As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I had the strangest dream... (dream thread)

123457»

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Skullo wrote: »
    PotU wrote: »
    Last night I had the best lucid dream ever.

I found out that you really can't read anything in your dreams except for something that's on the TV. Really, the books didn't make any goddamn sense but the letters on the TV were a-okay.

And an alien told me I'm a loser because all I wanted to do while lucid dreaming was watching TV.

It was sooo awesome.

My girlfriend's told me something like this before, said she learned it from Batman:The Animated Series.

i remember that episode, but i have no problem reading things in my dreams. O_o

You only think you do. You can look at something and it'll be all jumbled and fucked up, but your dream knows what it's supposed to say.

Furu on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm sorry, man

I was going to comment on your dream, but I forgot

what were you going to be doing otherwise?

bitching about other things so it's cool

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I used to have lucid dream ability. I could shove down walls and basically enter portals to entirely different dreams.

During one awful nightmare it suddenly vanished and it has never come back.

Furu on
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So I'm still having these dreams that link up to each other. About once per week or so, I'm in this large, advanced city. I can talk to people that I'd met in previous dreams, and they remember me. Also, time passes normally there - if I don't visit for two weeks, well two weeks had passed in the dream city. It's all weird, but kinda cool.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    redimpulse wrote: »
    So I'm still having these dreams that link up to each other. About once per week or so, I'm in this large, advanced city. I can talk to people that I'd met in previous dreams, and they remember me. Also, time passes normally there - if I don't visit for two weeks, well two weeks had passed in the dream city. It's all weird, but kinda cool.

Maybe that's the reality and this is the dream?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Then I'd hate to know I have such shitty shitty dreams.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The last lucid dream I had (several years ago), these guys had just robbed a convenience store and shot the guy behind the counter. They were running off and the cops were coming, and I look down to see a gun in my hand and think... "Oh shit, they're going to blame ME for this! This can't be happening!"

Which is when I realized it was a lucid dream.

I walk outside the convenience store, and hold out my hand like I was yoda or something, lift the fleeing robbers up in the air, and then pull them back and slam them down as hard as I can on the concrete. They try to shoot me, which of course doesn't work, and run away again. This repeats a couple of times until the cops show up to take them away.

Then I flew away, and as I was scanning the city for more criminals I woke up... kind of pissed off that I wan't a superhero anymore.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I had a dream this morning about being trapped on an island made of Cthulu. Me and the other person I was with (who had no face?) were like "dude what the fuck is with this island it has tentacles and OH SHIT IT'S STANDING UP". We got sucked to the bottom of the ocean in a whirlpool and died, it was cool.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »

I found out that you really can't read anything in your dreams except for something that's on the TV. Really, the books didn't make any goddamn sense but the letters on the TV were a-okay.

And an alien told me I'm a loser because all I wanted to do while lucid dreaming was watching TV.

It was sooo awesome.

My girlfriend's told me something like this before, said she learned it from Batman:The Animated Series.

You only think you do. You can look at something and it'll be all jumbled and fucked up, but your dream knows what it's supposed to say.

then how do we know its all jumbled up? All words look in perfect order.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    One of the scariest dreams I had as a kid was that the ground started melting.

Like, I was out in the yard playing with toy cars and for some reason one of those old playmobil castle sets. I decide to throw one of the cars away, onto the ground, and it just sorta disappears. It turns out it fell through the lawn into the ground, which now roughly had the consistency of say, pudding. To my horror, I notice the castle is sinking now, so I run onto my back porch screaming as I see all the houses around me start sinking as well.

All I remember after that is me and most of my extended family huddling in my grandmother's kitchen, scared out of our minds while the ground envelops the house.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »

It was sooo awesome.

then how do we know its all jumbled up? All words look in perfect order.

Because it has something to do with the brain not being active or something like that.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I remember one lucid dream I had where I was a superhero chasing down a villian...who blew their heads off with a shotgun at the end while laughing.

It grossed me out so I looked out the window of the building we were fighting in and outside was everyone that had been in any dream I could remember ever all crowded around. I look at them all and say "Hey guys, new rule. No suicides in my dreams, okay?"

Everyone nods and gives noises of agreements.

Then I wake up.

Furu on
  • Options
    Kool-Aid GuyKool-Aid Guy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am being chased by a man with a gun on a bullet train headed to some large city. I can't seem to loose him, so the chase continues when the train reaches the city. I take refuge with some nice people who hide me, but the man finds them and kills them all. He chases me into the wilderness outside of the city, where I fall into a very large, very deep hole. The man with the gun laughs and dynamites the entrance, sealing me off inside.

I wake up in the cave and find that there is a whole society of ridiculously hot women living underground in this cave. They have computers that can create anything, and slowly I am integrated into this new society (there was also some weird shit with talking trees, but I can't remember that part very well). Years later, I use the machines to dig a hole out of the underground city, only to find that the man with the gun has built a massive medieval-style castle on top of the hole. I make a gun with the machines and we have a gunfight that rages all over the castle, and eventually I am able to kill him.

That's definitely the most vivid dream I can remember having, and also the only one I've had that spans several years.

Kool-Aid Guy on
    OH YEEEAAAAHHH
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I am being chased by a man with a gun on a bullet train headed to some large city. I can't seem to loose him, so the chase continues when the train reaches the city. I take refuge with some nice people who hide me, but the man finds them and kills them all. He chases me into the wilderness outside of the city, where I fall into a very large, very deep hole. The man with the gun laughs and dynamites the entrance, sealing me off inside.

I wake up in the cave and find that there is a whole society of ridiculously hot women living underground in this cave. They have computers that can create anything, and slowly I am integrated into this new society (there was also some weird shit with talking trees, but I can't remember that part very well). Years later, I use the machines to dig a hole out of the underground city, only to find that the man with the gun has built a massive medieval-style castle on top of the hole. I make a gun with the machines and we have a gunfight that rages all over the castle, and eventually I am able to kill him.

That's definitely the most vivid dream I can remember having, and also the only one I've had that spans several years.

How tight was he?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    All I remember from my dream last night is fighting a cougar.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There was a pub, all the windows made of glass. I was there, and Davy (my best mate, and Alica (the girl I fancy), and Jess (my ex) and a few others. The place was packed, but we had a quiet corner to ourselves, and Ali kept wanting to go and get something to eat, and I kept playfully pushing her back saying she was being naughty. So me and Davy went to the bar, and I accidentally shoved somebody, and he responded by coughing ash at me and I was really freaked out, so we went back to the table.

Then I must have gone to the toilet or something, and when I got back somebody said that Jess had gone, but had left her Coat and Mobile. I was really drunk, and I saw somebody leaving so I followed him outside and threw a glass at him, accusing him of stealing Jess. So I had my headphones in my teeth, her coat on one shoulder and mine on the other, and one hand holding our phones and the other throwing V-signs and I got back to the door after he ran off and before I opened it I realised it wasn't worth it, because my friends would never take me back now.

So I walked back home, but it wasnt my home, I've never seen it before. And they had a patio door looking out onto a huge swimming pool. And my Grandma was in the garden, swinging a piece of 2*4 about like a blind man.

Then I forced myself awake, because this is easily the most terrfying dream I've ever had. None of it makes any sense, and all of it is scary.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Michael Bay could turn this premise into a two-hour movie.

In fact, this sounds like how he would remake "The Time Machine".

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg