As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SKËTCH's Thing-a-magig! 06/05

2»

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Godfather wrote: »
    Yeah, I think so too. But don't worry, I'm grateful and I still can't believe it myself.

They have a lot of class to prepare ourselves to work in a Game Production environment. It's not a simple 3D program.

This is probably the equivalent of what you just snagged:

http://www.conceptart.org/school/main.shtml

Serves the same exact purpose as the school you're currently going to attend, and pretty much guarantees a surplus of work and involvement in many high-end projects for a good while upon graduation. Although i'm not sure if the school you're going to attend will be as strict as Conceptart.org's Atelier, I can say that you're pretty much going to get the same amount of work and flexibility as it.

Yeah that conceptart.org school looks really amazing. I think I might even apply. Although I'm having trouble figuring out where its located. The location of that other school in Montreal sounds cool. Although I don't know if I would want to go to Montreal, I know it used to have an amazing art/bohemian scene. But I hear in recent the scene is changing a lot and only the shell of the movement is left. Just a town full of posers, not doers. Anyone have a first hand experience?

I'd consider that school a step above a regular university, much how Med school is a leg up on a regular doctrine degree.

You REALLY have to know your shit, because the competition is something fierce. Best of luck though!

Godfather on
  • Options
    SketchTheArtistSketchTheArtist Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I think so too. But don't worry, I'm grateful and I still can't believe it myself.

They have a lot of class to prepare ourselves to work in a Game Production environment. It's not a simple 3D program.

This is probably the equivalent of what you just snagged:

http://www.conceptart.org/school/main.shtml

Serves the same exact purpose as the school you're currently going to attend, and pretty much guarantees a surplus of work and involvement in many high-end projects for a good while upon graduation. Although i'm not sure if the school you're going to attend will be as strict as Conceptart.org's Atelier, I can say that you're pretty much going to get the same amount of work and flexibility as it.

Yeah that conceptart.org school looks really amazing. I think I might even apply. Although I'm having trouble figuring out where its located. The location of that other school in Montreal sounds cool. Although I don't know if I would want to go to Montreal, I know it used to have an amazing art/bohemian scene. But I hear in recent the scene is changing a lot and only the shell of the movement is left. Just a town full of posers, not doers. Anyone have a first hand experience?

I'd consider that school a step above a regular university, much how Med school is a leg up on a regular doctrine degree.

You REALLY have to know your shit, because the competition is something fierce. Best of luck though!

Thanks man! A guy I used to work with in the Testing Studio at Ubisoft Montreal was in the first batch of graduates from the Campus. He did the Level Designer program and was hired while he was still a few weeks aways from graduation. He said that ALL the students are interviewed by Ubisoft Montreal for a job there if they wish. As long as you've got a good attitude, work hard and have a REALLY strong passion for games, he said, they'll hire you! Neat-o.

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    decoy_octopusdecoy_octopus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    @Sketch: That is so hella encouraging, to hear about the job offers. I've been looking at schools to transfer to recently and Montreal sounds very promising.

decoy_octopus on
  • Options
    SketchTheArtistSketchTheArtist Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    @Sketch: That is so hella encouraging, to hear about the job offers. I've been looking at schools to transfer to recently and Montreal sounds very promising.

If you can get around drawing, have good knowledge of games and you can communicate your ideas in a coherent manner, then you have some good chances! Hang around www.campusubisoft.com in a couple of months when they'll announce when will the new inscriptions' going to start for next year. Sadly, the site's only in French plus you kinda need to speak French to get admitted.

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg