humanity are lies perpetrated by hypocrites and opportunists; only the good emperor can save man from himself. this is fine for worldbuilding but perhaps not for taking it too seriously

You hate fun

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    JeN3boH.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

SF71B7n.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

counter-counter point: it's also fremen for the strength of the balls of the penis.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I love dune redub so much and would pay greatly for the entire thing

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    having to occasionally wash clothes is super uncool

big laundry trying to take our hard currency so when the government takes our guns and investment portfolios we won't be able to melt down nickels for musket shot

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    A national bakery company has started manufacturing bread baked with oatmeal flour.

I assume this is part of an experimental initiative on their part to expand into the budget-tiered bread market. Since oatmeal doesn't typically see use as a flour grain it's cheaper than wheat or rye, which makes their new offerings priced extremely competitively even in comparison to typical store-brand budget breads.

And I gotta say, I really like this bread. For one thing, it's several percent cheaper than even the cheapest established brands. Even more importantly though, is this simple fact:

It actually tastes like bread. It even tastes like really good bread.

It aint easy being a broke motherfucker, but every now and then you can rejoice in these small comforts.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

counter-counter point: it's also fremen for the strength of the balls of the penis.

this reads like there are nodules on your penis

which, of course, is a sign of camel-like resilience in fremen culture

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    having to occasionally wash clothes is super uncool

big laundry trying to take our hard currency so when the government takes our guns and investment portfolios we won't be able to melt down nickels for musket shot

This is completely incoherent but also I agree.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.