edited June 2007
    Stick a fork in 'em, imo. Grats Ducks.

Al Simmons on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Al Simmons wrote: »

I knew the second that Alfredsson shot the puck at Niedermayer, it was wrapped up for the Ducks. The Ducks looked flat much of that game, then Alfredsson makes a stupid move that is the equivalent of 10 inspirational speeches thus lighting a fire under the Ducks asses. You could see the Ducks were very hungry the 3rd period.

And on the Senator bench, how many players do you think were wincing and going, "Goddammit, Daniel, what the hell was that?" I know there had to be more than a handful that were completely disgusted by the cheap shot but can't say anything about it. Stuff like that is a distraction and shows a complete lack of leadership from Alfredsson. Needless to say, if the Senators were my team, he'd be stripped of that C pretty fast.

So I know he's denying it up and down, but the replay is pretty clear. He had time, space, and plenty of ice to shoot the puck to. He claims he was going for the net, but unless he suddenly degraded his skills so poorly that his shot going to the side boards was intended for the net... yeah. No excuse for those bullshit plays and my respect for Alfredsson is gone at this point.

Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    Al Simmons wrote: »

I knew the second that Alfredsson shot the puck at Niedermayer, it was wrapped up for the Ducks. The Ducks looked flat much of that game, then Alfredsson makes a stupid move that is the equivalent of 10 inspirational speeches thus lighting a fire under the Ducks asses. You could see the Ducks were very hungry the 3rd period.

I hate to use a cliche, but you really never know how it's going to end until the fat lady sings.

You never know, it could go seven games.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • Options
    SebbieSebbie Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know if Alfie did it on purpose or not. He had nothing to gain from hitting him. All I have to comment on is that no matter how skilled he is he can still miss a shot. I don't know how often I've seen snipers take a shot on net and only have it go wide of the net (and I mean very wide).

Sebbie on
    "It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating."
  • Options
    Al SimmonsAl Simmons Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dunno, the replay I saw was pretty damn blatant. No reason to even shoot the puck unless it was in the general direction of the net. (it wasn't)

Al Simmons on
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    he did it on purpose. I thought it was funny. I no longer want to see him win a cup

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Brett Hull on Alfredsson's explanation: "If you believe that I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you."

Ducks are kicking ass thus far. Emery has had 2 pucks go through him, both of which looked stoppable if he wasn't so off-balance.

Get ready for it: Giggy for Con Smyth.

Hewn on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The one Phillips but in off Emery killed them. I don't think they will come back from that.

tachyon on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Congrats to Selanne and the Ducks, thats game over folks.

Overall a good season. I hope to god they get rid of the instigator rule and do something about the mad max killer equipment.

the Canadian in me is weeping because the stanley cup is going to get a tan AGAIN.

/cry.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hate Ottawa, and I like Selanne because I'm part Finnish.

Plus I can tell my friends who are Ottawa fans to eat it.

Nice

Al_wat on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well, another good playoff series, although I would have liked to see it go another game.

I did wish the Sens one, then I could say that the Devils (my team) could technically be 2nd/3rd =P

tachyon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Alright, so I got the MVP wrong. Tough pick as the Ducks really did win on full team effort.

Ducks were consistently one of the best teams over the course of the season. A deserving team, no doubt.

Hewn on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    :o
    :|
    D:
    :(
    :cry:

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fun, now's time to go prepare for next year to see the Leafs lose one more time (but really guys, make the playoffs this time, k?)!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My only complaint is that alfredsson should have won the con smythe, that motherfucker won the previous series and scored 2 goals on individual effort in a do or die game.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Aridhol wrote: »
    My only complaint is that alfredsson should have won the con smythe, that motherfucker won the previous series and scored 2 goals on individual effort in a do or die game.

You don't win playoff MVP by dropping the final series in 5 games. And it's been discussed, but he won zero fans with that slapshot business in game 4.

Hewn on
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's not cheating if you get away with it though...:)

No, that was some nasty shit, I'm just sad he didn't get decked for it.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png