Donation comment of the marathon.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    we're a bit behind schedule but up next is PEPSIMAAAAAN

and then glitchless Ocarina of Time which is a whopping 3 hours 45 minutes estimate

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They've been like three hours behind schedule since yesterday

It happens, mostly due to unanticipated set up delays or donation incentives for bonus runs being met.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    they often adjust the schedule on the site dynamically to reflect delays, I mean they haven't yet adjusted those times on that spreadsheet.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    P E P S I M A N

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    that is a really good pepsiman costume

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    is this real life

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    is this real life

its pepsi

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    pepsi for tv game

hahahampgfh

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    is this real life

its pepsi

...man

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    We're entering the final day of the marathon. It goes too fast, I know, but there's some things you may want to look into before they too ride into the sunset with SGDQ 2016.
    • The SGDQ 2016 Humble Bundle - Has a minimum $15 donation, but goes wholly to charity and you can send the money to places besides MSF. Ends Sunday at Noon Eastern
    • YeeTee Shirts - Special shirts featuring games from the marathon. Three bucks of each shirt goes to MSF, and they added a new design halfway through the marathon so give it a look. Usually ends Sunday but their cutoff time seems to vary each year.
    • Grand Prize Raffle - If you donate $50.00 or more, you are entered to win an Xbox One, controller, and Rare Replay game. Also each block/run tends to have specific prizes if you donate during that block/run, so check them out on the site.
    • Animal Bid - Super Metroid is one of the last runs to be performed at GDQ, and the traditional Save vs. Kill bid war for the animals is going strong as usual. You have until the end of the run to vote with your wallet. So what will it be: the frames or your friends?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Not sure I have another multiple hour OoT run in me. Might just go watch some vods of neat stuff I missed while sleeping or working.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    watching that Jak and Daxter VoD was a really good use of two hours, I'd never seen a human being die before.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I feel like Ocarina runners and I have a very different definition of glitchless.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    hahaha this category is the most pick-and-choose about what is "intended" or "an exploit, not a glitch"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I think they just needed a name for the "don't immediately warp from the deku tree to the end" category

• Options
    I think they just needed a name for the "don't immediately warp from the deku tree to the end" category
    They could have just called it "Warpless" and been good to go, but OoT seems like a big speedrunning game and the community is weird.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    It's a little more restrictive than just not using the wrongwarp, there's a bunch of other Ocarina speedrunning categories in between this one and any% "wrong warp from ghoma's exit teleport to just after the ganondorf fight" in terms of things allowed. For example they don't use bottle duplication or the infinite sword glitch in this category, nor do they clip through the door of time, although I feel like that one wouldn't count as a glitch in their definition because you're just using intended movement mechanics that happen to make you go through someplace you're not intended to be able to go through and they've done that in tons of other places so far.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the Jak and Daxter run is a really good way to watch a human man slowly turn into a pile of quivering sweaty goo through sheer force of being annoyed

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Thanks @WeedLordVegeta for unintentionally reminding me this was going on. At least I can catch the last day, though I'll have to go back and catch archives of whatever's worth watching. Apparently there's an Owen Wilson fever dream cameo or something? :P

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    Thanks @WeedLordVegeta for unintentionally reminding me this was going on. At least I can catch the last day, though I'll have to go back and catch archives of whatever's worth watching. Apparently there's an Owen Wilson fever dream cameo or something? :P

wow

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Pretty sure you mean waow there friendo

• Options
    Pikmin seems like a real motherfucker to run. Backup strats on top of backup strats since the game is just mean and it's not like you can just try again.

Of course, I could barely even do anything in that game without losing all my pikmin constantly, so that's impressive all on it's own.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, I've got a good feeling about this trauma center run

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Trauma Center was one of my first DS purchases, if not the first. I think I got through maybe 3 operations. That game was fucking hard.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how traumatic

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Trauma Center was one of my first DS purchases, if not the first. I think I got through maybe 3 operations. That game was fucking hard.

Yea, I beat this game on the Wii and watching it again, I'm not sure how I managed it. I guess it was over a summer while I was in college, so I had plenty of time to run into it.

Oh shit I forgot about the bomb level, hah. Bomb surgery go.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Rising diabetes in the American bomb population is no joke

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

I think for me there was a point very early on when I realised that it was not the kind of game/story that I was looking for, and I tried to press on but just didn't get on with it much further than that.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

I think for me there was a point very early on when I realised that it was not the kind of game/story that I was looking for, and I tried to press on but just didn't get on with it much further than that.

Yup, that's exactly what it was for me. Like, it was hard in a way that I was very much not interested in.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    It was hard in a way I liked and I still didn't get close to finishing it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think any game attempting to simulate surgery should be hard, because surgery is fucking hard. Don't want to make it easy and give people the idea they can give themselves a vasectomy on the cheap.

Or I'm overthinking it because people can't be that dumb! (I'm pretty sure they can)

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I finally saw the momodora run

and naruto and pikachu's adventure to find their car keys featuring own wilson and friends

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I think any game attempting to simulate surgery should be hard, because surgery is fucking hard. Don't want to make it easy and give people the idea they can give themselves a vasectomy on the cheap.

Or I'm overthinking it because people can't be that dumb! (I'm pretty sure they can)

But you're not performing vasectomies though, you're doing weird boss fights against bugs that slice up organs or cover things in weird triangles? I guess I was looking more for, like, Surgeon Simulator but without the emphasis on wonky controls.
    And this isn't to say I think it's a bad game or that people who enjoy it are wrong, it just wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I wish I'd played Trauma Team because I'm pretty sure it lacks the part where the game gets bogged down with the magic virus

• Options
    This is the easiest game I've ever played

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Surgery is actually easier than Trauma Center because you don't have to be your own anesthesiologist and you usually have help if you're operating on multiple sites.

Unless you're vascular

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
This discussion has been closed.