As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIFTH annual pre-pre-PAX East game night! Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 6:30PM

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in PAX East
In town early and can't wait to start gaming? Neither can we!
(Post shamelessly copied and pasted from Khadour's thread last year.)

Like games? Like booze (or not - that's fine too)? Like congregating with your fellow nerds and playing games while consuming booze (or other non-booze beverage)? Over 21? Then do I have an event for YOU!

That's right - it's the fifth annual pre-pre-PAX East Tuesday night gaming gathering (not to be confused with the pre-PAX gaming nights on Thursday)! We will once again be getting together at J. J. Foley's (21 Kingston St. location - there are 2 locations, so make sure you go to the Kingston St. one, or you'll be a sad panda) to play games, drink booze, socialize, and nom (just like we do EVERY MONTH in Boston!). I will be talking to the Foley's team to reserve the back room for us, so there should be plenty of room to game in. Start time is 6:30, but if you get there earlier, nobody will shoot you for it. Just go to the back room, look for your fellow gamers, and start playing something. If you don't see any of them, then grab a drink and wait - we'll be there soon enough. Bring games if you want - if not, others most certainly will, so there will be no shortage of things to play. There will also probably be some handheld gaming going on, so bring your 3DS/Vita/whatever if you want to play. Post if you're bringing a game and I'll keep a list here. Also, bring $$$ to purchase your drinks/food with, and perhaps some extra to donate to Child's Play because I will bring cookies.

Also, if you plan on attending, please post a reply, so we can get a rough headcount to give to the Foley'e team. Feel free to request games when you do.

TL;DR:
* Who: You and your closest PAX gaming friends, if you (and they) are over 21.
* Where: J.J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St.
* When: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015, 6:30PM
* What: Gaming. And drinking, if you're into that sort of thing.
* Why: Because we can. Oh, and it was a lot of fun the last few years. And every month.

Notes:
* The 21 age limit is because this is a bar - they WILL card at the door, so make sure you have the appropriate ID
* They have decent pub food there, but it does cost money (as do the drinks) - plan accordingly. As far as Boston goes, they're not terribly expensive, but make sure you've got some cash.
* As much as your fellow gamers love you, we don't want to have to carry you home, hold your hair back while you yarf, or read about you as a statistic the next day, so plan accordingly - don't drink TOO much, and make sure you have transportation plans to get back to wherever you're staying.
* Reply if you're coming for headcount purposes.
* PAX Community Calendar event doesn't exist yet.
* FaceBook event here.

Interested Parties
Punzie
Blackrobe
Chasoisorder
Choujicosplayer
Khadour
Malagras
Rappak
Scottyb1218

Games Being Brought
Castles of Burgandy
Settlers of Catan
We Didn't Playtest This At All
Zombie Dice

Games Requested

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    I'll be there. I haven't decided what I'm bringing yet. Maybe ladies and gents.

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    How late do you folks usually run? I get in that evening but I'm not sure if I'll be in time for it to be worth heading that way.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm interested. Is this noob friendly? I'm looking to play games, but I'm so very green...

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    We are definitely noob friendly and willing to teach games.
    At our monthly event for locals, we usually clear out around 11, but this one will probably run a bit later. Midnight-ish?
    Anyone coming from the BCEC area, take the silver line to south station and it's a 5-10 walk from there. Very easy.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Guess who will be crashing this because her flight gets in early enough???

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    So, looks like I will indeed be there (late) with my copy of "Whatever I Can Cram into my Suitcase: The Game".

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    I'll be attending as long as i can get a room at the Westin.

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    I'll be attending as long as i can get a room at the Westin.

This isn't the Westin gamenight on Thursday. (That's this thread.) This one is downtown in the financial district and very T accessible, right between South Station and Downtown Crossing.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Well, THIS will be different - I'll be attending, but not organizing :)

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    cbrcbr Registered User regular
    If this is monthly, is there a group for February?

• Options
    cbr wrote: »
    If this is monthly, is there a group for February?
    There's a monthly event posted to the Boston Area PAXers FaceBook group.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    The monthly meeting is this Tuesday i believe. We had to delay it a week due to snow.

• Options
    BlackrobeBlackrobe Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun!

• Options
    I went on the dreaded facebooks tonight and made the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/425730744244527/ It should be open to anyone but let me know if you have trouble joining.

For anyone who is local and wants in on our monthly game nights, you can join the Boston-area PAXers group and/or check out the thread in the PAX general section of these here forums.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I am absolutely looking forward to this. It's been way too long since I drank and gamed with everyone.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    I talked to Papa Foley (aka the bar owner) the other night. He said he's reserving half of the back room for us and it should seat about 35. If you get there early, head to the reserved side (I forget if he said the left or right). After about 8, the place empties out quite a bit and we can spread out to take over the whole room :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Is there still time sign up? If so, I'd be able to bring Smash Up and (if it arrives in time) Quantum.
    Dangit, I just found out I can't go tonight. Have a great time, everyone!

Xavier1216 on
    SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    Yep feel free to join us

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GanybyteGanybyte Registered User regular
    Yay! I can't wait to see everyone.
    I keep missing, but Tuesdays are always rough.
    I'll be there. Kai should be going as well.

I should see some of you at the Feb night too.

I can bring stuff.

Eric

• Options
    Ganybyte wrote: »
    I'll be there. Kai should be going as well.
    Excellent! Can't wait to see you guys! I should be able to bring some games as well - still debating what to ship out there for PAX :)

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    ebagazareebagazare Registered User regular
    Plans are kinda up in the air for me, but hopefully I should be able to make it bringing an additional person and also bring munchkin and puerto rico. I guess the best way to get back and forth to foley's from the westin would be to take the bus?

• Options
    Take the silver line to south station and then walk. It's about 5-7 minutes up summer street and then a left on Kingston.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Haven't been in a while now that I no longer live in Boston but I'm going to try to make it to this and possibly tonight's.

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just wanted to remind everyone that this is tomorrow night!

I'll be bringing as many games as I can, but let me know if there are any specific requests: My Collection

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Alright, so I packed up my games last night. I essentially started by trying to get a good mix, and then I added any of the small games that fit in the leftover space. Here's the list of what I'll be bringing:

- 7 Wonders
    - Alien Frontiers
    - Bananagrams
    - Betrayal at House on the Hill
    - Cards Against Humanity + Expansions
    - Coup
    - Dead of Winter
    - Dominion
    - Fluxx and Star Fluxx
    - Forbidden Island
    - Pandemic
    - The Resistance and Avalon
    - Small World + Expansions
    - Stone Age
    - Ticket to Ride
    - Velociraptor Cannibalism
    - We Didn't Playtest This At All
    - Zombie Dice

See everyone tonight!

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    I lSoeft machi koro at jj foleys. Did someone pick it up?

• Options
    Not a bad turn out tonight. We even had a surprise VIP when Beker from child's play showed up :P
    It was fun to get the pregaming started and I hope everyone had a good time. I'm sure I'll see some of you again over the weekend.

HI3789R.png