As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Regulator

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Regulator

Regulator

Regulator

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/01/14

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Why would I not be surprised to find out that this was based on a real father/sons talk in the Krahulik house ?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    yeah

this is absolutely a Real Dad Talk comic

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Teleportation is just eleven-dimensional pushing.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    ah, the demands of modern parenting.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    From the first panel I thought it was going to be an altercation during a "The Floor is Lava" game.

The world has passed me by...

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Notice the guy at the next table who turns his head upon hearing "hell dimension".

• Options
    Undying3132Undying3132 Registered User new member
    At least no witchery or ICBM was involved.

• Options
    OrblivionOrblivion Registered User regular
    And here I got yelled at for kicking my brother in the face and getting my sock stuck in his braces. Ahh, simpler times.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Orblivion wrote: »
    And here I got yelled at for kicking my brother in the face and getting my sock stuck in his braces. Ahh, simpler times.

This is an amazing mental image.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    FettS1FettS1 Registered User regular
    I have a 7 year old who loves minecraft & 1 month old - this is like looking into my future.

Diablo3: FettS1#1626
    PSN: FettS1
    FFXIV: Kashell Valeth
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Notice the guy at the next table who turns his head upon hearing "hell dimension".

All the faces in this one are very well done. The brothers' sideways glare at each other in the end is a cute touch as well.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    FettS1 wrote: »
    I have a 7 year old who loves minecraft & 1 month old - this is like looking into my future.
    Welcome to 21st century parenting. Sure beats arguments about mowing the lawn.

Now you have to stop feuds over server admin rights.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I swear I've heard this story about the kids before. Was it in a news post or something?

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    I swear I've heard this story about the kids before. Was it in a news post or something?
    There was a incident on the Mincraft server that Gabe and Little Gabe have involving Jerry's son Eliot. Both Gabe and Tycho both wrote news posts about it so I'm not spreading rumors here. The short version is Eliot got banhammered from the server.

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    I have had this conversation several times with my two sons.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Then again, consider our own generation...

"Did you or did you not try to feed your sister's halfling to an ogre." "He said he was hungry! And she's just the right size!" "Okay. Dice. Both of you. Now."

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    This comic is exactly my life.

Incredible.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Perfect timing. Just last night I was playing co-op Spelunky with my kids (10 and 7). The 7 year old was slow to get ready for bed and missed his 'turn' several times so he was super whiny and upset when it finally was his turn to play. He started being 'unhelpful' and threatening to kill the dog and whipping me, so I fought back of course. Things slightly settled down but then I picked him up and threw him up to disarm an arrow trap with his face.

He started crying and my wife got pissed but it was worth it. No one threatens my dog.

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    That diner booth is drawn really, really well.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Hrm. My high school best friend's earliest memory of us was shoving my little brother under the sofa cushions, sitting on him, and then farting...

Hell dimension indeed.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    regarding the news I would like to hear more about his Picobrew

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    These are fast becoming my favourite PA comics.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    It's all fun and games until someone gets their soul flayed.

penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/02/24

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Perfect timing. Just last night I was playing co-op Spelunky with my kids (10 and 7). The 7 year old was slow to get ready for bed and missed his 'turn' several times so he was super whiny and upset when it finally was his turn to play. He started being 'unhelpful' and threatening to kill the dog and whipping me, so I fought back of course. Things slightly settled down but then I picked him up and threw him up to disarm an arrow trap with his face.

He started crying and my wife got pissed but it was worth it. No one threatens my dog.

Kittens get socialized when they claw at other kittens and get clawed back. Kittens taken out of the litter too early don't go through this processes and grow up to be assholes.

Tell your wife the kid needs to learn consequences.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanguineAngelSanguineAngel Lord Centre of the UniverseRegistered User regular
    Life certainly has new lessons to teach compared to when I was young

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SWATrousSWATrous Registered User regular
    Breaking someone's bed in MC should be a capital crime.

Death is one thing. Dying 40km from the origin, unknowingly sans your bed, is quite another.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Man, my little sister and I had an Applesoft Basic fight (thanks, programming for kids book!) back in the '80s. It started when I wrote a program that asked you what your name was, and when she put in her name, the program would insult her. This stuff ain't all that new.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    Minecraft is serious business.