As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Trek Wedding [chat] (BIG PICTURES IN OP; NSFData)

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i like iphone 5/5S design best 2 i agree

poo
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    spPU2Lm.jpg
    A French boy introduces himself to Indian soldiers who had just arrived in France to fight alongside French and British forces, Marseilles, 30th September 1914

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I feel like I can't go on, but then again, I feel that way basically every day...

Even when drawing awesome pixel art?

Just at work, when I say "Can't go on", I mean "Can't go on working in stressful conditions".

But Since I can't get mucho dinero making pixel art yet... I gots to keep it up and go on.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I feel like I can't go on, but then again, I feel that way basically every day...
    Yup, and as long as you keep staying on the fight side of fight/flight, you'll gradually reacclimate to a normal level of stress.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I don't have time to get a part time job on top of internship... But I might switch jerbs after this is done? Or keep the position here... I still don't know... I should keep position if possible.

Why does the internship need to be full time. No, seriously.

For my second (and last) non paying internship that I had to do as a part of a program in college, I basically did the "interview" and told them "I have a job I need to do to help support myself two days a week." I interned full time Mon-Wedns, then Thurs-Fri I worked my existing job with my professor (for actual money)

I didn't actually need to but my boss needed me and I was more than happy to not only fuck around in a dumb office just so I could pull three papers out of my ass at the end of the summer

I know my particular circumstances were unusual since I had this job already and my professor wanted me around, but u kno, most people understand that unpaid internships cost money and that people need to make it somehow

Hmm, yeah...

I could apply at Tim's hortons maybe, then... get a couple days off the internship train making dough nuts...

You need to do whatever the fuck you need to do to get gradually more independent. Because frankly dude...it's past time.

I'm not saying it has to be Tim Horton's. Apply to other entry level office jobs. Qualifications requirements are often bullshit so even if you feel intimated friggin do it anyway.

Just do it.

*gets @Casual slapping hand out* this can be repurposed you know

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    do y'all get flu shots? i don't usually but I've seen several things exhorting people to get one.

I got one

I guess the cyberlizard illuminati can control me through the chip now but w/e
    this is my greatest fear. what if it's incompatible with all of the other intrusive alien circuitry that has been surreptitiously implanted in my brain???

well and in your case, you also have to worry about possible side effects from the mind control spores gestating in your system

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I don't have time to get a part time job on top of internship... But I might switch jerbs after this is done? Or keep the position here... I still don't know... I should keep position if possible.

For my second (and last) non paying internship that I had to do as a part of a program in college, I basically did the "interview" and told them "I have a job I need to do to help support myself two days a week." I interned full time Mon-Wedns, then Thurs-Fri I worked my existing job with my professor (for actual money)

I didn't actually need to but my boss needed me and I was more than happy to not only fuck around in a dumb office just so I could pull three papers out of my ass at the end of the summer

I know my particular circumstances were unusual since I had this job already and my professor wanted me around, but u kno, most people understand that unpaid internships cost money and that people need to make it somehow

Because they can and the labor system in America is generally pretty fucked up at the moment.

Yes I know how unpaid internships work Doodmann. Thanks. I'm talking about a workaround (quite literally).

21st is in Canada BTW. the funny talkin' part.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    chat ruins my lief also sometimes too but that's the whole internet rly

poo
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    also j8ke hav u heard about iphone 6 is best phone
    i went and looked at one sunday at the Apple Store in the galleria. Is it just me, or does the actual design of the phone leave something to be desired? I like the the look of the new HTC better but I would probably choose an iPhone 6 because of the interface and whatnot. Also the camera.

it's fucking uglyyyyyyyy but I bought one anyway what is happen to me

i think its design less distinctive that the i4 and i5.

but still the best-looking this-gen phone on the market

leaps and bounds better than all the android trash

the iphone 5 is great looking, I love it

the 6 looks like the iphone 1

the new motorola phone that you can customize is p badass

wooden phone yes pls

Moto X and HTC One M8 are both very attractive phones.

I like the iPhone better, but its ever-so-slight as opposed to the typical landslide.

Motorola and HTC have really, REALLY upped their game over the past year or two.

Samsung, on the other hand... their offerings look like stale cheap trash, even amongst android competitors, aside from their Galaxy Alpha, which looks not-so-surprisingly like an iPhone 5 with the squared metal chamfered edges and antenna bands.

So glad their profits are dwindling in the face of better competition. Moto and HTC have figured out how to make and sell handsets without making every bit of their advertising about "the other guy"

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Hmm, yeah...

I could apply at Tim's hortons maybe, then... get a couple days off the internship train making dough nuts...

You need to do whatever the fuck you need to do to get gradually more independent. Because frankly dude...it's past time.

I'm not saying it has to be Tim Horton's. Apply to other entry level office jobs. Qualifications requirements are often bullshit so even if you feel intimated friggin do it anyway.

Just do it.

Last time i applied to an entry-level office job where they called me back, I applied to this internship...

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    e: moved to PMs.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    do y'all get flu shots? i don't usually but I've seen several things exhorting people to get one.

I got one

this is my greatest fear. what if it's incompatible with all of the other intrusive alien circuitry that has been surreptitiously implanted in my brain???
    They have conferences every galactic year about crossover compatibility. The real bad schizophrenics are the ones with older implants that cross-talk and decohere each other. Newer models are much more silent.

*beeps*

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I don't get flu shots.

I am far too manly for the flu. The flu gets me.

Also I just don't think about it. I've already gotten sick this year.

I might get sick again when the temp really starts diving, but I tend not to hang with people with weak little bitch immune systems so we all just kick ass and don't get sick.

hth

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I got one

well

have you ever seen Scanners?

• Options
    but loser you said you've already gotten sick this year

i have not

poo
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

Hmm, yeah...

Just do it.

*gets Casual slapping hand out* this can be repurposed you know

This X1000.

If you can use Word / Excel / Office and type 40+ WPM - which, being someone hanging out chatting on a video game forum you probably can do - you are qualified for most entry-level office jobs.

Make up a resume, ask H&A for some advice tuning it up, and apply to every low level office job in your area - data entry, tier 1 call center, paper pusher, etc. Also, if there are any temp agencies in your area, apply there too so you can get some experience in the meantime to add to your resume.

Nice thing about temp jobs is you can just quit if something better comes along.

• Options

Hmm, yeah...

Just do it.

Last time i applied to an entry-level office job where they called me back, I applied to this internship...
    Having an actual job will actually reduce your anxiety and make you feel more empowered and in control.
    Head problems aside, a job is literally one of the fundamental requirements to be a functioning member of our society.
    It really all starts there. Get a job. Stop dicking around with projects until you have a job.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Hakke shut up.

Well, time to abort. Take it or leave it 21st I'm just trying to help.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Even when drawing awesome pixel art?

Just at work, when I say "Can't go on", I mean "Can't go on working in stressful conditions".

But Since I can't get mucho dinero making pixel art yet... I gots to keep it up and go on.

Well, that makes it easier. Earlier you said you didn't know what makes you feel stress. But if it's only at work, and only when people give you tasks to complete, then you can work on how you interpret "being told to do something".

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Hakke shut up.

Hakkes hut up?

Hakkes hut best hut

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I had a weird conversation with my boss' boss' boss' the other day.

It was one of those things where two people who shouldn't talk end up waiting in a room so they have to talk.

Me "How did the (problem) go"

Him "It required (expensive solution)"

Me "They didn't think they could (cheap solution)"

Him "that doesn't exist"

Me "yes it does. I have personal been involved with (cheap solution)."

Him "nope, you are being nonsensical"

Quiet.....

Then the rest of the day I am calling everyone I know making sure that I didn't make an ass of myself in front of a bigwig.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I don't get flu shots.

I am far too manly for the flu. The flu gets me.

Also I just don't think about it. I've already gotten sick this year.

I might get sick again when the temp really starts diving, but I tend not to hang with people with weak little bitch immune systems so we all just kick ass and don't get sick.

hth

all I heard is charlie brown voice and then "I rely on herd immunity from people who do get the shot"

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Email-draft erased itself somehow! I can't remember half of that. Unfixable.

• Options
    I guess I'll start looking 4 jerb tonight, then...

As for having H/A tweak my resume, that can't work well: My resume is in Le French.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Nats are out so baseball doesn't matter anymore.

ahem

R O Y A L S

Yep, still stuck in Bizzaro universe.

• Options
    What it's so nice out

poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The upside is that The Flash TV series in bizzaro universe is a delight.

• Options
    Why did I let myself get into a rut of non productivity again like I always do

poo
  • Options
    *Having a job is a core tenet unless you are differently abled and can't access a job that is tailored to your specific attributes.
    *Having a job is important to your well being until it is no longer good for your well being.
    *Having a job should not supersede your own ability to enjoy life or take care of others.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hakke shut up.

Hakkes hut up?

Hakkes hut best hut

Blue, 52!

Blue, 52!

Seeeet

Hut, hut!

*receives the snap, spots LoserForHire open near the sideline, throws wobbly air ball vaguely in his direction*

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    i went and looked at one sunday at the Apple Store in the galleria. Is it just me, or does the actual design of the phone leave something to be desired? I like the the look of the new HTC better but I would probably choose an iPhone 6 because of the interface and whatnot. Also the camera.

I dunno, the HTC One M8 is pretty slick.

HTC-One-3V-White.jpg

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Is the world even worth saving?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hakke shut up.

Well, time to abort. Take it or leave it 21st I'm just trying to help.

Don't abort!!

All babies want to get borned...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Temp jobs are great for entry level because they presume you can't find your own ass with GPS and a diagram. If you manage to show a level of competence even slightly above "vegetable" they'll be impressed.

Also: volunteer jobs.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My only reason for not getting the flu shot the years that I did not get it (like I said, roughly 6/10 in the past 10 years)

Is that I did not stumble into a flu-shot-bearing needle and as a result never thought to get one

It's like donating blood

If they want me to do it so bad they really need to be more aggressive about it

Not because I'm a jerk, but because I have no memory of my own that is not digital

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hakke shut up.

Hakkes hut up?

Hakkes hut best hut

Blue, 52!

Blue, 52!

Seeeet

Hut, hut!

*receives the snap, spots LoserForHire open near the sideline, throws wobbly air ball vaguely in his direction*

jesus Christ narwhal put some zip on it

set your feet

then throw

we've gone over this hundreds of times

OK SUICIDES FOR ALL THE BITCHES ON THE TEAM. AND BY BITCHES I MEAN EVERYONE LETS GO MOVE IT.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    I tried a placement agency when I was job hunting.

They never called back.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I dunno, the HTC One M8 is pretty slick.

HTC-One-3V-White.jpg

The only thing I truly like on that design over the 6 / 6 plus is the position of the speakers.

Would be nice to have front facing stereo when playing games / watching movies without headphones.

But it is still a sexy phone and if apple released something like that I would not be offended. Like I said, HTC and Moto did rull good this year.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hakke shut up.

Hakkes hut up?

Hakkes hut best hut

Blue, 52!

Blue, 52!

Seeeet

Hut, hut!

jesus Christ narwhal put some zip on it

set your feet

then throw

we've gone over this hundreds of times

OK SUICIDES FOR ALL THE BITCHES ON THE TEAM. AND BY BITCHES I MEAN EVERYONE LETS GO MOVE IT.

You forgot to tell the line that 51 was the mike

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    wait, that's not the M8, my bad.

This discussion has been closed.