As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Logitech Harmony 350 Remote

I purchased a Harmony 350 remote to control my Sanyo FVE3963 TV and Apple TV. After successfully setting it up, I have run into the following problem. Here is the completely reproducible sequence of events:

1) Press Watch TV: TV and Apple TV turn on
2) Press Watch TV: TV and Apple TV turn off
3) Press Watch TV: only Apple TV turns on
4) Press Watch TV: only Apple TV turns off
5) Go back to 1) and repeat

I have tried adjusting the Power-on Delay and Inter-device Delay on the Sanyo without effect on this problem.

Any ideas?

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Does that happen if you use the Power button on the remote to power off instead of pressing "Watch TV" again?

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    WindburnWindburn Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Does that happen if you use the Power button on the remote to power off instead of pressing "Watch TV" again?

Sort of. With everything set up, it was still doing it with the Power button. However, in an effort to narrow down the problem, I removed all the devices and activities from the remote and added them back one by one.

Sanyo TV: Power button works to power on and off TV every cycle
    Sanyo TV and Apple TV: Power button work to power on TV and Apple TV (by selecting each device and pressing power separately) every cycle.
    Watch TV activity: Problem described in OP returns

I was on the phone with Logitech customer support yesterday and they were unsuccessful in fixing this problem. Ultimately they wanted me to use my original TV's remote to train the 350 directly. Unfortunately, and the reason I bought the 350 in the first place, my dog mistook that remote for a chew toy.

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    If your Sanyo TV is fairly recent, see if you can find one in a store showroom, and sweet talk an employee into letting you program your Harmony with their store remote. Even if the store's Sanyo TV model is newer, companies tend to use the same remote codes for several years.

If your Sanyo TV is too old, or not on display at any store, buy the appropriate remote off of ebay.

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my next suggestion was going to be direct training, but...yeah. Perhaps try setting the activity / device and telling it you use a separate button for power on and power off rather than telling it it's a toggle button?

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    WindburnWindburn Registered User regular
    Ok. Thank you both for the advice. I'll see if I can't arrange some remote time at my local best buy.