Options

[WH40K] Only in Death Does Nerdrage End.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Damnit GW, you're moving the timeline in the wrong direction...

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    They're still moving it forward, they're just doing it from a point 10,000 years in the past.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Damnit GW, you're moving the timeline in the wrong direction...

Be careful what you wish for. Haha.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I hope that's just a side game

Because three entire races weren't even a presence during that period, lore-wise

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    I hope that's just a side game

Because three entire races weren't even a presence during that period, lore-wise

Oh they were there. Knowledge of their presence was lost during the heresy.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Was it Forge World or Black Library that's starting a new series about the massive ork invasion that hit the imperium shortly after the Heresey ended?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Black Library

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    It basically amounts to another army, another flavor of Space Marine, not a new game or something. Marines in older armor with some fancier toys but higher point costs, handwave the usual "lost in the warp" or whatever to explain why this 31k army has suddenly appeared to fight your 40k Tau.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Maybe they'll introduce some of those factions/aliens we see in the Horus Heresy that are supposed to be super badass. Like those technologically advanced human-alien nation that almost beat the Crusade forces before they were destroyed by the Emperor and his asshole children for the horrific crime of not hating aliens.

(The Emperor is actually kind of a huge asshole)

Maybe we'll get models for the Primarchs and the Emperor finally.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I don't know that we'd ever see rules for the Emperor cuz he's the be all end all, bee's knees.
    Would be really cool though.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    He counts as half of your army options on his own, has like 100 wounds, a 1+ invul save, never makes perils of the warp rolls, and has all of the Psyker powers. All of them.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Man I wish Games Workshop models cost less. I was thinking about how cool I think the Tau are, maybe putting together a small Tau force someday in the future. Then I noticed a Tau Fire Warrior Strike Team costs 50$. I'm not sure I want to pay 50$ for one squad of Tau!

It's also annoying they only sell Cultists in groups of five. I don't know why, since you need at least 10 to make a squad of them as far as I know, and you're probably going to want more than 10.

I was looking at some of the new Tau models in the store. "Oh, that new battlesuit looks cool, bet it's like $50" *looks, see's it's $75* I mean, it's always been expensive, but it seems more expensive now? Even with a paycheck, I'm blanching at some of these prices.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Maybe we'll get models for the Primarchs and the Emperor finally.

Horus Heresy as a game (with rules and models for Space Marine crusade legions and Primarchs) has been an ongoing thing since 2012. Most expect a 'Battle for Terra' book towards the end of the cycle that will have Custodes, The Emperor, and Horus Ascendant.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Man I wish Games Workshop models cost less. I was thinking about how cool I think the Tau are, maybe putting together a small Tau force someday in the future. Then I noticed a Tau Fire Warrior Strike Team costs 50$. I'm not sure I want to pay 50$ for one squad of Tau!

It's also annoying they only sell Cultists in groups of five. I don't know why, since you need at least 10 to make a squad of them as far as I know, and you're probably going to want more than 10.

I was looking at some of the new Tau models in the store. "Oh, that new battlesuit looks cool, bet it's like $50" *looks, see's it's $75* I mean, it's always been expensive, but it seems more expensive now? Even with a paycheck, I'm blanching at some of these prices.

I'm building the Ghostkeel right now, and for a $10 price difference from the Riptide you feel like you're getting a whole lot less kit. Great details and options though, easily my favourite Tau model.

Price is absurd.

Having formations that let me run an all suit army without Farsight makes me happy as shit though. I've always liked stealth suits.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Looks like we have a winner in the tau fortifications run-off; the Tidewall gunfort, at only 255 points is three indestructible TL railguns with submunitions for a mere 255pts that, btw, can "transport" about 30 models and make them functionally Relentless, albeit quite slowly. Oh and they can combine fire at a single unit to get armourbane or a strength bonus depending on the profile used.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Eeek, that's pretty nasty. Good thing hardly anyone will have managed to get hold of one due to them going from for sale to sold out in the time it took for me to desprue a cultist.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Looks like we have a winner in the tau fortifications run-off; the Tidewall gunfort, at only 255 points is three indestructible TL railguns with submunitions for a mere 255pts that, btw, can "transport" about 30 models and make them functionally Relentless, albeit quite slowly. Oh and they can combine fire at a single unit to get armourbane or a strength bonus depending on the profile used.

Aren't the guns type "gun emplacement"? That would mean that only the rigs themselves are indestructible while the guns are T7 W2 AS3+.

• Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    Skunty wrote: »
    Eeek, that's pretty nasty. Good thing hardly anyone will have managed to get hold of one due to them going from for sale to sold out in the time it took for me to desprue a cultist.

Looks like they go back on sale this weekend though, just as individual pieces rather than one bundle. Unless the rumours are bunk etc.

• Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here….
    gjfh3jbkbyv4.jpeg

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Well shit.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    These centurions have a lot of fiddly bits, but they really go together nicely. Whatever you may think about the models themselves, they are a dream to assemble.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    another 30k potato pic
    hh-facebook01.jpg

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I hope they dont have too many legion specific symbols to remove

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

from the sprue that leaked a few months ago it looked like they had no molded legion symbols at all.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind having sprue to sprinkle into my Fists here and there. It never hurts to vary the armor marks.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

Legion-free. Just decals.

They got me right by the wallet this time.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    That looks more like a board game than anything else

Still as someone who just built a marine army, those parts are going to look great on veterans.

• Options
    It is a board game.

That happens to come with multi-part plastic Heresy Legion models, hence the excitement.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, as a tile board game, it will probably be pretty garbage. GW aint no FF.
    Its more that its 150$ for 30 marines, a bunch of a catafracts (10?), and 2 contemptors. It's basically a starter box for forgeworlds horus heresy.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    P.sure it's 30 marines, 5 cataphractii terminators, one contemptor and a pair of characters, one in TDA.
    Plus all the board game bits.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Rose got it right.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    How does that compare to buying the things piece meal?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well, putting together an order of roughly the same stuff from forgeworld is easily over 300 british pounds.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »

If you wanted to get the equivalent from Forge World, then

1 Tactical squad (of 10) MKIV Marines + weapons is £60 (so 3 is obviously £180)
    1 Squad of Cataphractii Terminators + weapons is £48
    1 Contemptor + the rumoured weapon configuration of Lascannon + CCW is £53

It's hard to come up with a value for the 2 characters, because there isn't really an equivalent on the FW site (I've no idea what kind of detail they have), but even if you exclude them, then that's still £281.

So yeah, a starter set with all of that for £90(ish) seems pretty reasonable.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Worth noting that, unlike previous starter sets, the troop units at least are actual multi-part kits the same way a regular tac squad box is and not push fit monopose minis.
    Rumours also persist that this is the experimental beginning of a whole new "third line" to complement AoS and 40k, replacing the Hobbit game/line.

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »

If you wanted to get the equivalent from Forge World, then

1 Tactical squad (of 10) MKIV Marines + weapons is £60 (so 3 is obviously £180)
    1 Squad of Cataphractii Terminators + weapons is £48
    1 Contemptor + the rumoured weapon configuration of Lascannon + CCW is £53

It's hard to come up with a value for the 2 characters, because there isn't really an equivalent on the FW site (I've no idea what kind of detail they have), but even if you exclude them, then that's still £281.

So yeah, a starter set with all of that for £90(ish) seems pretty reasonable.

A set of Legion Praetors, 1 in power armour, 1 in cataphract, is £33. The sprue picture of the Contemptor shows a multi-melta arm, an assault cannon arm, and one with CCW so you can ad at least another £9.50. That would bring it up to £323.50.

• Options
    Outside of the tac marines the rest isn't usable with 40k marines right?

• Options
    Why not?
    Marines are marines, terminators are terminators and my Red Scorpions already have a Contemptor….

• Options
    Is a contemptor just a dreadnought?

Either way I'm still buying this.

• Options
    Forge World has published rules for Contemptors in 40k for several years now but there's nothing really stopping you using one as a "counts as" venerable dread.

This discussion has been closed.