As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

College Interview

VBakesVBakes Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, I have an interview on the 18th of this month at the Art Institute of New Englandm, they want me to bring my sketchbook. Now, Ill be the first to admit that my sketches arent amazing, but I was wondering for those of you who have experience with these things what quality of work do these places usually look for? And also how much much should I bring to show them?

Therman Murman?......Jesus.
VBakes on

• Options
    HiredGunHiredGun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll defer to others on the art issues, but don't forget all the general advice for college interviews: dress well. Present yourself confidently. Be able to relate your academic goals with career and life goals - how is going to the Art Institute of New England going to contribute essentially to your future?

Make sure also to acquaint yourself with the school before your interview. It does wonders to be able to convince your interviewer that attending his school is particularly important to you.

HiredGun on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You could also try asking at the Artist's Corner here, but don't make a new topic (unless said new topic has art in it ;)), just ask in the Questions or Chat topic ;)

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    crakecrake Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A well balanced portfolio will usualy consist of 3 examples of 3 different styles. Try not to go over 10 pieces total, if you're unable to get any information saying otherwise from the college. Some colleges actually post on their website what they're looking for in a portfolio. Don't be afraid to track down someone from the department and ask! They're teachers - they want you to succeed.

crake on