As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - The Lying Game

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - The Lying Game

The Lying Game

The Lying Game

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/01/21

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    PinesmokePinesmoke Registered User regular
    This comic is better if you view the shadows under Gabe and Tycho's noses as very tiny Hitler mustaches.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Pinesmoke wrote: »
    This comic is better if you view the shadows under Gabe and Tycho's noses as very tiny Hitler mustaches.

If you listen to the latest podcast that was actually the intention, it's something of an "in-joke".

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    DeathtongueDeathtongue Registered User new member
    Wow, I would've never pegged Tycho as a playah-hateah. But here we are.

• Options
    PinesmokePinesmoke Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    If you listen to the latest podcast that was actually the intention, it's something of an "in-joke".

So Hitler really IS everywhere. And they said I was "paranoid."

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Gabe needs to blow some cash and get that rabbitty overbite fixed. Just sayin'.

• Options
    eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    The Lying Game is one of my guilty pleasures TV shows.

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular

What podcast would that be? The last one I have is "Fulmination Re: Culmination" In which they discuss Spartan Bro-Downs.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

What podcast would that be? The last one I have is "Fulmination Re: Culmination" In which they discuss Spartan Bro-Downs.

It was a lie.

You guys would suck at Fibbage.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    I thought as much, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a podcast.

• Options
    sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    Nice facial expressions in this one!

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    I would play this game, but I don't want all my friends to hate me... More than they already do.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    This game sounds like an electronic version of Balderdash, except much simpler.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PsycheRachPsycheRach Registered User regular
    Hahaha, the lying game. Sounds hilarious.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the problem with these kinds of games

or board games like Battlestar Galactica

is if you play them too often with the same group of people they come to identify one specific person

in this case Gabe but in my case uh

me

as being too good at deception and they just reflexively distrust anything they say and it sorta ruins the game

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love Gabe's mouth in this strip.

That's the mouth of a goddamned fucking liar.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    I don't understand the mouth in the second panel. Also Tycho's eyes in the first. Or eye. Half-closed.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

is if you play them too often with the same group of people they come to identify one specific person

me

as being too good at deception and they just reflexively distrust anything they say and it sorta ruins the game

As that person in my group is just makes the game hilarious when I am a good guy and a rush when I am a bad guy.

But I am more about the journey than the destination when it comes to boardgames, I guess.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The bigger problem with these kinds of games (i.e., Trivia) is the people who have played them enough that the questions start repeating for them.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I love Gabe's new squashier-stretchier drawing style. He'll probably reign it in over time to be something more polished but I much prefer it this way.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    Regarding the associated .txt, I'm afraid I can't really come to any PAX at this time in my life, but the closes fit among options given is "The Perpetually Unsatisfied", but it really only applies to myself.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

me

Yea same issue with Balderdash, my dad for example gets to long winded on his lies which stand out from every single actual answer in the game so you know just by how long it was that it is a lie.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular

me

But that's when the games start to get really fun! You have to use their immediate distrust of you to your advantage.

Example, my brother is pretty bad at being a spy when we play Resistance. People catch on to him really fast. But, he learned really quickly that people are going to distrust him. So now, whenever he pulls the spy card in Resistance, he picks one of the loyal players and starts acting really friendly with them, which shifts suspicions away from his fellow spies.

At a certain point it just becomes a hilariously convoluted spy story "Well, I knew that you know that I know that you know..."

• Options
    trident042trident042 Registered User regular
    I only got around to Fibbage a month ago, along with the other Jackbox games, but it unveiled that I am the high-functioning sociopath among my friends.

I've known it all along, but now I think they're starting to catch on.

This signature now left intentionally blank.