Options

[Diablo 3] Season 2! Join the PAF community if you need a clan invite

• Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Does Condemnsader give a fig about IAS? Why not IAS -> STR and keep the VIT?

IAS isn't terrible but there are way better stats you would want for a Blade of Prophecy. IAS helps you pump out more primary attacks to proc Mirinae when it's at single target and the Blade itself cannot proc the secondary explosions.

The new instant cast Condemn though should help elevate some of the single target issue but IAS is always nice for additional Mirinae procs.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Condemn crusaders run a generator skill, usually Slash for T6 and Punish for greater rifts. So the attack speed helps your generator swing faster, which in turn means more chances to proc Mirinae. Punish has a 1.0 proc coefficient which leads to a lot of Mirinae blasts over the course of a RG fight, so attack speed actually has some benefit. Condemn is locked to a global cooldown of about 0.6 seconds and is not affected by attack speed.

But yes, rolling the attack speed to strength was another legitimate option for the weapon. This would have brought the weapon DPS under 4k, and even though the damage roll is good it would have been really annoying -- and maybe depressing? -- to look at an ancient two-handed weapon with less than 4k DPS.

Edit: beat'd by Sky.

Sneakman on
    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Any build you're running, even when chucking hammers or shields, benefits more by ignoring IAS. Not because IAS is bad, as Sneak and Sky said there's good reason to want IAS for Condemn and other builds, but because of what IAS competes with on the few items it naturally rolls on.

Weapons need to be high min-max damage, %damage, STR, socket, CDR. Rings need to be CC, CD, socket, like every other class at this point, but then CDR over anything else. Neck same way, CC, CD, socket like every other class, then STR, element %, or CDR is a better gain than IAS. Gloves CC, CD, CDR, STR. This leaves the odd piece like Witching Hour which can roll IAS when that slot normally doesn't as your only option, and even then you wear it more for the CD than the IAS.

With great items you can hit your perma Champ CDR mark and roll something else like IAS instead of CDR on a ring, neck, or weapon, but you basically need max CDR rolls on every other piece of gear to do that once you're running all six pieces of Akkhan to drop Leoric's helm and RoRG and using a Witching Hour over a CDR belt.

For an item like that BoP you're stuck looking at the rest of your gear, are you at a place where more VIT helps not get one shot? And if so, how long does that last, now I don't get one shot in 40 but do in 41? I normally take the VIT over IAS if the option presents itself but you're not going to handicap yourself either way, you just aren't gaining enough offense nor losing enough defense to screw yourself on one item.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Jade doctor has to be one of the most fun builds in the game, damn. I had to choose between crit and socket on the quetzacoatl, but the build seems to work decently without a socket in hat.

Constantly moving, chaining invulnerability/cc and critting dudes for 700 million+ constantly is pretty sweet.

Currently using bane of the trapped/toxin and gizzard (the +life per second gem) since I felt I needed the survivability. Pondering swapping out toxin for bane of the trapped, but I do like it thematically.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The fact that that BoP has 4200 dps WITHOUT % dmg is pretty insane.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    man i did something incredible yesterday. i sat down for like two hours and organized all my mules. i freed up so much inventory space - i can actually start playing more of my lvl 70 characters and get over my wizard apathy.

now i just need to gear my dh/crusader / maybe barb and WD

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Hello there Diablo 3 folks, I think I made a mistake and downloaded D3 over the weekend and bought the expansion because I'm bored with other current games. I quit D3 two or three months after release due to various bugs, disagreement with apparent direction of the game and probably other games out at the time so this may be a short stay as well, but I may as well try to make the most of it. I've checked out the first post and the last couple of pages and didn't see one, but does anyone know a good "get back into the game" type primer for someone who has been absent for most of the life of the game? I don't mind just tooling around in game, but if there's some activities or paths that don't make sense then I'd prefer to not waste my time on a class or in activities that don't make sense.

When I came back I found a 60 monk who has been since leveled to 70, a 55 (or so) demon hunter, a 45ish wizard and various sub-20 lowbies that never got off the ground. I looked up a decent build for the monk and have found that I can solo T1 rifts but haven't tried harder than that yet. Is the near term game just farming up the demon shards to gamble for gear with?

Right now I think I'm going to re-roll my crusader into season 2 since I didn't know that was a thing, but other than that I'm working with a bit of a lack of focus. I'll never have laser like focus since I have a bad case of altaholism in all my games like this, but I'd like to see something to work toward rather than getting a character to 70, shelving it and moving on. Thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I would have probably kept the vitality roll on that BoP even though I'm usually all for damage. This particular instance is a toss up. IAS and Vitality are just so low on the weapon totem pole for Crusaders that it would be hard to know what to reroll on it. Had it been strength and cool down reduction, the IAS definitely could go.

I was trying to face tank Stonesinger on greater rift 46 and just got demolished once he multiplied. I have no idea how crusaders survive on greater rift beyond 45. I think KFC, the #1 crusader on off season, said he even ran with a Witching Hour so there goes the theory of running String of Ears. I suppose I would need to have all ancient set to beef up my toughness.

SkyAndPie on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Hello there Diablo 3 folks, I think I made a mistake and downloaded D3 over the weekend and bought the expansion because I'm bored with other current games. I quit D3 two or three months after release due to various bugs, disagreement with apparent direction of the game and probably other games out at the time so this may be a short stay as well, but I may as well try to make the most of it. I've checked out the first post and the last couple of pages and didn't see one, but does anyone know a good "get back into the game" type primer for someone who has been absent for most of the life of the game? I don't mind just tooling around in game, but if there's some activities or paths that don't make sense then I'd prefer to not waste my time on a class or in activities that don't make sense.

When I came back I found a 60 monk who has been since leveled to 70, a 55 (or so) demon hunter, a 45ish wizard and various sub-20 lowbies that never got off the ground. I looked up a decent build for the monk and have found that I can solo T1 rifts but haven't tried harder than that yet. Is the near term game just farming up the demon shards to gamble for gear with?

Right now I think I'm going to re-roll my crusader into season 2 since I didn't know that was a thing, but other than that I'm working with a bit of a lack of focus. I'll never have laser like focus since I have a bad case of altaholism in all my games like this, but I'd like to see something to work toward rather than getting a character to 70, shelving it and moving on. Thanks.

Ask and ye shall receive.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »

Thanks for the link, that's a big help.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    I was trying to face tank Stonesinger on greater rift 46 and just got demolished once he multiplied. I have no idea how crusaders survive on greater rift beyond 45. I think KFC, the #1 crusader on off season, said he even ran with a Witching Hour so there goes the theory of running String of Ears. I suppose I would need to have all ancient set to beef up my toughness.

I think Stonesinger has a powerful swing that can easily 1-shot you. It's easy enough to avoid in the first phase but much harder once he multiplies. I may be mistaken, but I think KFC was running Shield Glare to interrupt Stonesinger's attack? KFC has insane all-ancient gear so maybe that's the difference.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »

I think Stonesinger has a powerful swing that can easily 1-shot you. It's easy enough to avoid in the first phase but much harder once he multiplies. I may be mistaken, but I think KFC was running Shield Glare to interrupt Stonesinger's attack? KFC has insane all-ancient gear so maybe that's the difference.

Stonesinger hits REALLY GODDAMN HARD, yeah. It took me by surprise the first time I got him as a RG on my Condemnsader, because normally Stonesinger is faceroll for every other class. Not quite the case for Condemnsader, as it turns out.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I am actually doing OK in T6 with this thing:

rDIUs4L.png

I was thinking that maybe I should start trying to gear for fire with the Annihilate rune and try for a 6-second Trove. I was thinking magefists, though I'd need to make up for the CDR lost on Leoric's. Probably not worth it to drop crit chance since the damage support from Heaven's Fury and the wrath spender still help. Though maybe I'll get a Baleful Remnant or a Blade of Prophecy and have to do a real build.

Also, swapping out to swiftmount for A1 bounties is so good. It makes them so much more fun.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    Sneakman wrote: »

He used Shield Glare? I check his profile from time to time hoping to see if he switches to his greater rift set but no luck. Does he have a written guide or video somewhere?

The guy who did greater rift 50 has decent gear as well but runs Illusory boots. Not sure if those are just a troll switch but the skills in his profile seem legit.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    I am actually doing OK in T6 with this thing:

<redacted>

I was thinking that maybe I should start trying to gear for fire with the Annihilate rune and try for a 6-second Trove. I was thinking magefists, though I'd need to make up for the CDR lost on Leoric's. Probably not worth it to drop crit chance since the damage support from Heaven's Fury and the wrath spender still help. Though maybe I'll get a Baleful Remnant or a Blade of Prophecy and have to do a real build.

Also, swapping out to swiftmount for A1 bounties is so good. It makes them so much more fun.

If you are okay with being a little glassy, Cindercoat with Fist of the Heavens under the Firestarter Akarat rune is pretty effective for Torment 6. This build plays well in the midrange so you typically can just avoid the things you'd rely on Prophet to mitigate anyways. I played this build for a while, admittedly mostly because the screen shaking effect that has since been removed was a premium source of "cruschadenfreude". A crafted pair of Reapers Wraps is practically unbeatable for this setup so it's a little easier to gear up for.

Since the order of business for Crusaders is almost always mitigating Wrath costs, Cindercoat seems to fit a lot more readily than Magefist, unless you don't have one. A nice Lidless Wall with fire damage makes a big difference too. Ideally the build uses Darklight, but good luck finding one of those as good as that Mortal Drama.

Something like this maybe? Drop horsie for Punish - Roar if you need a generator.

Walt on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I really miss the screen shake

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Also, join the clan.

One of us. One of us.

• Options

Also, join the clan.

One of us. One of us.

Yeah, I'll take care of that once I get home from work. Thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I really miss the screen shake

i hate you so much

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    (right now)

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    oh excuse me mr "I have motion sickness" big sissy

• Options
    i take it back i hate you forever now

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    nah I was thinking it's one of those things that would be nice as an option

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    nah I was thinking it's one of those things that would be nice as an option

Do you want to be an asshole?
    [__] Yes
    [__] No

• Options
    obviously it would only affect your screen

• Options
    edited March 2015
    it didn't before

edit: ooh nevermind. i misunderstood

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    picked up an ancient sun keeper and ancient firebirds source on my wizard. dropping blackhole + meteor just got even better.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    lol good thing i have a decent int T&T

I found another one on my wizard today.

rolled STR

Al_wat on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Finally, after hours of research, and collecting 5 of the 6 pieces of the Jade Harvester set, I have created the ultimate Wizard transmogrification.
    UFcWM3l.jpg

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    Finally, after hours of research, and collecting 5 of the 6 pieces of the Jade Harvester set, I have created the ultimate Wizard transmogrification.
    UFcWM3l.jpg

That is a shitload of pink.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    lol good thing i have a decent int T&T

I found another one on my wizard today.

rolled STR

Save that TnT, because in the next patch, IK on barbs are going to be insane

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Leveled up a Monk to 68 and I have decided that melee is just not for me. I'll stick to my Wizard and Demon Hunter.

Gonna get the Monk to 70 though cause I want a Cindercoat for my Demon Hunter and I figure Kadala will be more accommodating when the cloaks aren't on the table, too.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Did they ever say why Raekor gets to be a special snowflake and only require 5?

Assuming it's solely based on Vile Ward, that same logic should make Jade and Akkhan 5 piece sets.

Really, we'd be in a much more interesting place if ALL sets capped at 5.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Any crusader experts out there that can help me with my HC seasonal crusader?
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lorek-1820/hero/58361575

I feel like I have all the pieces required to be T6 capable, but the damage is just not there. Is my problem just getting gear with better numbers or am I missing something crucial here?

Lorek on
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Lorek wrote: »

I feel like I have all the pieces required to be T6 capable, but the damage is just not there. Is my problem just getting gear with better numbers or am I missing something crucial here?

No offensive legendary gems is a huge hit for your dps. If I remember right, Miriane is a staple for condemn builds. Not sure what others they use, but running without any of them isn't going to work.

Edit: Didn't notice it at first, but why are you using diamonds? Switch to STR gems, that should be even easier way to increase your dps. Oh right, HC character ... well, you should still change at least some of those gems to rubies.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »

1) Obligatory "don't play hardcore" message

2) To echo Mirkel, it's probably mandatory to run Gizzard + Esoteric Alteration + Moratorium, given how much toughness is valued in hardcore.

3) Good luck!

• Options
    LionswordLionsword Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Walt and @Sneakman for the GRs last night. Hope my EP spam and constant deaths were great fun for all. I need all of the paragons so whenever I'm around I'll see if you guys are running again.

Lionsword#1156
  • Options
    LionswordLionsword Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Welp. @Rakeeth dropped a Furnace for me today, and I got all excited to use it on my monk. Burned a solid 15 souls to get a +10% damage roll, dropped a gift in it, then noticed it had 10% resource cost reduction, which means no Inna's Taeguk shenanigans--removing a huge damage/armor buff for my monk. Honestly, I'm more angry at burning the gift than ruining the Furnace, since Rakeeth probably would have sharded it anyway.

[sadkeanu.jpg]

Look up a Fire build on DiabloFans and see how that takes you. Doesn't run Inna's, and isn't awesome in GR's, but it clears T6 mega fast. Basically run Furnace (can also run Incense Torch) + Cindercoat and use the Fire Lashing Tail Kick (also works with Wave of Light). Cindercoat gives you damage + spirit cost reduction, along with the RCR on your Furnace, would probably be pretty good.

The ability for SW to keep Taeguk stacked is handy for sure, but it's not the end all-be all. I'll always prefer it for GR's, but for T6 it's not as necessary.

Lionsword on
    Lionsword#1156
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    If you are okay with being a little glassy, Cindercoat with Fist of the Heavens under the Firestarter Akarat rune is pretty effective for Torment 6. This build plays well in the midrange so you typically can just avoid the things you'd rely on Prophet to mitigate anyways. I played this build for a while, admittedly mostly because the screen shaking effect that has since been removed was a premium source of "cruschadenfreude". A crafted pair of Reapers Wraps is practically unbeatable for this setup so it's a little easier to gear up for.

Since the order of business for Crusaders is almost always mitigating Wrath costs, Cindercoat seems to fit a lot more readily than Magefist, unless you don't have one. A nice Lidless Wall with fire damage makes a big difference too. Ideally the build uses Darklight, but good luck finding one of those as good as that Mortal Drama.

Something like this maybe? Drop horsie for Punish - Roar if you need a generator.

Well I did have a Lidless Wall and Cindercoat lying around. I gave it a try and now I get 25m bombard crits. I need to make up the CDR somewhere but overall it's a big improvement.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.