Options

[MtG] Everyone's uncle works for WOTC

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Like I am sure rapists and murderers don't just get a 4 year ban from a card game.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ahh, the classic "I wasn't literally Hitler, so I didn't do anything wrong" defense.

I also like the "it's only a card game, what's the big deal!"/"A FOUR YEAR BAN FROM THIS CARD GAME IS WORSE THAN A PRISON TERM" dichotomy.

• Options
    Per reddit user whodack, on Humphries banning:

"Adios, Douche Canoe."

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The fact that just putting their names into Google or Bing brings up a library of samples of each of them cheating is kind of interesting. Very little full length match play, but TONS of short clips.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Yo fuck talkin about bans, lets talk about supposed commander 2014 spoilers
    tumblr_ndyimtVArN1sox9zuo1_1280.png

Just found that on tumblr

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm impressed there was a stock photo of that.

• Options
    Those are both some neat cards but I will never play with them. I am just not a fan of EDH/Commander.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Those are both some neat cards but I will never play with them. I am just not a fan of EDH/Commander.

Is it because you can only play with one Lhurgoyf?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

Is it because you can only play with one Lhurgoyf?

I tried playing t once, just not for me.

• Options
    Only one lhurgoyf

but there's still NIGHTHOWLER

• Options
    Oh, my bad, I was mixing up my goyfs.

• Options
    get ya goyfs together

goyf tribal

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Oh, my bad, I was mixing up my goyfs.

Ya dun goyf'd, son.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I thought Bertoncinni was already banned? Not aware of this Humphries guy (though he seems like a hilarious douchenozzle from those Facebook posts)

If this is a rebanning... how does this effect his ability to play on the SCG circuit? Because he's been doing well there and it'd be a shame if he gets into their player championship or something while banned from WOTC events for cheating

• Options
    Bertoncinni had been unbanned for a little bit, but cheaters gonna cheat.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Humphries had a habit of thumbing non land cards to the top while false shuffling his opponents' decks. He got caught doing it on camera and it turns out he's got a history of doing it. Buh bye.

• Options
    Holy shit, is that Feldon of Feldon's Cane?

I'm a goddamn sucker for nostalgia cards. I have a feeling I'm going to be mighty tempted by Commander 2014.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    On non cheating news,

Did anyone catch CFBs top 8 Modern cards thing?

Cause, um, Kahns is crazy represented. Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time and Jeskai Ascendancy all made the list. Even more interestingly, the group seems to think all three will get banned eventually - with Ascendancy being certain and soon. The arguments for the other two are pretty convincing. Essentially, Cruise is a better Ancestral Vision - which is already banned - and can be played in every single deck, since everyone will just splash blue for it. The problem with banning just Cruise is that Dig is SO good, and it's double blue forces you to play blue decks, that the format will be warped to the point that everyone just plays blue decks so they can Dig.

Ascendancy's reasons are obvious. Interestingly, they did address the idea of just banning Glittering Wish and felt that even that wouldn't slow the deck down enough

Edit: once again, I'd like to pint at laugh at all the buffoons at MTGSalvation who whined about Khans not being powerful enough during the spoilers. Congratulations! You are all idiots.

APODionysus on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Giving red pseudo-reanimation without exiling the creature from the graveyard is actually really nice, since it means that you can abuse ETBs easily with this guy.

The angel....meh.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    feldon is really cool

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I thought Bertoncinni was already banned? Not aware of this Humphries guy (though he seems like a hilarious douchenozzle from those Facebook posts)

If this is a rebanning... how does this effect his ability to play on the SCG circuit? Because he's been doing well there and it'd be a shame if he gets into their player championship or something while banned from WOTC events for cheating

He can't play at SCG events anymore, they're DCI events. He's done. It's time for him to play hearthstone.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Giving red pseudo-reanimation without exiling the creature from the graveyard is actually really nice, since it means that you can abuse ETBs easily with this guy.

The angel....meh.
    I'm glad that it costs mana, so it's at least a little tougher to go full-on Kiki-Jiki with him.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

I'm a goddamn sucker for nostalgia cards. I have a feeling I'm going to be mighty tempted by Commander 2014.

I'm pretty sure it is, yeah.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

The angel....meh.
    I'm glad that it costs mana, so it's at least a little tougher to go full-on Kiki-Jiki with him.

I'm mostly thinking on Grixis reanimator decks aka Sedris, that can easily tutor Kiki to the yard...or loot it to the yard on your end step.

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Banning glittering wish wouldn't fix the problem. When I was testing out the deck I hadn't even thought of the glittering wish tech and it was still consistent as fuck. Actually without wish I'm pretty sure the deck goes off on turn 2 more often (since you never have to wish to set anything up). So while it does lose some consistency, and some resiliency and it's worse without it modern ascendancy would still be winning on 2-3 all the time.... which last I checked was not a thing wizards want's in modern.

• Options

TCG Player championship 50k, format is standard

• Options
    Also yeah Feldon is rad... I didn't realize whip of erebos was secretly a red card but meh, red has the tineyest chunk of color pie so I'm not complaining.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    So how is it that problem players who have been repeatedly busted for cheating are still allowed to play? I know mistakes get made sometimes and people deserve second chances, but this clearly isn't a case of that. Like, why not just perma-ban them and be done with it? It's not like the MTG scene is really hurting for talent or anything.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Abzan more like

• Options
    The Betman wrote: »

TCG Player championship 50k, format is standard

i am not convinced that 'aggro' list was at all 'aggro'

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

If this commander set is a love letter to old sets/mythos I'm going to be so jazzed.

• Options
    Kelor wrote: »

If this commander set is a love letter to old sets/mythos I'm going to be so jazzed.

Well I mean, they said they're printing a bunch of walkers/people that are mentioned on cards but never actually got cards!

• Options
    RawrBear wrote: »
    Banning glittering wish wouldn't fix the problem. When I was testing out the deck I hadn't even thought of the glittering wish tech and it was still consistent as fuck. Actually without wish I'm pretty sure the deck goes off on turn 2 more often (since you never have to wish to set anything up). So while it does lose some consistency, and some resiliency and it's worse without it modern ascendancy would still be winning on 2-3 all the time.... which last I checked was not a thing wizards want's in modern.

Yeah that's basically what they said: It wouldn't make much of a difference at all. They (and I here) brought it up because it's been a popular suggestion around the internets of a banning that would nueter the deck without killing it completely. Which as you and they said, it would not do - at least not well enough.

Now, maybe banning Cruise and Dig would do it? Or Gitaxian Probe? I dunno. Ultimately, I do think it's Ascendancy itself that will go bye-bye

• Options
    Also yeah Feldon is rad... I didn't realize whip of erebos was secretly a red card but meh, red has the tineyest chunk of color pie so I'm not complaining.

Nah, black has had the Whip effect ever since (IIRC) Mirage with Shallow Grave. Red dips into similar things because it gets the most temporary effects (haste, Kiki tokens, Chandra zero effects, Threaten, etc.); Feldon had to have something to do with graveyard recursion because of the Cane, and tying it in to artifacts makes it more red as well.

• Options
    Sorry, i was going to try and riff on Abzan but I fell asleep watching that mirror

• Options
    I'm still not sure what Abzan Aggro was trying to do with Popular Aggro Cards 'Elspeth' and 'Liliana Vess'

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imagine a world where abzan midrange is played in its current form until next september

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Yeah that's basically what they said: It wouldn't make much of a difference at all. They (and I here) brought it up because it's been a popular suggestion around the internets of a banning that would nueter the deck without killing it completely. Which as you and they said, it would not do - at least not well enough.

Now, maybe banning Cruise and Dig would do it? Or Gitaxian Probe? I dunno. Ultimately, I do think it's Ascendancy itself that will go bye-bye

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of people suggest it too and it's like O_O nope... It'd be waaay more vulnerable to hate since you cant just wish into a toolbox of problem solvers but it's still gona warp the meta a bunch, and more importantly it's still going to consistently combo out before turn 4 which is supposed to be something that never happens in modern.

I'm sure they could ban wish and half the cantrips, or ban all the mana dorks and it'd "Fix" the deck while keeping ascendancy legal. But at that point they've thrown the baby out and kept the bathwater cause noones going to play a disruptable dedicated combo deck that can't interact with it's opponent and can't win till turn 4 when you could just play twin.

• Options
    No, that was the worst mirror match ever

This discussion has been closed.