As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Farming Simulator] FS 17 Out Now!

DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
edited October 2016 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK7NAXO-eJ0

Farming Simulator Official Website
Steam Store Page

WOT IS FARM SIMZ M8TE?
Farming Simulator 15 invites you into the challenging world of a modern day farmer. Take on all the challenges of farming life, including working with animals (cows, chicken and sheep), cultivating your land and harvesting crops.

Manage and grow your own farm within a huge open world, including an all-new Nordic environment.

Features:
  • Over 100 vehicles and tools
  • Over 40 licensed brands including New Holland, Case IH, Deutz-Fahr, Ponsse and many more
  • Discover the freedom of woodcutting,with all new tools and equipment
  • Play with your friends on the Internet in 16-player multiplayer mode

New to this year's edition is LOGGING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8POY6gHeM

Dirtyboy on

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If I had a video game driving license it would have been revoked a long time ago.

?.png

No rest for the wicked greedy.

Must. Own. All. The. Things.

?.png

I am really bad at this.

?.png

Bought this beast finally:

?.png

Cutting trees like a boss.

?.png

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    played a bit of this with @‌CorriganX really looking forward to diving back in to the farming life.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Oh man. I have a tree farm bordering my property, and this is silly stuff. I love it, but I guess it's like watching ER when you are a nurse, it just ain't gonna jive. The big issue is that everything is too clean. FAR too clean.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Yeah, farms are made of dirt, primarily.

webguy20 wrote: »
    Oh man. I have a tree farm bordering my property, and this is silly stuff. I love it, but I guess it's like watching ER when you are a nurse, it just ain't gonna jive. The big issue is that everything is too clean. FAR too clean.
    Vehicles and equipment get quite dirty, I just prefer to powerwash everything between jobs.

?.png

What happens when you get in too much of a rush to drop off about $150k in logs:

?.png

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Picked this up in the Steam sale and am really enjoying it. It's a decent improvement over the previous iterations.

What's the best way to make money, especially early game? I'm currently just working my starting field with wheat. I upgraded my sower, bought a sprayer, and got a bigger tipper. I'm currently sitting at around 100k monies and not sure where to invest. Should I get a new field or get some different equipment? Should I just plant canola since it sells for the most or spread it out?

The euro map has coins hidden across it and when you find them all it gives you a significant bump (coin locations on map show up after you find first ten). Logging can pay huge amounts but takes some patience as loading/transporting/unloading can be time consuming and just outright pain in the ass at times. One full sized trailer load of logs can net about $400k if you dump them by train and not in log pond.

When I started out I focused on canola. I sold off some of the slower/extra equipment right off the bat and reinvested the amount into faster tractors and then bought a truck-trailer combo to speed up deliveries. It was pretty slow for awhile until I stumbled upon how lucrative logging is and now I have all the high end toys.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks. Sounds like I should look into logging then. I bought the cheapest front loader and have been doing some pallet fork and mowing missions which helps. I think farming will be better once I upgrade my harvester. It sucks having to babysit it with the tipper, in addition to the smaller harvesting width.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    So I guess this is the thread where I post DIS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I really really really want this game, but they just have a model that makes it hard for me, where it seems they release the base game then DLC for two years, then next game, which is at odds with how I want to buy my games as a GOTY with all the dlc and no future investmen.t

I think they alternate years between PC and mobile releases. The DLC is pretty much just new equipment. But yeah, I get you on the GOTY thing. It just hasn't bothered me with the Farming Simulator series since I don't consider the DLC a core part of the game. The sell a DLC pack for 2013, if that helps.

One thing I wish the series had is a way point system for workers. They've improved their field working quite a bit since 2011, but it sucks having to do all of the driving yourself. I'd like to tell a tractor to drive to the store while I drive another to go mow or something, then tell the mower to drive back to the farm while I drive the tractor at the store, etc. I probably should start buying something cheap to leave around places like the job board and animal farms so I can warp there if needed.

Yeah some of the fields are poorly designed as they put non-movable objects like fences and houses too close to edges and your AI workers get stuck on them trying to turn around.

Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Yeah some of the fields are poorly designed as they put non-movable objects like fences and houses too close to edges and your AI workers get stuck on them trying to turn around.

Same with roads with traffic. I'm playing the US map and there's a road running by the starter field that can cause my workers to get in a staring match with traffic. They do seem to recover well once they finally muscle past, but it seems an odd decision to put traffic that close in the first place.

There are maps by modders that have been updated for 2015 but I haven't tried any of them out yet.

edited January 2016
    Anyone interested in starting up a private server? Gameservers.com has them for about $1 per slot (minimum order is 8 slots and goes up to 16). We could set up a clan play page with it so anyone that plays on it that would like to contribute has a way to donate. Would probably use a custom map and a couple mods (not going full automation) plus some mod vehicles.

Farming Sim base game is currently $9.99 until the 4th ($17.99 for Gold edition which includes expansion)

Streamer Bwana playing multiplayer that gives example of what the game is like.

Dirtyboy on
  • quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    I love me some rapeseed! So delicious.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    it's so much less enticing without dubstep

5gsowHm.png
    OUT NOW!

Happy-farmer-2-300x199.jpg