As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Even for the [Elite] it is a Dangerous galaxy.

19495969798100»

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Following the colored lines is definitely not what you want to do if you are trading without crowdsourced data. (cheaters! :P )
    I need to repeat this because it needs repeating.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE COLORED LINES!!!!!

The colored lines depict trade routes that are being serviced by the simulation. To make good profits, you need to find a route that is not being serviced by traders (both living and virtual). Do not follow the rainbows of colored lines! There is a pot of lead at at least one end of that rainbow.

actually that's what I did for trading.

Palladium from somewhere to Ho Hsi, probably mentioned it further back in the forum. Was making something ridiculous off of it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Getting a high to high palladium route is great, the trick is finding one where you can get high to high on the way back

• Options
    My most profitable route was gold one way and progenitor cells on the return. It wasn't optimal, but it was pretty good considering I didn't use external sources.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    mine was always gold/palladium one way and imp. slaves back

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    mastman wrote: »
    mine was always gold/palladium one way and imp. slaves back

I see what you did there

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Getting a high to high palladium route is great, the trick is finding one where you can get high to high on the way back

eh

I liked at least having something to pay for fuel on the way back. Trying to find a golden "profits both ways" is usually more trouble than its worth. You're probably better off waiting to stumble onto one of those than actively trying to find one.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »
    I am having a ridiculous amount of difficulty getting started; the starting Fed mission requests things that I have a lot of difficulty finding: Personal Weapons, Combat Stabilisers etc.

I am digging around Anarchic Industrial and High Tech systems and finding nothing.

The best advice for starting out that I have been given so far is to fly to a RES and swipe wanted kills from the cops. It doesn't take long, there's next to zero risk and the payout is usually enough to get up and running in something that's not a Sidewinder in a reasonable amount of time.

For instance, my last run in my Sidewinder netted me 145k Cr in about 40 minutes of swiping kills. LTT 18486 is my favorite spot as there's several RES nearby and both of the stations in the area allow you to redeem bounties. There's a few high tech stations within a small jump range for easy access to upgrades as well. Happy hunting, space cowboy!

This was really helpful! I was able to milk a fair amount of money out of this, and now I'm going to farm that place a little more to up the maneuverability of my new Viper!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShHvHOtdeKw
    Exploration + easy access to social media and editing tools == Let the urban legends commence!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    What ship is that

I'm too spoiled by the Asp, that is entirely too much metal taking up the view.

• Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    What ship is that

I'm too spoiled by the Asp, that is entirely too much metal taking up the view.

Adder.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I was expecting to be greeted with a screamer instead of his cockpit when he went to close the star chart.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I was expecting to be greeted with a screamer instead of his cockpit when he went to close the star chart.

Honestly, I was initially expecting it to be a screamer too but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    I was expecting a piece of toast because it looks like it was recorded on a toaster oven

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Honestly, I was initially expecting it to be a screamer too but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

About midway through I was expecting the ending of the first Dead Space game.

EDIT: But also, I've been continuously surprised there hasn't been "weird" stuff in hyperspace. You've got this big spooky void, if I was a game designer I'd have a guy who's sole job was to add messed sounds and whispers and things to that.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    The new Newsletter is out, with some more Wings info, including a picture of the HUD.

Spoilered for pretty damn big
    Peek.jpg

That's also a Fer de Lance in the right side of that shot.

They're going to give us access to the game's debug camera so we can take external shots of our own ships, finally!
    wings2.jpg

• Options
    Noice! Should also allow for some snazzy fan videos if we have full 6dof camera placement options.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Oh man, I can't wait for wings *bleep* in no small part because it's going to be so awesome talking over in the game comms *bleep*

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I still really want them to include in-game camera modules, and actually science modules. It would be SUPER nifty if explorers could seed areas with actual pieces of machinery that do a thing. Drop a camera on a planet to get started on a wildlife survey, drop a probe near a weird star formation to gather Science.

Like obviously the debug camera will probably work fine for glamour shots, but it would be neat to have gathering images integrate into the game better.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Good time for a new thread

Geth, please close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.