As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars Cantina (pub/bar) Crawl for those who missed out on Ice & Fire (Sign ups OPEN)

XanyaeWarpawXanyaeWarpaw Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX South

Below is my original post - please see the following link for the event details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLYxmYeoGT5XE9_HNI12VfQT7Ohzz77pkNr7SWFZVZI/edit?usp=sharing

Hi all,

I am new to this board as this will be my first PAX and I was super excited to get in on the Ice & Fire pub crawl action, but they were already full up. So...I was thinking about planning a second, very last-minute pub crawl for those of us who will miss out on the other one...if there is any interest. Obviously for occupancy reasons we would select bars other than the one's Ice & Fire will be using so we wouldn't step on any toes and it would not be as fancy because they've got a bunch of awesome stuff, but it's an idea.

Thinking Star Wars... Cantina crawl? Could think up some cool drinking challenges with SW themed drinks and teams...Jedi V Sith maybe? I could be getting way ahead of myself, but I have seen a number of people who expressed interest in the Ice & Fire crawl but missed the sign up.

XanyaeWarpaw on

• Options
    DiligentDragonDiligentDragon Registered User regular
    As long as one of the stops is The Ticket Sports Pub, I'm down. Gotta get me some pizza and booze there :biggrin:

• Options
    springyspringy Registered User regular
    I would so be down for this defiantly sucks missing out on the other one but this will be just as fun. Looking forward to the details

• Options
    I am thinking up some game/challenge ideas and will start posting those tomorrow if there is interest in making this an actual thing. I checked out the bars that are not being used by Ice&Fire and below is what looked the best to me. They are all on the same block, so it will only take a minute to get from one to the other and they don't appear to be crazy expensive like some of the bars in SA. I figure we could end at Howl at the Moon since it's a piano bar and everyone might just be drunk enough to sing some songs :biggrin: I also opted for a later start time so people have some time to get food and such first and because there are only 5 bars.

First time organizing something like this so definitely open to suggestions as well.

Tentative schedule:

1. 9-10: The local bar
    2. 10-11: Ticket Sports Pub
    3. 11-12: Q Bar
    4. 12-1: Mad Dogs British Pub
    5. 1-close: Howl at the Moon

• Options
    springyspringy Registered User regular
    there is a coyote ugly down there as well i think and Howl at the moon is that like a dueling piano bar? If so i am so in love those places.

• Options
    Sy-klon3Sy-klon3 Registered User new member
    I'd be down for this.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I obviously can't make it, but if you guys were going to do some sort of auction thing like the asoiaf one I could make you guys something. I guess that would require a lot more structure and notice than you have this year, but if this becomes an annual thing then maybe next year!

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    ...if this becomes an annual thing then maybe next year!

Just a somewhat related note - the East and Prime bar crawls usually have 400 attendees. We decided to scale down to 300 for the first year of South. Whether I, or someone else organizes the South crawl next year, it will probably grow based on the demand we've had this year.

• Options
    This is what I have put together as a tentative idea: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLYxmYeoGT5XE9_HNI12VfQT7Ohzz77pkNr7SWFZVZI/edit?usp=sharing. The ugly plan text version is below ;)

The Howl at the Moon bar is not going to work so I changed that (they have a cover and you need reservations for groups). I don't know how many people are actually interested, but I was thinking it would be somewhere around 20-30 so we can all be in the same place at the same time. What do you guys think? Was thinking of setting up an Eventbrite for sign up so we have an even number of people on each side as well.

Star Wars themed pre PAX South Cantina (pub/bar) crawl!

For those of you who missed out on the sign-ups for the big Game of Thrones pub crawl, this is your chance to booze it up like a jedi or sith. Choose your side and prepare for battle! You and your jedi or sith brethren will face challenges at each cantina which will ultimately determine which side the force favors!

This pub crawl is free, but sign-ups will be limited since this is last-minute and we will all be in the same place at once.

SCHEDULE & CHALLENGES

Bar 1: 9PM-10PM: The Local Bar
    Han shot first! Prepare for battle by toasting your forcemates with your favorite shot!
    Battle #1: The Force is strong with this one...The sides will face off in a game of ‘Never have I.’
    Game Rules: Everyone holds up 5 fingers and will have one turn as the ‘neverer’. If you have done what the neverer has not, you must put down one finger and DRINK .
    The last person with a finger(s) up wins the battle for their side!

Bar 2: 10PM - 11PM: Ticket Sports Pub
    Battle #2: It’s a trap! Let’s find out which side are better liars with a game of ‘Two Truths and a Lie.’
    Game Rules: Pick an opponent on the opposite side and decide who will go first. Player 1 tells two truths and a lie and player 2 tries to guess which is the lie. If player 2 is wrong, he/she drinks but if player 2 is right, player one drinks. Switch and repeat!
    Every correct guess by a player is 1 point for your side. The side with the most points this battle!

Bar 3: 11PM - 12AM: Q Bar
    Battle #3: Jedi mind trick...Challenge a new opponent from the opposite side to a staring contest! First one to blink finishes their drink!
    The winner of each duel earns a point for their side. The side with the most points wins this battle!

Bar 4: 12AM - 1AM: Mad Dogs British Pub
    Battle #3: Never tell me the odds! Everyone rolls a 4 sided die (D4) and must order the corresponding drink.
    1. The Qui-Gon Gin (Gin & Tonic)
    2. Bantha Blood (Vodka & Cranberry)
    3. Yoda Bomb (Jagerbomb)
    4. Scruffy Looking Nerfherder! (Long Island Iced Tea)
    The rolls for each side will be added together and the team with the highest total wins this battle!

Bar 5: 1AM - Close: The Worm Tequila & Mezcal Bar
    Battle #4: Do or do not, there is no try...Star Wars Bingo!
    The winner wins this battle for their side.
    Winners announced! Whichever side won the most battles by the end of the night are the champions! Members of the winning side will each receive a Star Wars swag bag filled with Star Wars themed goodies.

May the Force be with you!

WARNINGS
    First and foremost, this event would be 21 + ONLY (no exceptions).
    Wheaton’s Law applies...no being a dick!
    Everyone should drink plenty of water, grab a snack before and/or along the way and consider their limits when consuming alcohol.
    If your hotel (or home) is not within reasonable walking distance from the last location, please call a cab. We don't want anyone falling in the river!

• Options
    Eventbrite is up. Registration is limited to 30 people (15 on each side) as we will all be in the same place at one time. Reserve your spots here: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pre-pax-south-star-wars-cantina-barpub-crawl-tickets-15323691574

• Options
    Just signed up. Let's see how many we can get for this in the next week!

• Options
    11 spots have been taken. There are 19 spots left (9 Jedi and 10 Sith) so get your RSVPs in.

• Options
    PalmoPalmo Registered User new member
    "The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp."

See you all at the crawl and PAX South :)

• Options
    MathGuru83MathGuru83 Registered User regular
    I AM SOOOO GAME FOR THIS!!

• Options
    9 spots left! :)

• Options
    Might want to put the Eventbrite link into your original post for easier access.

• Options
    Looks like 3 spots left

• Options
    We are sold out! I am so excited...working on goodie bags for the winning team! Can't wait to meet everyone. I will post any updates here and to the google doc and will send out a reminder email a day or so in advance.

• Options
    kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    Darn we won't be getting in till Friday morning

• Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    Dangit... We need to get more/larger crawls for next year! I missed out on the ASOIAF crawl and just saw this today and am missing out as well. Hope you all have fun (and I agree w/ don't fall in the river... I'm from here and the river is not one you'd want to take a dip in).

• Options
    Kass wrote: »
    Dangit... We need to get more/larger crawls for next year! I missed out on the ASOIAF crawl and just saw this today and am missing out as well. Hope you all have fun (and I agree w/ don't fall in the river... I'm from here and the river is not one you'd want to take a dip in).
    I'm sorry! I will let you know if we have a cancellation!

• Options
    boopmeowboopmeow Registered User new member
    Let me know if there is a cancellation!! Or if you need impartial judges or anything (:

• Options
    Here is the map:https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zqr7BGgq5K_w.kVFm3-7gPUSM

The map is also available via the google doc (see top post) and willbe sent out via email from eventbrite to all attendees tomorrow.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Xanyae the weather here has been a little bad today and may be for my flight in on Thursday...so I will send an update Thursday around 5pm if I'm good to go or if I am getting delayed (possible cancellation).

MathGuru83 on
  • Options
    Rob_Boss42Rob_Boss42 Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    I'm down for this. However, I'm not super positive if I'll be to get there on time. Is there any way to keep in touch?

edit: nvm, this one's full too lol. oh well :P

Rob_Boss42 on
  • Options
    CresendoCresendo Part-Time Crimefighter HoustonRegistered User regular
    Sorry I missed out on this. This sounds awesome!

"Great's okay, but amazing would be great."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Putting together some of the stuff that will go in the winning team's gift bags...hope you're ready to fight it out for some hand-labeled Leia Buns and Droid water! Cuz every winner needs some H2O after a big victory, right? And what would a PAX event be without some pins? :P cqh8m1c6abbk.jpg

XanyaeWarpaw on
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So, my buddy found out last minute that he can make it to PAX and we didn't sign up for either bar crawl. If there's a last-minute cancellation (and everyone on the waiting list is accounted for), can you please let me know? We'd love to hang with some fellow PAXers tonight!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    So my flight got delayed meaning I'm not getting in until 11pm or so and probably won't be done with check in until almost 12. Count me there in spirit but another person can be corrupted to the dark side in my place (I was on the Sith team).