As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Automata Silverside: Thursday, November 20th, 2014 - Page 10

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
i-p7DpV7M-X3.jpg
Assault and battery

YL9WnCY.png

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Shit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    that's new D:

Someone damaged her eyes so Regal couldn't see em as red?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I get he returned to Betty's apartment to attempt an investigation, but why did he have the foresight to bring a weapon?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out; he brought it in case he got jumped again. Not for Betty and Pearl.

GDT1985 on
  • Options
    He says he "doesn't want to be right" tho - he was expecting trouble.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    FWIW, on page 5, Pearl's eyes are green.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    So has Automata as a whole been following an overarching story that I'm not picking up on? The first storyline was about random killings being triggered by clickwise commands hidden in music, the second was that one about the dead prostitute bot n' her john, and Silverside is the third, right?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    So far it seems like the Automata strips each bring up a separate mystery, but they never actually solve the mystery, because solving the mystery isn't the point of the comic. I feel like the mystery and film noir-era detective setting is just dressing to explore Sam, Carl, and the way people are interacting with the robots.

• Options
    scotty2haughtyscotty2haughty Registered User regular
    Automata is, by far, my favorite side-project by Penny-Arcade. I could read comics like this all day.

• Options
    foodlefoodle Registered User regular
    Science nitpick: there should not be arcing across the teeth of the battery cable clamp. The clamp is connected to one terminal of the battery. There could be arcing between the two clamps (positive and negative), but not across the teeth of the same clamp.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    He says he "doesn't want to be right" tho - he was expecting trouble.

It seems clear that his hunch is that the ladies are responsible for the killing of the johns.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Or one of them, at least.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    So has Automata as a whole been following an overarching story that I'm not picking up on? The first storyline was about random killings being triggered by clickwise commands hidden in music, the second was that one about the dead prostitute bot n' her john, and Silverside is the third, right?

I really, really dig Automata. It hits so many of my buttons.

But I do wish the plot was tighter sometimes. I think this one's the strongest one yet, but I'm really hoping it can stick the landing.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I'd say it's Pearl having memory leaks of the politician.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    foodle wrote: »
    Science nitpick: there should not be arcing across the teeth of the battery cable clamp. The clamp is connected to one terminal of the battery. There could be arcing between the two clamps (positive and negative), but not across the teeth of the same clamp.
    Science nitpick: sentient robots with eyes that change color depending on their level of sentience.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I'd say it's Pearl having memory leaks of the politician.

or betty getting revenge for pearl's sake! it's vague for now, to keep us in

suspense

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

It's fine, the battery is probably like some alternate universe robot-science battery that works differently.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Science nitpick: sentient robots with eyes that change color depending on their level of sentience.
    I don't see how that's any stranger than humans' various hardwired emotional tells, actually. Only difference with robots is that they're designed by us, for our ease of use.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Do you suspect the Foundry are blue or green?

Have we seen any greens yet?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Do you suspect the Foundry are blue or green?

Have we seen any greens yet?

When we first see Pearl here, her eyes are green, as she's been "flashed."

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Additionally, it's suggested the bots who attacked them (who had blue eyes) were Foundry.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I am guessing we don't see any other greens in Silverside because it seems to be a sort of slum for pre-law intelligent Automata. The newer greens are probably much more common elsewhere, serving as butlers and laborers and whatever.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Their processors can only run at 3/5ths power.

• Options
    FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    I just want to know what Regal ended up being "right" about.