As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Weather For PAX

Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Seeing as I'm on a roll and I'm totally fucking spastic about PAX and the Supertrip, I'm just gonna do this as a service.

According to the Weather Channel, the weather for the weekend of PAX is going to be partly cloudy, with highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Earlier today, it was forecasted to be rain, but now it seems the forecast has changed a bit, and is showing to be rainless.

Just in case, bring a light coat or something with a hood, and an umbrella.

edit: removed the images, they were broken.

Red Machine D on

• Options
    RedBeastMageRedBeastMage Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Well, its official. You are the fucking man. I was gonna ask someone how the weather is out there, since I'm too lazy to go look on the weather channel of shit like that. Well, thanks alot.

RedBeastMage on
    I swear, I'm retiring from any game with the word 'Revolution" in the title. I must be the only person who breathed a sigh of relief at not being called for the Omegathon this year.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    Damn! That chill in the summer? I am DEFINITELY moving up there. I've been melting in my own skin down here in Texas-land. At least I know not to show up in a pair of shorts and no shirt.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Lows in the upper 50's?
    Damn, I guess I'll have to bring me a jacket.

Dysphoria on
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited August 2004
    there isn't rain anymore

:O

i'm gonna just show up in tshirt and shorts. if it's cold or rains, i've been through worse.

Whippy on
  • Options
    DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Crazy Florida people (such as myself) need to wear warm clothes if the temperature falls below 70.

Dysphoria on
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited August 2004
    just wear the vegetable hat, and all shall be fine.

Whippy on
  • Options
    Evil Right Wing HenchmanEvil Right Wing Henchman Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    its been raining all week here people, its washington

Evil Right Wing Henchman on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    Damn, that is some freaking cold, even for a Canadian!

I'll bring my parka.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    sPider817 wrote:
    Damn! That chill in the summer? I am DEFINITELY moving up there. I've been melting in my own skin down here in Texas-land. At least I know not to show up in a pair of shorts and no shirt.

Actually, this weather just started two days ago. Surprisingly, this has been one of the hottest and dryest summers on record in Seattle. We've been averaging mid 80s for all of July and August.

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Wait.... what's that in celcius? I'm lost.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Andwarf wrote:
    Wait.... what's that in celcius? I'm lost.

subtract 32 and divide by 2 (approximate)

so...70f is 19c
    50f is 9c

Ninto on
  • Options
    kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    its not that cold. but it has been raining for the past couple days here, so be ready.

you can get away with shorts [since we will be inside ALL the time] and maybe a light jacket.

once nice thing about the Maydenbouueururyye Center is that there is a balcony, so you can step out and cool off from melting in front of a screen.

kole on
  • Options
    NightingaleNightingale Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    It means highs around 20-23 degrees cels and lows around 12-15 or so. (the forecast keeps changing for the weekend, they keep expecting this cold front to move out and for the partly cloudy/scattered showers shall turn to more sun and more warm). Looks like they're predicting mid-70's for highs and lows around mid-to-high-50's.

And yeah, it has been rather warm lately over here, we had some 100+ degree weather in portland this summer which is kind of unusual, the rain has just recently come back.

Yah, no more sun until June o.o; ..maybe ;P

Nightingale on
    finalnightsig.jpg
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yeah. The summer has been damn hot here in oregon. I'm glad for all the rain.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    RickPowersRickPowers Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Weather is supposed to stay decent (i.e. No Rain) for the entire weekend.

Contrary to popular myth, it doesn't rain THAT often in Seattle. In fact, we've had some outstanding weather for the most part this summer ... too good, even. The rain we've had recently has been much needed, but it looks like it'll hold for you guys. Not that it matters, PAX is indoors. :)

RickPowers on
    Rick Powers
    IT Director, Senior Editor
    Planet GameCube
    http://www.planetgamecube.com
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    RickPowers wrote:

Contrary to popular myth, it doesn't rain THAT often in Seattle. In fact, we've had some outstanding weather for the most part this summer ... too good, even. The rain we've had recently has been much needed, but it looks like it'll hold for you guys. Not that it matters, PAX is indoors. :)

That's no myth! Are you kidding? What do you call the stuff falling out of the sky all of Autumn, Winter, and Spring? :o

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2004
    RickPowers wrote:

That's no myth! Are you kidding? What do you call the stuff falling out of the sky all of Autumn, Winter, and Spring? :o

Well, sure it mists, sprinkles, showers, drips and drizzles. It very rarely rains. :D

Doc on