As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suddenly, [chat]

DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tieAhhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
You would think after having gotten tapped by Robot Santa to make the previous few [chat]s, only to have some OCD post 100 jerk snatch my birthright away, that i'd have a [chat] loaded up and ready to go.

you would be wrong.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I would think that, yes.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    kill count: 1

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    worst OP ever

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Icetrays

poo
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Like rain on your wedding day

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I wouldn't

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    If I ever have to make a chat, it would look like this.

We'll let Lud make the margarita jokes when he gets here.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    deebs why was this not late night tasting [chat]

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Its not cism shimura was just toadlike

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    little shop of horrors one of my favorite musicals

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shame on you Deebs.

Shame.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    you guys think the internet is gonna go batshit for the last episode of serial. i think tomorrow's is the penultimate.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

agree x 100

can we duet skidrow

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Is it still racist if you say a white person looks like a monkey

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

It is pretty great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

*taps chin thoughtfully*

didn't you just say a japanese guy had a frog-face

*continues tapping chin*

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

*taps chin thoughtfully*

didn't you just say a japanese guy had a frog-face

*continues tapping chin*

Is that a racist stereotype of Japanese people? I remember Steinbrenner calling hideki irabu a fat toad but I thought that had just been a mean thing to say

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Vanguard wrote: »

i was legit thinking of making it "Stolen Umbrella [Chat]" because some fuck stole my $30 umbrella that I would have happily loaned out.

For my mental health, i should probably let it go.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

i was legit thinking of making it "Stolen Umbrella [Chat]" because some fuck stole my $30 umbrella that I would have happily loaned out.

@Donkey Kong‌ broke my big gay umbrella last night

we used it as an extended metaphor

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

flipped pillow chat

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Elldren‌
    Kenneth Hite presents THE CARMILLA SANCTION, another case file taken from the vaults of Operation Edom. In 1955, as British occupation of Austria comes to an end, your team arrives in the remote province of Styria with a simple mission: terminate the Countess Carmilla Karnstein. If you can find her. If she hasn't already made powerful friends. If that's really your mission...

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Reposting because I love Wriggly

e23mtXo.jpg?1

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Guys I have the most first world problem

Server room air is too dry and it's interfering with how well I can browse my phone because the touchscreen is not registering my finger properly.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Excuse me but that umbrella was born broken and sinful.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    On the subject of cultivating tastes for certain types of movies.

I think beyond subject, some folks don't want to deal with the kind of emotions that some movies are trying to evoke. My wife's example is always Slingblade. She thought the movie was excellent. And will tell other people it was a great movie. But she hated watching it and will never watch it again. Because she doesn't want to watch a movie that makes her sad. I don't think I would ever be able to cultivate an enjoyment of movies that evoke that sort of emotion. Cause it's beyond subject or movie techniques.

I, myself, love having different emotions evoked by film. Sometimes its a bit too much (First 30 min of Up, Grave of the Fireflys). But for the most part I can watch movies like this and enjoy them.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

e23mtXo.jpg?1

You should really fix that cat-shaped hole in your floor.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

flipped pillow chat

that didn't bother me none. Accidents happen and that's ok. Stolen umbrella pisses me off. Im just going to assume it was one of Raz's friends/cousins. It's either that or I organize events with everyone to see which motherfucker jacked my 'brella until I am consumed by my need for revenge.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

That last one is weird and strikes me as "people don't understand how taxes work" unless they have a flat tax system.

So if you earn $25,000 and $26,000 sends you into a higher tax threshold, it'd just be that last $1000 that gets taxed higher, earning more income always nets you more money than you have before, I'm assuming there's no hard cap on how much income you can pull in, just that you move between brackets for money over a certain percent.

It's not like the full other $25,000 gets taxed at the higher percentage.

It'd be stupid if countries operated on that, because everyone would just work the bare minimum and try to only get raises if it put them halfway through the bracket.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh hey guys I got this really swanky new umbrella Saturday night. I don't remember where I found it, but when I woke up I was impressed at its sturdy make.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I don't know what it is about Cass' cat.

Like, I've seen black cats. I've owned black cats.

But Wriggly is like anti-matter. It's like a hole in time and space.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

He's a pretty cool special effects guy.

• Options

Excuse me but that umbrella was born broken and sinful.

it was okay i sheltered you under my straight functional unbroken umbrella

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »

That last one is weird and strikes me as "people don't understand how taxes work" unless they have a flat tax system.

So if you earn $25,000 and $26,000 sends you into a higher tax threshold, it'd just be that last $1000 that gets taxed higher, earning more income always nets you more money than you have before, I'm assuming there's no hard cap on how much income you can pull in, just that you move between brackets for money over a certain percent.

It's not like the full other $25,000 gets taxed at the higher percentage.

It'd be stupid if countries operated on that, because everyone would just work the bare minimum and try to only get raises if it put them halfway through the bracket.

Oh definitely. But I think a whole lot of people actually do not understand that.

Which is what is fueling a rise in dumb US-inspired libertarianism in Danish politics.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    This is why I have like a stack of < $5 umbrellas, I can just give them away when its raining.

You could have another 5 umbrellas right now in this same case, or 6 if they didn't want a basic bitch umbrella. #CheapIsTheftProof

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    man penguin cafe orchestra is so fucking good

best accidental discovery ever

and i'm still mad for not buying them on vinyl for $5 when i had the chance

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

e23mtXo.jpg?1

You should really fix that cat-shaped hole in your floor.

no dont anger him he'll tear a hole in space-time

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about Cass' cat.

Like, I've seen black cats. I've owned black cats.

But Wriggly is like anti-matter. It's like a hole in time and space.

dude sometimes i will be looking at wriggly with my eyes and he becomes a blur

This discussion has been closed.