As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X

Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
edited July 2018 in Help / Advice Forum
X

Chop Logic on

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Craigslist has a page and some links to deal with that kind of thing. https://www.craigslist.org/about/help/abuse. Reporting might be the way to go, but I have no idea how well craigslist does on stuff like this.

I'm not sure if the NYPD would look into it, to be blunt. They'd probably question you a ton on why you were talking to guys on craigslist to fuck your wife. They shouldn't, 'cause that's your and the Mrs. Chop Logic's business, but cops are cops, and cops have a super shitty track record on sex.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    In my haste perhaps I have been unclear, therefore I have edited my original post.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wow that's terrifying.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I think it's much more likely he was messing with you, or maybe he/she gets off on teasing dudes.

I'd report it through Craigslist, some they'll have more info than the cops.

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Is SVU a real thing or just a TV show?

• Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    my rational mind is saying: Ah this guy is just messing with people. but then i think "holy shit there are definitely people in this world that would do this to someone" and i shudder. i would bet reporting it to Craigslist is all you can really do with the post taken down, they may be able to bring up records on who posted it. but more than likely he had a fake email, and unless he's an idiot, posted it from a public place. although, i don't know if they can run a backtrace on stuff like that, but i would assume so?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my rational mind is saying: Ah this guy is just messing with people. but then i think "holy shit there are definitely people in this world that would do this to someone" and i shudder. i would bet reporting it to Craigslist is all you can really do with the post taken down, they may be able to bring up records on who posted it. but more than likely he had a fake email, and unless he's an idiot, posted it from a public place. although, i don't know if they can run a backtrace on stuff like that, but i would assume so?

If he wasn't using a fake email they'd probably be able to do some research on the person.

If he was, the best you can do is get an ip address, and even then, that means nothing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    if he posted from home, wouldn't his IP address lead there? i would say, nobody in their right mind posting on craigslist about a potential crime would post the ad from their house. But also, nobody in their right mind would post on craigslist asking for dudes to rape his wife.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    if he posted from home, wouldn't his IP address lead there? i would say, nobody in their right mind posting on craigslist about a potential crime would post the ad from their house. But also, nobody in their right mind would post on craigslist asking for dudes to rape his wife.

IPs change frequently on home based internet. He could've also used a proxy. IPs don't lead to much if someone was intent on being malicious.

But yeah there's a good chance that it might just bring you to the right place.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me