As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Western Animation] Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey...Awoo-oo!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    "Varmints." In which Marceline and Bubblegum team up to take on gross scorpion-ish thingies.

Action and fluff, and PB having an emotional moment.

Also, KOO sleeps in PB's pajamas :-/
    And KOO wants you to tell everyone.

Chances that Peppermint Butler was somehow responsible for the varmints?

see317 on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

In the related videos there's also a new intro for the special:

https://youtu.be/4KpOKQhQrDA

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Bonnie and Marceline need to just kiss already.

They are exes, I'm sure they did plenty of that in the past.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I guess Sky+ had been grabbing a bunch of Gravity Falls episodes at random for me. CATCH UP TIME! :D

"I'm hoping this all lines up with my fanfic, Stan. Or I'm going to be very disappointed."
    VL6KIHml.png

Yeah I'm not crying or nuthin

Hey JK Simmons is Stan Prime! :O

This is all coming together and I can't handle it

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, just wait 'til you're fully up to date.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Some of the recent ones have been blah, but the "40%, 40%, 20%" episode of Teen Titans Go was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__Fzxjbcow

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I need a cigerette after that.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i need the full version of that on loop!

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    The character designs are so great in that.

--

Edit: Oh god. The parody gets deeper past that scene.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i need the full version of that on loop!

I've wanted a clean version tossed on iTunes for weeks now

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Regular Show continues to be my personal favorite. More people need to talk about it.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Regular Show continues to be my personal favorite. More people need to talk about it.

It's almost always good, can't really complain.

Also they're showing the movie later this month so that's cool.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Regular show is so consistent that it's easy to forget about

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I get sick that they always fill airtime with Teen Titans Go marathons, but then the writers do stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9SoQEup0L4

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Frankly I love that they troll so much. Even Brave and the bold only did one episode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Too much and it just comes off like bitter writers, though. I mean, i can see the fun in baiting people who only want Teen Titans back, but if you hit too much, you just look like a bully.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Man, those episodes are the only ones that make me want to watch the show. Like getting bullied with cake.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Pretty much. I liked the honest feel of that bit, laughing at themselves and appreciating the first series, but the majority of the humor just doesn't click with me. Can't get over the annoying and generally self-destructive characters while using the same voices as the previous series.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I have enjoyed TTG whenever I catch it, though if you watch too much it gets a bit boring because the characters all play their bits over and over and over. Oh, whats this, Robin is having a severe mental crisis because he wants to be the leader and is going to pull a jerk move to make everyone love him? Funny the first couple times, but it gets stale.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's kind of like saying 'Bugs Bunny is going to give Elmer Fudd a hard time again?' though.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It doesn't bother me or anything, but I don't think I've ever seen a show poke fun at its detractors so often.

They're at least doing it in clever ways.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    That's kind of like saying 'Bugs Bunny is going to give Elmer Fudd a hard time again?' though.

Except not every episode has Bugs Bunny or Elmer Fudd, and not always together, so the gag doesn't feel overused, like it does in TTG.

I like the show, just in moderation.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I think a big problem I have with TTG when it trolls like that is that it's also trolling a large part of its own fan base.

I was one of the people who didn't want to give it a shot, more so out of bitterness about Young Justice than wanting the original series back, but all the same, I didn't want it to succeed. I eventually gave it a shot and really liked it. I was even able to laugh at it, and therefore at myself, the first few times it made fun of the type of fan I used to be. But they've started going to that well way too often to the point that it's mean spirited and stopped being funny. I can only laugh at myself with them so many times before the jokes start to become grating.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

Actually I don't think he has for at least a decade. I think the last time he was in a cartoon was in some retro 3d short that no one ever saw.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TDawg wrote: »

Except not every episode has Bugs Bunny or Elmer Fudd, and not always together, so the gag doesn't feel overused, like it does in TTG.

I like the show, just in moderation.

If they cut like each joke in half, it would improve it a lot. They have some funny gems buried in there, but they always have so much setup/repetitiveness that it gets old within the episode.

• Options
    Oh man this week's Adventure Time special is going to be awesome, so much backstory just from Monday's episodes!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Though I have no idea how Marceline's dad fits into this.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Somewhere between
    the timeshift after Simon takes of in the flashback would be space for the stuff with him and Marceline we already got a few seasons ago. Or I'm misremembering and they spend time together before Simon and Marceline met.

honovere on
  • Options
    The animal hats for humans/hyoomins are apparently to fool vampires; they think they're biting flesh, and they bite cloth.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

Somewhere between
    the timeshift after Simon takes of in the flashback would be space for the stuff with him and Marceline we already got a few seasons ago. Or I'm misremembering and they spend time together before Simon and Marceline met.
    I'm thinking more of how he's even her dad. Originally, it seemed like he was her dad in the normal biological sense. (Or some demonic equivalent.) Then the stuff with Simon made that unlikely, so I assumed he was her sire, or something. But apparently that's not the case either, so... he's just her adopted dad, or something?

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    It seemed like there was a point just before The End where magic was making a small comeback, how the crown emerged from hiding, or the Lich Bomb being made. Hunson could have come to earth in this brief period. I mean, she's definitely half-demon, and someone elsewhere equated her breathing in the vampire dust as actually being Hunson's soul-sucking power
    which would, in turn, explain why they're all back, since PB's cure involved forcing their essence out of Marceline's body.

It also seems like Marcie still gets either eternal life, or just a really really long life, as a half demon, just not eternal youth. Farmworld Marceline had still lived for 1000 years, but she looked it.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    honovere wrote: »

Somewhere between
    I'm thinking more of how he's even her dad. Originally, it seemed like he was her dad in the normal biological sense. (Or some demonic equivalent.) Then the stuff with Simon made that unlikely, so I assumed he was her sire, or something. But apparently that's not the case either, so... he's just her adopted dad, or something?
    He can still be her bilogical dad I think. She doesn't exactly look like her mom. Huffing the remains of vampires to gain their powers seems like a thing she might have gotten from her Dad's habbit of sucking souls.

eh. to late. what Mr Khan said.

honovere on
  • Options
    Ah, that actually all makes sense and is pretty cool. Do we know if she's been shown as having the vampire bite marks when she was a kid? For some reason, I thought she had, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Options
    So Simon had a history with Mistress Moon...
    But it turns out she was never hypnotizing him. His crown protects him i guess, and he's just so lady-crazy that he acted as slavishly as if he had been hypnotized. Had her fooled that whole time. And despite her hypnosis powers, apparently her invisibility is what Marcie can absorb.

Looks like we're going to take out one vampire per episode, or thereabouts.

• Options
    My daughter hypothesized that we'd drop two vamps next episode, then spend a whole episode on the King because he's the big bad, which sounds about right.

• Options
    In non Adventure Time: Kill Bill Edition news, I am totally infatuated with We Bare Bears. That show is adorable.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    The gang is just lucky World didn't get involved.

Also, is Emperor voiced by Ron Pearlman? Would really explain why he looks like Beast from Beauty and the Beast TV show.