As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

1272829303133»

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    GDQ doesn't pay for runners travel and board tho they are using their own money to actually get there and perform.

Yeah that is kind of all encompassing in the "donating their time" portion of it.

They get people to organize the insanity of the event and help have a good place to do it, so I think that might be enough.

If there was an issue with that aspect of it they just wouldn't go. But I think almost anyone would be willing to pay travel and board to play video games in front of hundreds of thousands, even if it wasn't for a great charitable cause.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    For the first time in what feels like a while, they're doing a 100% race of super metroid. After a couple of recent ones going extraordinarly close to coming a gutsa, I'm glad we'll no longer have to endure a panic attack for most of the run.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    For the first time in what feels like a while, they're doing a 100% race of super metroid. After a couple of recent ones going extraordinarly close to coming a gutsa, I'm glad we'll no longer have to endure a panic attack for most of the run.

The reverse boss order run was great though - just the sheer fact that they were able to do it at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »

The reverse boss order run was great though - just the sheer fact that they were able to do it at all.

It was nuts! Not a deathless run, but he came prepared for that so it was all good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Bummed that it seems that patty prolly got banned in the Jak and Daxter fallout as well.

I was hoping that Mr_Weables coop run was going to be with patty as usual, since they've had some really hilarious runs together in the last few years.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Oh I can't wait, the NES block has a bunch of games I really want to see, Cobra Triangle, Street Fighter 2010 also the Final Fantasy race should be entertaining even though it's 4h long. I've played these games so much.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'll have to watch the Furi run, not only because I like the game, but also because my run is back up for it. As cool as it would be to have to do mine, I hope this guy's is better :)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Wow undertale not only in it, but it's the ending.

When I looked for vids of speedruns, there wasn't a large selection. I am guessing they have some interesting things planned for that for it to be the end.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Wow undertale not only in it, but it's the ending.

When I looked for vids of speedruns, there wasn't a large selection. I am guessing they have some interesting things planned for that for it to be the end.

Could just be a choice based on it having been popular and to show off what flawless execution looks like.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Supposedly it has a lot of speedrunner trix

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    The speedrunner trix are basically pulling off really neat looking event skips a lot. But there are also tons of time saver things with individual fights that will be cool to explain.

Still popularity or not, they usually don't end on something without a lot of interesting things to see and talk about.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    For those itching to see what an AGDQ Undertale run could look like, I just watched the runner's submission video and it seems pretty good at explaining stuff. The real tricksy stuff starts at twenty minutes or so, but there's some minor optimization and whatnot even before then.

Also, having watched that, I can kind of see why they'd choose it for a finale. I could see that final boss battle working really well.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    In more general speedrunning news, the venerable Best of NES marathon's going on day two already.

As you might've guessed by the name, it is a marathon dedicated exclusively to old NES games, featuring obscure sleeper hits as well as more renowned classics, and even some less well-regarded games for good measure.

Schedule:

https://horaro.org/bones2016/schedule

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Oh man!
    I wish I would have known there was such a thing earlier. I'll be tuning in.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    What a lovely list. Thanks for linking this.

This discussion has been closed.