As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    is this the first time we've seen the court indicated to have modern weapons

I suppose

but if you're looking for clues to the time period we've seen pop culture references that puts gc at least in the aughts

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    #1 I was going over the character pages for SSSS, does anyone speak Norwegian besides Sigrun?

#2 Is Tuuri going to be translating for most everyone on this mission?

#3 [im]http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-rnbKDsX/0/1050x10000/i-rnbKDsX-1050x10000.jpg[/img]
    That is EVIL!

The commercial for it is literally disgutsing and I am wearing a pokemon t-shirt as I type this

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I feel like the love boat would know about bud, since it probably at least cyber-stalked her

also, if it was like oh dear nevermind and lets the children go then lindsey might not eat it and that would be so disappointing

• Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    page97.png

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Oh god, she is turning into Arin!

Good faces tho

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I speculate that Ship will be a tiny thing once he emerges from Zimmyland and somebody squishes him.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Cut To The Face

2014-10-13-Cut-To-The-Face.jpg
    The onlooker onslaught in the modern barberarium is twofold. The hair shearer points your chair at the mirror. You see behind you those waiting for their turn at the cut. They indirectly observe the display of your grooming. They speculate on how your hair looked before the first clip. Then the chair turns towards them. Now the display is direct. Now it is indecent.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I see some great uses for every part of that comic.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    heh max's magnet worm spirit in the background of three panel soul

Also a big donut, which reminds me of a comic page that used to get posted frequently that I don't know the name of.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    542.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Now in colour

141013.jpg

Derelict is a comic that once had nudity in it.

Also, you can buy a pdf version of the first book, which includes retouched art, a guide to the miasmics, concept art, guest art and a short comic about Dang actually having a nice day.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Also, Iguana Mouth was approached to do a cover for Lumberjanes a bit ago

tumblr_nd98dnPpIG1r1dqpyo1_500.png

Iguana mouth features rarely appearing naughtiness

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Vampire Cheerleaders has some covered werewolf boobs today. Y'know, if that's your thing.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    comic375.png

Marth and Roy stuck out pretty hard in SSB: Melee -- they were two weird anime dudes who spoke Japanese in a game where I at least had a passing idea of who everyone else was, and they didn't even look like they belonged next to any of the other characters.

I kind of forgot about how weird that seemed once I got into Fire Emblem and other series with that kind of aesthetic, and more anime babes and babettes have been trickling into Smash Bros since. If you take a step back and realize a lot of people are not familiar with a lot of those games, though, I guess it's about as bizarre as the inexplicable human characters that were in Mario Golf 64 for some reason.

On a side note, Link has been undergoing a slow, tragic mutation into an expressionless anime elfman for years and I'm afraid it's terminal.

Brainleech on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to wolfmics

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

they live forever in your heart

EzUAYcn.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »

they live forever in your heart

That's not good enough!!!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Sooo...I was wondering when goblins would post again. But apparently he had a reason to be taking his time.
    Damn I dunno if the unfinished parts make the comic more creepy or less.
    Thats some nice detail.
    20141008.jpg

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    "nice" isn't an adjective I'd use to describe any aspect of Goblins

except maybe "it was nice that he took so long between updates"

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    "nice" isn't an adjective I'd use to describe any aspect of Goblins

except maybe "it was nice that he took so long between updates"

Im really sad someone puts effort into such a hideous comic.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Oh shit, burned!

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

There's no reason to assume they wouldn't

GK isn't a big combat-oriented comic so we've never seen a situation where it would be very appropriate for the Court to pull out guns. We've only even seen non-teacher Court personnel a couple of times, and they could very well have had concealed weapons since they never needed to draw one.

I mean, the Court helped in WW2 so they probably know how rifles work.

Dongs Galore on
  • AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    A Paranatural thought occurs to me: does the rest of the Consortium even know that Spender is a medium? It looks like they have a policy of locking mediums with dangerous spirits out of the loop, so I'm wondering if maybe Spender is keeping his a secret so he can stay involved.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    page97.png

Holy Mary that last panel

dN0T6ur.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular

GK isn't a big combat-oriented comic so we've never seen a situation where it would be very appropriate for the Court to pull out guns. We've only even seen non-teacher Court personnel a couple of times, and they could very well have had concealed weapons since they never needed to draw one.

Jimmy-Jims did resort to a glowy-sword-thing (tm) to try to save Annie on the bridge. You could argue that a gun might have been more handy there.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    2014-10-13-seinfeld-final.png

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    page97.png

I too want incredible grip strength with nothing more but some toning on my arms. Also you never answered my PM from forever ago, @Prof. Awesome

klemming wrote: »

Jimmy-Jims did resort to a glowy-sword-thing (tm) to try to save Annie on the bridge. You could argue that a gun might have been more handy there.

That was some Etheric program thing from Anja's computer, so the sword shape presumably was secondary to its function as a big pointy magic stabber. Unless the gun was magic, I wouldn't expect it to work better on some unidentified thing that just walked out of the Forest.

Eglamore and Parley are armed with swords as part of their uniform as the Court Medium's bodyguard and/or Dragonslayer, which is apparently the same set of ceremonial armor and equipment they've been using since the first guy had the job. The swords they use probably have some additional significance which makes them more effective against etheric beings. There's no point in Eglamore carrying a handgun if it were less effective than his other shit.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kat played MGS4 in a side comic, so yeah the court is pretty much on a modern timeline.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

That was some Etheric program thing from Anja's computer, so the sword shape presumably was secondary to its function as a big pointy magic stabber. Unless the gun was magic, I wouldn't expect it to work better on some unidentified thing that just walked out of the Forest.

Eglamore and Parley are armed with swords as part of their uniform as the Court Medium's bodyguard and/or Dragonslayer, which is apparently the same set of ceremonial armor and equipment they've been using since the first guy had the job. The swords they use probably have some additional significance which makes them more effective against etheric beings. There's no point in Eglamore carrying a handgun if it were less effective than his other shit.

also guns are lame

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I too want incredible grip strength with nothing more but some toning on my arms. Also you never answered my PM from forever ago, @Prof. Awesome

All you have to do is get possessed by a literal rage demon and you're good.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I like

Alien Hand Syndrome

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    I too want incredible grip strength with nothing more but some toning on my arms. Also you never answered my PM from forever ago, "Prof. Awesome"

All you have to do is get possessed by a literal rage demon and you're good.

maybe it was just an iphone 6 OH BURN

While i say that GKC really just isn't a "guns" kind of comic, I do anticipate it going full End of Evangelion

Parliament decides that Anthony Carver has deviated too far from Whitehall's plan for Ethermentality, and the Royal Marine Commandos execute a decapitation strike to neutralize Gunnerkrigg Court

the Court's overspecialized anti-forest defenses prove useless against human weaponry, and Court security robots and staff are massacred in the hallways as Headmaster Llanwelyn oversees a futile defense, buying time for Eglamore to convince Annie to get in the goddamn robot

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Every anthro comic makes me seriously consider reading all of Redwall, how many books is it?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    While i say that GKC really just isn't a "guns" kind of comic, I do anticipate it going full End of Evangelion

Parliament decides that Anthony Carver has deviated too far from Whitehall's plan for Ethermentality, and the Royal Marine Commandos execute a decapitation strike to neutralize Gunnerkrigg Court

the Court's overspecialized anti-forest defenses prove useless against human weaponry, and Court security robots and staff are massacred in the hallways as Headmaster Llanwelyn oversees a futile defense, buying time for Eglamore to convince Annie to get in the goddamn robot

you're a terrible person

ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.