Options

[Doctor Who] Follow, subscribe and eat the rich

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    28071155_2260641087283239_491017674393116356_o.jpg?oh=0568078f2c4d77052978956343fdff63&oe=5B03F64A
    https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/photos/a.182096918471010.52777.127031120644257/2260641087283239/
    Jodie attended the BBC Worldwide Annual Showcase event yesterday and wanted to express how much she enjoyed looking at all your brilliant Doctor Who fan art on display there!

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    A #MeToo moment unfolds at Gallifrey One.

The good kind of #MeToo moment, that is. Rachel Talalay was on the all-woman panel and described her experience here.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I haven’t watched the latest Christmas special but man did the end of season ten let me down hard. As an exit for capaldi and for bill and gomez as well. Just really, really abrupt and not good.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    It's not Capaldi's exit. It was supposed to be Bill's exit, although she ended up coming back in the Christmas Special, but as it was originally intended - yeah, kind of meh. I thought Missy's exit was pretty great though. Forcing her past self to regenerate into her and then getting shot in the back by him is Peak Master.

• Options
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    It's not Capaldi's exit. It was supposed to be Bill's exit, although she ended up coming back in the Christmas Special, but as it was originally intended - yeah, kind of meh. I thought Missy's exit was pretty great though. Forcing her past self to regenerate into her and then getting shot in the back by him is Peak Master.
    I don't mind the concept in general, but if they were going to get rid of Missy they needed to make the entire season about her growth/change. They needed at least one adventure that didn't end immediately in her death. It felt incredibly rushed after spending most of the season with her in a box.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Christopher Eccleston is talking more about why he left Doctor Who. Sadly, it's more or less what's always been rumoured, which is a toxic working relationship with the people running the show - including Russell T Davies. Although, reading between the lines, his problem with RTD seems to be his inaction in resolving the conflicts other people were creating.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That seems in poor taste

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Season 11 titles (unofficial - for now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvD-gaxDj0I

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    It’s the New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield theme arrangement! I love that one.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Christopher Eccleston is talking more about why he left Doctor Who. Sadly, it's more or less what's always been rumoured, which is a toxic working relationship with the people running the show - including Russell T Davies. Although, reading between the lines, his problem with RTD seems to be his inaction in resolving the conflicts other people were creating.

He always sets about shitting on any project he participates in after it completes....he really seems to be a miserable person.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    FCBD is coming up, and 13 makes her official comics debut.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    The next River Song audio series will change the pace a little. Instead of encountering a past Doctor, she’ll encounter literally four different Masters: crispy Master, War Master, Missy (in her first audio appearance) and... the TV movie Master somehow?!? Like, it’s the first time Eric Roberts has played the Master since 1996.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Eric Roberts must have blown through that A Talking Cat?!? cash

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's something about them actually bringing in Eric Roberts that makes me smile

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Cyvros wrote: »
    The next River Song audio series will change the pace a little. Instead of encountering a past Doctor, she’ll encounter literally four different Masters: crispy Master, War Master, Missy (in her first audio appearance) and... the TV movie Master somehow?!? Like, it’s the first time Eric Roberts has played the Master since 1996.

That sounds like fun.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Reporter: So Russell, Christopher Eccleston has been saying some disparaging things about your time together on Doctor Who...

Russell T Davies: Please, I have nothing but respect for Chris, and I won't get into a public tit-for-tat with my former lead actor.

*takes long draw on cigarette, exhales*

I tell you what though, he's no Hugh Grant.

Butler on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Reporter: So Russell, Christopher Ecclestone has been saying some disparaging things about your time together on Doctor Who...

Russell T Davies: Please, I have nothing but respect for Chris, and I won't get into a public tit-for-tat with my former lead actor.

*takes long draw on cigarette, exhales*

I tell you what though, he's no Hugh Grant.
    Chris is never coming back is he? He's by far my favorite Doctor. Nobody's done humourous nihilism like him since. I thought Capaldi would be like him, and I did love Capaldi, but gosh 9 setup a series that just never delivered for me. I love Doctor Who for what it is now, but what I thought it would be back when it rebooted is drastically different tone wise. That's not a bad thing. I just miss my Doctor.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Deleted.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Deleted.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    When these forums break they break hard. Sorry folks.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    On the bright side, your forum name has never been more appropriate!

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Update: Here's a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VjP9-Dw-Rs

And here's the schedule

Including The Talons of Weng Chiang is... not the choice I'd have made.

Butler on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Pretty cool :^:

Ive never seen any of the classic episodes. I don't think I'll end up liking them, but it'll be cool to have them available.

Hopefully twitch wont run a ton of ads and it'll be more like the Mr Rogers Marathon(s), which I loved.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe some of the really early stuff, but Tom Baker goofing it up seems like it would age pretty well.

• Options
    Including The Talons of Weng Chiang is... not the choice I'd have made.

You could almost say it's an... inscrutable choice.
    As a mixed Asian womanperson, Talons is such a guilty fave of mine. A few years ago, I told @Apocalyptus "Hey, you have to watch this, it's great!" and she came back saying "I feel racist watching this."

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    (Crossposting from D&D)

Word on the street is trailer coming in June 18th, no official confirmations yet but this is highly plausible timing

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    THAT IS A DAY THAT IS NOT TODAY UNACCEPTABLE UNACCEPTABLE

• Options
  • Options

Hmm bit of a commute but it seems worth it

• Options
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    extremely ready to be mortally wounded by doctor who's historically inaccurate portrayal of king james i

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    A clip from what seems like the first episode of next season got leaked (or perhaps 'leaked') online, which you can find here. Someone also put up a couple of pictures of the new Doctor with her Sonic Screwdriver. Boxed for obvious spoiler-protection.
    GLuxTor.jpg

Guess she's a fan of Count Dooku.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Oooh no.
    Thays an unfortunate shape for the first female doctors sonic screwdriver

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Oooh no.

To be fair...
    ...any design for the SS would likely have been seen as an unfortunate shape if they kept to how it's been since the new series started. Hopefully they'll acknowledge it quickly and then move on.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That is... a particularly bad one

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Oooh no.

To be fair...
    ...any design for the SS would likely have been seen as an unfortunate shape if they kept to how it's been since the new series started. Hopefully they'll acknowledge it quickly and then move on.
    I dont know the smooth design as opposed to the others more lightsaberish chunky outline really makes it more apparent.
    Id rather it not be mentioned at all in series. I would like the prop department to be a bit more self aware though