As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX South 2015 International Food Exchange (What Is the Caramilk Secret?)

DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat!I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
edited December 2014 in PAX South

Hello, and welcome to the inaugural PAX South International Food Exchange. For you PAX vets, this may be old hat. For those new to PAX though this is a community driven event for the exchange of foods (and drinks) we can't normally have in our home countries; those prepared foods from far away foreign lands (like Canada, the UK, and ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ) that travel well on airplanes. We're fast approaching t-minus 30 days until the glourious gaming event that is PAX, so it seems like a good time to to get this ball rolling.

4721804267_0d53bac172.jpg
You think we're militant about our stash of maple syrup? Canada has a well defended collection of things terrible for you.

Now if still have questions about this exchange, or are just feeling nostalgic, you can check out the past seven exchanges. Fair warning that they are high in fat, calories, sugar, and good times.

The Penny Arcade Expo International Food Exchange - PAX East 2011
The PAX International Food Exchange - PAX Prime 2011
The PAX East 2012 International Food Exchange (now with Retsin!)
The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)
The PAX Prime 2013 International Food Exchange (Do You Eat the Red Ones Last?)
The PAX East 2014 International Food Exchange (The Taste Just Keeps You Comin' Back)
He Likes It! Hey Mikey! PAX International Food Exchange

In the past those threads resulted in many great meet-ups being arranged, and many delicious noms being om'd. Since PAX South is part of the expansion draft, we don't have any official meetup place yet. If there's someone out there familiar with the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Centre and can make a suggestion please do. Keep an eye on this OP for updates. If you can't make the meetup don't worry (be happy), just PM the person you want to meet and arrange time and place.

jaffa-cakes.jpg
Jaffa Cakes are from the UK, and officially sanctioned safety food item. Here's some other brands from around the world.

So what is the point of all this? Well this is the "official" thread for the exchange and delicious foods from all over. This is meant as an open forum to post what delicious noms you are bringing to PAX to share with your unfortunate American cousins, and for our awesome American hosts to make requests. Intra-Commonwealth transactions are also allowed of course. You can make exchanges, offer cash, or in the spirit of the PAX community simply share for the sake of sharing. It's your call. As this has come up in recent years you can also exchange alcohol via this thread, but be aware that drugs and alcohol are not allowed in PAX. You'll have to make other arrangements to swap.

Meet-up place will be posted here if one is arranged.

Note: Please be aware of the laws for importing and exporting foods, both in your country of origin and destination. Links to the four main governing bodies we will be dealing with can be found here. Any others? Suggest them in thread and I'll add them.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
HM Revenue & Customs
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Australian Customs and Border Protection Service

We can also take suggestions as to interesting things to take home, and probe around if a certain delicious nom is or isn't available in great USandA. It's all up to you. Happy trading, and we'll see you at PAX!

*** I hate having to pick on Kinder Surprise every year, but they need to be mentioned. Kinder Surprise is banned from import into the US. The Americans have their own pale imitation of Kinder Surprise now, that manages to exploit a loophole in the law. Real Kinders are still banned, and can result in you having a discussion with someone wearing rubber gloves. ***

cavities.jpg
We have actually had PAXers have their luggage opened and Kinders confiscated. They pose a serious risk to freedom apparently.

Enjoy folks :)

camo_sig2.png
I never finish anyth
Decius on

• Options
    MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    If we have any UK folks coming in I'd love to get my hands on Jaffa Cakes and Hobknobs. Lived in Ireland for a while and loved those treats!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    I don't know if anyone would be interested but I could get some chili covered dried mango and chili covered peanuts. We also have chili lime beer salt. Those are kinda a south thing I never found them when I lived in Wyoming.

• Options
    kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    UK people I would love jelly babies.if anyone wants anything from az let me know

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    So here's the minor haul I'm bringing with me.

AdFzcDll.jpg

Caramilk is already spoken for, but the Aero bars are up for grabs. I'll also be carrying those Dare maple cookies with me, so just ask if you want one or several.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth