As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

so somehow my roommate killed my 360

Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
i do not know what the fuck she did or how she did it, but now it refuses to turn on. what are my options here? i bought it used back in december from ebgames. can i still get some kind of warranty, or anything

Mister Longbaugh on

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    call mircosoft, they'll ask you for the serial number then they'll tell you if it gets repaired for free or not.

Edit: 1-800-4MY-Xbox

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    do they have like a 24 hour line?

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Probably not.

Even though the people who would be handling your call would be in the parts of the world where it would be day right now.

NO IM NOT BITTER

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I dunno. Try that and if a computer responds just say words like "human", "operator", "person", or "help" until it onnects with a real person?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Your roommate probably didn't kill it. You are one of the unlucky ones. Don't blame your roommate.

Also, if you're a guy, you're living in sin. Marry your roommate or move out.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your roommate probably didn't kill it. You are one of the unlucky ones. Don't blame your roommate.

<3

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I thought if it dies due to hardware failure you get the red ring or whatever

Also no man would marry that fugly ass thing.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I hate to even say this, but the cords are still connected to the power brick on both sides, right?

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I thought if it dies due to hardware failure you get the red ring or whatever

Also no man would marry that fugly ass thing.

Then I guess there's only one option, move out before Jesus sees.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Karf wrote: »
    I hate to even say this, but the cords are still connected to the power brick on both sides, right?

yeah. what's happening now is i try to turn it on, i have crackdown in there. it turns on fine, seems ok, but then it gets to the screen that says "game experience may change during online play" and just hangs there. i'll try again in a minute.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I got ALOT of freezing games during Dead Rising before I finally got the 3-Red-Lights, but now that it is "fixed" I just get terrible slow-down during the game. Awsome!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well only one option remains...an eye for an eye..She kills your xbox you kill her.

Yeah, definatley call the help-line.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kill your roommate.

Edit: beat'd

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i think i'll just start pawning whatever crap belongings of hers that i can find, instead.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If MS won't fix it, I'd get $400 from her and buy a new one. After all, it worked for you until she fucked it up.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EskimoAznEskimoAzn Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And then I'd get a less "fugly ass" roomie :)

EskimoAzn on
    "It's because I'm an Asian, isn't it???"
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    so basically am i pissing upwind with calling microsoft, because i bought my 360 used?

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    never hurts to check

the 1 year warranty might still be in effect

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    if it's not, what are my options? can i buy a new warranty on the sly, or something

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i don't know, i guess maybe

also, have you tried unplugging your power supply from the outlet and 360 and reconnecting it

i had to do that with mine once before it could turn on

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ranced wrote: »
    i don't know, i guess maybe

also, have you tried unplugging your power supply from the outlet and 360 and reconnecting it

i had to do that with mine once before it could turn on

i just tried that and crackdown worked for about thirty seconds into gameplay before it locked up

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yea, your 360 is definitely done

call 18004MYXBOX tomorrow and see what's what

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    sigh.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I got my 360 from eBay and they still fixed it for free. Like I said the first thing you shoud do is call Microsoft and ask. If that doesn't work there are other solutions?

Edit: And if it is under warrenty still you might wanna atleast try these first cause it might save you a week or two without an Xbox360. Plus if they don't work and actualy make things worse, its still getting fixed for free right? win, win situation? (or is that lose, lose?)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you ask her exactly what she did, if anything? Maybe try a different game?

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It sounds like you're looking for an excuse to be pissed at your roommate.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Davoid wrote: »

She says she did nothing, but i really don't trust her at all. i have seen her throw and slam the controllers around when she gets upset, slam the 360 around when attempting to move it, and leave it on for 12 hours at a time because she's too lazy to even use the controller to turn it off.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Davoid wrote: »

She says she did nothing, but i really don't trust her at all. i have seen her throw and slam the controllers around when she gets upset, slam the 360 around when attempting to move it, and leave it on for 12 hours at a time because she's too lazy to even use the controller to turn it off.

Yea, that kind of stuff will do it... I know some of the pains of letting people use your stuff when you're not around. I've gone through 3 wii controllers because of people being idiots, nevermind the time I left my guitar out and came back to find a dent in it... But yea, check the disc, hopefully it just might be a scratched game and not a full on hardware failure.

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    hambone wrote: »
    It sounds like you're looking for an excuse to be pissed at your roommate.

i do not need any new excuses to be pissed off at my roommate quite honestly.

Mister Longbaugh on