As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I think sunshine is cool and fun but a 3 and a half hour speed run is not

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well the next one is Kingdom Hearts 2 clocking in at an expected 4 hours 30 minutes

... time to call it a night I think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    So uh

I just watched the TAS Block

I...

dear lord in heaven, I knew TASers were awesome but that's just too good.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    It was a 120 shine run though. Any% is less than half that time. I still not a big fan of the game *as a spectator of a speed running title* because Mario 64 is sitting right there man, but AverageTrey is a phenomenal runner and its still super impressive.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Any% kingdom hearts 2 world record is 4 hours 3 minutes.

100% is like 16 fucking hours.

Neither of this feel like "speedruns"

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Well it is - it's just a long distance?
    Speedsprints they ain't

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    That dude is speed running Vanquish with one hand.. Amazing.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oh man, Goldeneye, the nostalgia, I played way too much of this with friends in the day

Does make me miss multiplayer having everyone in same room though.

I remember in grade 11 we all did mushrooms and played 4 player goldeneye, there's pictures of us like somersaulting over each other and dive rolling around, all while 100% fixated on the screen.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    100% runs for 3D platformers are more often than not boring as fuck because you can't abuse a bunch of the glitches in the game. Like Mario 64 Any% is hilarious because it abuses shit like the endless stairway, but 100% doesn't really need to do that.

Looking forward to the day someone makes the mistake of putting a DK64 100% run on the schedule, although I'd be surprised if anyone actually runs that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    100% runs for 3D platformers are more often than not boring as fuck because you can't abuse a bunch of the glitches in the game. Like Mario 64 Any% is hilarious because it abuses shit like the endless stairway, but 100% doesn't really need to do that.

Looking forward to the day someone makes the mistake of putting a DK64 100% run on the schedule, although I'd be surprised if anyone actually runs that.

That would be an after event run. Like, the Thursday two weeks after AGDQ ends. Nothing else is scheduled for that day. No audience remains. Just a man, alone with his own personal demons. Fighting. Losing. Crying.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I've been playing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror recently and I'm wondering if anyone's done a co-op run of that. Unless there's some detail I'm not aware of, everyone could split up and do different bosses.

The required setup would be slightly less crazy than what is used for multiplayer Four Swords Adventures.

EDIT: Turns out it was in AGDQ 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibMeLbZorgs
    I'm glad they're putting the 2+ hour shit in the wee hours of the morning.

Granted, the last days of the marathon are kinda full of long runs, but I do not want to watch four hours of Kingdom Hearts 2.
    I kind of want to watch the KH2 run in case it shows me a way to make the intro sequence not be four hours long
    I'd laugh if the runner just switched to Resident Evil 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZNWqUJuA4

Peewi on
  • Options
    SQUATS, SQUATS, SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS EVERYBODY

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the most impressive thing about multi-hour speedruns is the speedrunner's own endurance

but i don't want to watch a dude endure for three hours

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    There's gonna be some amazing shit at some point considering we're coming up on half of the ETA and they're not out of Midgar yet.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Annnd he just mentioned a FF9 speedrun where there's a boss fight "nine hours in" that might wipe you and there's nothing you can do about it

and when you're talking about a speedrun and using words like "nine hours", maybe take a step back.

sig.gif
  • Options
    taking steps back is just gonna make the run longer

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Naming Aeris "SeanBean" is preeeeeetty good.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Okay yeah that's awesome.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the animals bidding war is insane this year, dang

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    someone please explain the animals thing to me

• Options
    determines if they take the longer route in super metroid to save some animals, which shows up in the ending sequence
    popular bid war

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    when doing the final escape in metroid you can go out of your way to set free some alien animal looking things that are trapped in cages

if you do then they fly off before the planet explodes

or thats how somebody on the stream explained it yesterday

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah it's just a thing that's become tradition because Metroid games have always been built for speedrunning, so it's pretty much always been in these marathons.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also a reminder that, if you want to buy any of those Yetee ADGQ shirts, you have maybe a few days left.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    haha I left the house to move some furniture as they were halfway through the shinra building, come back about an hour later and they're in the ending cinematic

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ahahah this god damn pokemon green run was amazing, the guy doing it knew exactly how to sell it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Man... it'd be awesome if, say, both sides get over 100k, and they keep both emoticons.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    That pokemon guy worked that game for the crowd brilliantly. For a second there I thought he had forgotten what to do.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Tasbot Hype!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    I think tasbot part 2 crashed twitch's chat servers

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    S K Y N E T B O Y S

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

good

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The Betman wrote: »

good
    don't get too happy, they were only down for a minute.

Anyway the best and last runs are coming up: the Super Metroid race, and Runnerguy's blindfolded Ocarina of Time child dungeons, and the 100% Ocarina of Time run. Super looking forward to the blindfolded run, that shit is hilarious to watch him practicing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    someone please explain the animals thing to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdYHQFrPfyI

it is this little diversion you take in the escape sequence before the end, if you shoot the wall there is a tiny second pixel that escapes the explosion if you don't then there isn't that other pixel escape

thus the animals die

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf31vbZO8yo

this is the best moment of any blindfolded run

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    THE RACE IS ON

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's a testament to how great the Metroid music is that I will not get tired of the "you got an item" fanfare over the course of this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf31vbZO8yo

this is the best moment of any blindfolded run

http://www.twitch.tv/tokyoboi808/c/5055929 here's the moment where this dude actually reviews it and finds out what happened

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    my goodness this is a close race, lead has changed a bunch of times so far

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.