As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COULD YOU IMAGINE THE SMT Persona Thread? IT'S GENIUS!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I got "Sausage Party" for using only the guys in combat.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I got "Sausage Party" for using only the guys in combat.

I'd have expected "Yaoi Party" with the culture/themes of the game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Man, fuck that Chapter 3 boss fight

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Had a very persona style dream

I had murdered someone, but no one knew who they were or where they came from

I turned myself in but the police were baffled because the body didn't match any finger prints or dental records or DNA tests or missing persons

And then I watched the little mermaid and Ariel was missing from the movie

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Congrats, you killed a fish lady

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Look at this stuff

Isn't it neat

Wouldn't you say my collection's complete

Wouldn't you -- who are you? Oh god no! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Congrats, you killed a fish lady

Undyne, nooooooooo.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Probably just the group I had but he was basically entirely useless when I fought him.

His special attack that he used once got a one hit KO on Ellie but beyond using a revive stone on her for that I didn't have to heal a single time for that whole fight.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Probably just the group I had but he was basically entirely useless when I fought him.

His special attack that he used once got a one hit KO on Ellie but beyond using a revive stone on her for that I didn't have to heal a single time for that whole fight.

my entire tempo of the fight has been kill the casters and then get everyone OHK'd into oblivion

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wow so apparently Savage fights will always be ready to kick your face in no matter where they're located. Floor 1 of the second dungeon whose enemies die on contact to your Level 16 might? Watch that black Mirage touch you and oh hello there Level 21 Bufu users with an unhealthy fixation on Touma how are you today.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think I'm just under leveled for the third boss, he's 35 and my dudes are all around 30

I'm lucky to clear out two members of his entourage before he calls in reinforcements and he kills my party faster than I can revive them

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Wow so apparently Savage fights will always be ready to kick your face in no matter where they're located. Floor 1 of the second dungeon whose enemies die on contact to your Level 16 might? Watch that black Mirage touch you and oh hello there Level 21 Bufu users with an unhealthy fixation on Touma how are you today.

Savage fights are based solely on your level no matter where they are located.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I was around 31 when I beat him

Buy a few Attack Mirrors from HeeHo Mart, they help a bunch with his physical attacks

Also lead off with Itsuki's Strike a Pose to chew through most of the adds, I managed to drop all but the flyer

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    At what point do I get to use the resource I'm getting off of savage fights? The description says that a mirage collects them.

• Options
    Once you get access to the arena in Harajuku, you'll have a request from the guy inside, recruit the ghost on the street in Harajuku and you can trade 9 Detritus to the ghost inside the arena for an incense of your choice

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Beat the third boss at around Level 25. It was fairly simple to get rid of his entourage with Itsuki/Touma/Kiria. Kiria would Mabufu to start a session, Touma would use the lance attack that lowers Hit/Evade for that session, and Itsuki kept up DEF+ and used Dia +1 for healing so the boss's twice-in-a-turn attack wouldn't kill someone if it targeted them twice. I only had to revive Itsuki once when I underestimate how hard the boss would hit twice in a turn and the entourage pretty much was just an annoyance more than a threat. Same with his Sealing move, I'm gonna go pick up some Dis-Seals since I used up all my Amrita Sodas dealing with that.

As a bonus, I managed to farm 5x 3-Star Performas off the boss + a bunch of Forces and drops.

• Options
    Jesus Christ fuck you Chapter 3 boss

I brought him down but it took some DOING

burned through 4 SP, threw everything I had at him directly instead of worrying about the adds and used as many group skills as I could to kill the casters

Tsubasa's first side story gives you a great buff that only costs one SP that really helped too

• Options
    chapter 3 end spoilers
    well, Mamori's carnage form wasn't what I expected

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    chapter 3 end spoilers
    well, Mamori's carnage form wasn't what I expected

IT'S THE BEST

• Options
    Found the Arena and promptly got wiped out on Intermediate level. Beginner it is! Then I went three straight times because of encores, which was actually really simple with copious usage of Mazio and Bufula. Just had to stall a round or two before the final one so I could let Itsuki heal himself up, since the enemies in that one have a chance of pre-empting the party and he's weak to their spears. Those three runs provided a huuuuuge amount of EXP and skill points, so now I need to find some new Performa to make new weapons, especially for Kiria.

I need to grind out Tsubasa's level some more, she's only at Level 22 right now. Then I think I'll unlock her first side story. Huzzah for the Intermission lasting as long as I want. Also, I'm pretty sure I know who the next party member is going to be, and it's not Ellie. Which, by the way, was kind of hilarious to meet her when Itsuki blurts out, "So you're biracial?"

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Tsubasa just learned about charming an audience.

From
    a cat.

• Options
    The Chapter 3 boss is a lot easier if you grind just a little and get
    Kiria and Tsubasa to learn the ability that lets them join in a Session even when they're not in the active party

• Options
    Tsubasa just learned about charming an audience.

From
    a cat.

Would you deny they are the masters of it?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Took a few days off and just ran through part of the chapter 3 dungeon tonight

Starting to run into TOUGH CHOICES in terms of skill selection

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Don't worry about skills. Just pick what seems most useful at the time. You can get anything back later with a minimal amount of effort.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Don't worry about skills. Just pick what seems most useful at the time. You can get anything back later with a minimal amount of effort.

Oh good, I was hoping there'd be a skill tutor or something to get back forgotten ones.

• Options
    I also need to decide who to promote first too

The obvious choice is Itsuki

But my heart says Touma

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

But my heart says Touma

I believe there are a total of 16 master seals available, so you will be able to get everyone to every class.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Wow that Chapter 3 boss really is some hot bullshit.
    I eventually just rushed him by using Rakunda with Itsuki, Tarukaja with Touma, Flux with Kiria, then had Itsuki do his Pose special to give the others an extra attack, hit him with a medium sword skill, had Touma Full Throttle and medium lance skill, and two more Fluxes to beat him. I don't know how you actually beat him otherwise with him guarding the adds, blocking physical and magic attacks, and getting healed. Itsuki was level 34, Touma and Kiria 32.

Edit: Apparently the game's 8 chapters, not including the prologue. Makes sense, seems like it's a full party after halfway.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

But my heart says Touma

I believe there are a total of 16 master seals available, so you will be able to get everyone to every class.

Wait wait wait...you end up being able to change classes? Does this mean you can change to get different kinds of skills and wield different weapons? Or do you stick with the same weapons?

• Options

But my heart says Touma

Wait wait wait...you end up being able to change classes? Does this mean you can change to get different kinds of skills and wield different weapons? Or do you stick with the same weapons?

Same weapons

After chapter 3 you can start promoting your mirages to the advanced versions of their classes and start crafting more powerful weapons for them

• Options
    edited July 2016
    You get exactly enough seals to class change each character twice, barring getting more in the lottery or whatever.

So you can get the skills from both classes without doing anything special

Maddoc on
  • Options

But my heart says Touma

Same weapons

After chapter 3 you can start promoting your mirages to the advanced versions of their classes and start crafting more powerful weapons for them

Ah, so it's pretty much Fire Emblem-type Promotions then. Got it.

• Options
    Just started Kiria's second side story. That jumbled-together rant with literal explosion aura is hilarious as she says she'll kill herself, kill Maiko, then for no reason at all she'll kill Touma too because why not.

This is gonna be good.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Maiko's first side quest
    Did I see nails in that dirt? That hangover cure dirt?

• Options
    Maiko's first side quest
    Did I see nails in that dirt? That hangover cure dirt?

How else is she supposed to get her daily value of Iron?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I wish the game had actual romances.

But I want every game to have romances.

All aboard the Maiko train.

Just finished Chapter 1 and Itsuki you fool.

• Options
    Out of curiosity, I decided to look into exactly which skills are only available to each character via their Arena weapon (And thus only available in New Game+) so that I knew which skills I would potentially never actually have access to, since I dunno if I'll bother with NG+
    Itsuki - Thoron, Elec High Mastery, Repel Elec
    Tsubasa - Excalibur, Force High Mastery, Repel Force
    Touma - Repel Fire
    Kiria - Fimbulvetr, Ice High Mastery, Repel Ice
    Ellie - Debilitate, Repel Elec
    Mamori - Diarahan, Makarakarn, Repel Ice, Shield of Affection
    Yashiro - True Counter, Repel Fire

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    NOT MAKARAKARN!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I didn't even know there was a NG+ in TMS.

This discussion has been closed.