Options

[Overwatch] Release: May 24th / Animated shorts coming this Spring!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    There is no way to join a game as a group yet right?

You can group with friends before you start a the matchmaker and then it will put all of you into the same match. Absolutely.

If that's what you mean.

Ya, I couldn't see anything anywhere to group up or create a party or anything. I guess I'll try to be less blind.

Social menu! Press O.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I watched a stream of a 6 man team playing and the matchmaking seemed to always match them up with another team of very similar skill level. That was nice to see coming from Destiny's very hit or miss matchmaking.

I'd love to try and get an organized group going with PA people sometime during the beta if anyone would be up for that.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've been running around as mostly a 2 or 3 with Mazzyx and Kedinik.

We got quite a few good matches in last night. But after a particular stomping we noticed it had matched us against fellas with like double our levels. Meaning they had been play A LOT more than us. I guess that was probably some sort of MMR adjustment since we were grouped. But it wasn't even close.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Jeff Kaplan said that cross-regional play is (sorta) working now, in the sense that you can change your account to a different region to play together with people there, and your cosmetic unlocks will transfer properly.

I don't think there's actual cross-region matchmaking.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yes, team, Genji is the "supr cool omg420 illidan bro" of Overwatch, but I don't think we need 3 of him on our team. Oh, and two Soldier 76's on top of that?

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna step ou--- *runs*
    This hasn't been my normal matchmaking experience, but it frightens me when it happens because I feel the frequency will only increase as the beta pool grows and release approaches.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    *picks Genji*

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    I actually do like Genji, but mostly just for the Deflect ability. But I like winning more, so I'm usually playing a tank of some sort.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think with the recent balance changes, every hero is pretty damn viable.

Good team diversity is a must, though, unless you are trying out some premade cheese strat for shits and giggles. 6 Winstons? Okay, go nuts!

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Genji seems strong on maybe about half the maps, but it does often seem best to pick a tank and sit on the objective.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yes, team, Genji is the "supr cool omg420 illidan bro" of Overwatch, but I don't think we need 3 of him on our team. Oh, and two Soldier 76's on top of that?

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna step ou--- *runs*
    This hasn't been my normal matchmaking experience, but it frightens me when it happens because I feel the frequency will only increase as the beta pool grows and release approaches.

No team needs four Snipers #TF2Blues

488W936.png
  • Options
    I see this more often than not. Must be doing something right.

CbCdspkWcAAWKpX.jpg:large

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Pressa dat Q button

• Options
    I like Zenyatta and Lucio a lot. They can both heal without having to stay glued to someone's ass like Mercy, though Mercy does way better single-target healing to compensate.

And Zenyatta can dish out a surprising amount of damage too, especially if he's managed to tag someone with Orb of Discord. I've dished out plenty of surprise balls-to-the-face because I saw my poor victim about to peek a corner.

• Options
    I'll stream a couple of rounds, probably playing a lot of support.

https://beam.pro/EchoPlays/

• Options
    Whew. Final game went to C point on Lijiang Tower. I was in the zone with Zarya and racked up a 15 kill streak and blasted fools left and right.

Then some random Punkrat stole the PotG.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hmm, I guess you don't get XP for practicing vs. the AI. Ah well.

Versus AI games, yes. Practice, no.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Been nice to have this back.

Played a good amount the last few days.

Soldier:76 is becoming my boy for offense and defense. He is just such a good all around character. Had some pretty amazing potg with him and a good Zarya. I also love the heal. Just so good. His ult is pretty fantastic as well. Even if it is kind of boring.

I also am really liking Winston for the control maps. He is just so good at it. Also he does really good damage. More than I remember. His ult is so much fun to fling people off the map with.

Sadly I just can't get back into Tracer. I love her to death but I am feeling much less effective than I use to be during the open beta weekend. I did get a nice potg pose. I think it feels like her guns run out of ammo much to fast right now. It just means I can't finish people off like I use to.

Oh also started playing Mercy just because I got the amazing Valkyrie skin. It is so cool looking. I am effective I just don't find her exciting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I also am really liking Winston for the control maps. He is just so good at it. Also he does really good damage. More than I remember. His ult is so much fun to fling people off the map with.

On that note, Lucio on Linjiang. So much fun staying near the entry points where you can blast people off the map.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Echo wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

On that note, Lucio on Linjiang. So much fun staying near the entry points where you can blast people off the map.

Lucio seems weak to me on Linjiang.

It's just, in my experience of playing with or against Lucios, a great map for overwhelming his healing by concentrating DPS into the narrow spaces in and around the control points.

kedinik on
  • Options
    Though in fairness I hadn't seen much push-people-off-the-map play :P

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Soldier: 76 was the single biggest surprise in the game to me

He's so much fun to play and he can do everything

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Man playing mercy is so mechanically unrewarding in this, despite being super fun

Clutch revive of a pharah on target B of an attack match to keep overtime going to ultimately win us the game

Not even a card :(

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Just saw a dude at level 39. Talk about poopsocking.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Man playing mercy is so mechanically unrewarding in this, despite being super fun

Clutch revive of a pharah on target B of an attack match to keep overtime going to ultimately win us the game

Not even a card :(

I kind of feel the same with Mercy. Clutch heals right now don't get a lot of recognition.

Played some Genji tonight. He is pretty fun. Not once but twice killed McCree with his own ult using the deflection.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Had a series of really good games tonight, and got the Sigrùn legendary skin for my Mercy and MVP as Mercy (People actually thanked me for healing in chat. Made my day).

Played a game with someone level 42, and I'm starting to see a lot more people in the high teens and twenties. I'm just shy of 10 with just over 4 hours of playtime.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Just saw a dude at level 39. Talk about poopsocking.

Or account sharing.

• Options
    I'd really like to see some basic deathmatch mode - people just beating the shit out of eachother for the sake of doing it, like the olden days. No fancy map gimmicks.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I'd really like to see some basic deathmatch mode - people just beating the shit out of eachother for the sake of doing it, like the olden days. No fancy map gimmicks.

I do not understand why this has not become a thing in TF2. Like, King of the Hill is essentially Deathmatch, but not really.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    This is from the old beta; I'm finally getting around to uploading clips as I have a few killer ones from the last couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyCFLBVQb4

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    After playing more Im starting to zero in on characters I play.

Mei and Roadhog are my main jam.

People are confused when I'm out dmg blocking Reinhardt those walls are absurdly useful.

But I will say I played with the absolutely worst team ever tonight. I was on Kings Row defence and after the semi decent first phase my team decided to retreat to the entrance of the factory and hold up there giving the attackers a free 2/3rd's of the map to them.

If my kiddos weren't around there would of been so much swearing.

• Options
    Fun fact: McCree can stun Reinhardt out of his charge.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Roadhog can also hook him mid-charge.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Ugh, first legendary crate in 20 boxes and it's the Wolf skin for Hanzo - my absolute worst hero. Literally any other hero could have been fine.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I never really got into TF2 or League of Legends, but I'm sure I'll be playing this when it comes out. The Monday Night Combat feel of it just draws me in.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Need further experimentation to verify whether Lucio can blast him back or not.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Still haven't received in an invite yet. Has anyone here gotten in within the last few days? I'm wondering if they are done sending invites.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2016
    My Widowmaker experince is that I do well for the first quarter of the game, and then struggle to even get body shots

Please cut match times by 75%

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

Need further experimentation to verify whether Lucio can blast him back or not.

I believe Lucio can shift him off his charge track, but it doesn't end the charge. I'm only 90% sure on this.

This is my best minute of play in the entirety of the new beta phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2ageNE5dg

The Lucio right next to me? HE got Play of the Game instead of me. When I said I wanted to see more Support PotGs, this is not what I meant =)

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmmm.. I have yet to get Gibraltar or Temple of Anubis in any of my games yet.

Is that just really bad luck or is there something going on there?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FerrousFerrous Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I have yet to get Gibraltar or Temple of Anubis in any of my games yet.

Is that just really bad luck or is there something going on there?

Bad luck I suppose. I have gotten both of those.

This discussion has been closed.