Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

PAX Pox and you

MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/03/26

Just a quick reminder, please do yourself and your fellow con-goers a huge favor and don't forget to get your flu shot before you head off to PAX. I just remembered today myself, and thought I'd throw a quick reminder out there and hopefully save a few people from some miserable Mondays. Don't forget that the shot takes about ~2 weeks to be fully effective, so if you haven't yet, the time to get one in time for PAX South is right now.

1tLJUH2O.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Malgaras wrote: »
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/03/26

Just a quick reminder, please do yourself and your fellow con-goers a huge favor and don't forget to get your flu shot before you head off to PAX. I just remembered today myself, and thought I'd throw a quick reminder out there and hopefully save a few people from some miserable Mondays. Don't forget that the shot takes about ~2 weeks to be fully effective, so if you haven't yet, the time to get one in time for PAX South is right now.

I got mine on Tuesday. On the downside, they say the vaccine is likely to be less effective against the most prevalent strain. But it should still help some. And the primary strain this year is worse than usual.

• kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    Never get one but don't get sick that often

kyan22 wrote: »
    Never get one but don't get sick that often
    A popular opinion for people who haven't had the flu.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    The flu this year is particularly bad, so make sure to take extra care. The flu shot is a good start, but also take in lots of vitamin C and make sure you stay well fed and hydrated while out and about at PAX.

E6LkoFK.png

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    The flu this year is particularly bad, so make sure to take extra care. The flu shot is a good start, but also take in lots of vitamin C and make sure you stay well fed and hydrated while out and about at PAX.

Washing your hands goes a long way as well.

This space for rent
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Washing your hands goes a long way as well.
    Washing them before you eat or touch your face is specifically what protects you. Cleaning them every time you touch demo station is a very good idea. Vitamins have been proven to do nothing, but if it gives you peace of mind ...

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I highly recommend tons and tons of emergen-c. I swear by it. Good even if you already caught the sniffles, too.

location! location! bees!
  • TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    All the hand sanitizer... The travel bottles cost $1 a piece. Take a bunch. Give them to your friends. Hold each other accountable for using it after touching things. Slap them if they're touching their face in the free-play area.

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
  • CptFancyPantsCptFancyPants Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    Traith wrote: »
    All the hand sanitizer... The travel bottles cost $1 a piece. Take a bunch. Give them to your friends. Hold each other accountable for using it after touching things. Slap them if they're touching their face in the free-play area.

So much this. We were borderline clinical OCD about that and taking Airborne but it worked. Not a one of us got sick. But especially the hand sanitizer; just think of all the people that touched that mouse/controller before you...

• ShionShion Queen of the Whiteboard Markers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Another thing to think about is that measles seems to be really going around right now. If you haven't had a vaccination then I wish you luck...

So much this. We were borderline clinical OCD about that and taking Airborne but it worked. Not a one of us got sick. But especially the hand sanitizer; just think of all the people that touched that mouse/controller before you...
    Or the Occulus headset. I don't known if OVR is coming to South, but there were stories of Pink Eye being spread via the demo units at Prime 13.

• CptFancyPantsCptFancyPants Baltimore, MDRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Or the Occulus headset. I don't known if OVR is coming to South, but there were stories of Pink Eye being spread via the demo units at Prime 13.
    Fantastic. Something I didn't even think about, now I get to worry about.

Well, even if they have 20 demo units, and the demo is 20 minutes, that is a max of 1440 people. The early ones are probably safe. And there isn't likely too much contamination between units, since any infected won't use 2. So if you want to experience the future, the risk isn't that big.

• TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular

Well, even if they have 20 demo units, and the demo is 20 minutes, that is a max of 1440 people. The early ones are probably safe. And there isn't likely too much contamination between units, since any infected won't use 2. So if you want to experience the future, the risk isn't that big.

Experience the Future! (the Future is pink eye)

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Experience the Future! (the Future is pink eye)

I really need "Hail Hydra!" for this

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • O.F.FascistO.F.Fascist South TexasRegistered User regular
    Got my shot this past weekend.

Got my shot this past weekend.

Takes 10 - 14 days for the vaccine to be active. That's cutting it even closer than I did (1/6).

• AshTRAshTR Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I didn't see them in the Exhibitors list on the PAX South app, so I don't think they are. I wouldn't expect them to after they were just at CES as well.

zEjfyle.png