Options

winter [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Also using TLoU as an example of a zombie game does that game a huge disservice.

That game is amazing and if you haven't played it because "zombies" you should cry yourself to sleep because of how wrong you are.

I haven't haven't played it because of zombies.

I haven't played it because I haven't built the fortitude required to withstand heavy duty feels.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Publix Sub of the Week is some weird ass shit
    Boar’s Head® Maple Turkey Apple Whole Sub

I haven't had a publix sub in too long -- torn between going to publix or going to jimmy johns

My closest JJs is like RIGHT outside of delivery range.

This is a travesty.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    the thing is, I know it's a lot easier to do if you're willing to
    let output pile up

but I want 'clean' solutions

What are you talking about

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm going to make a game that replaces zombies with giant spiders and you can put in a code that turns them to zombies just because I can.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    My favorite pure FPS games of all time at Doom 1/2, wolfenstein, Blake Stone and Rise of the Triad. All pre-mouselook. Well, Rise of the Triad did have mouse look in a special aim mode, but not normally.

Outside of those, I used to love the unreal tournament series for multi. Also Duke 3d.

Most of the best games I have played in first person were not FPS though. Games like Deus Ex, System Shock 1 and 2, Blands, and FO:NV are all incredible of course, but they aren't pure shooters. And most of my favorite first person games are tile based blob games like eye of the beholder and wizardry.

did something traumatic happen to you such that you've latched onto the 1990s like a newborn suckling at the teat?

I would love for a resurgence of unreal tournament style games. I need my heart to race and my eyes to bleed.

I didn't grow up playing PC games for the most part, so I never developed those twitch aiming reflexes that seem to be necessary for PC FPS. Sure as hell spent a billion hours owning fools in Halo though. Good times.

That was imo the downfall of FPS games.

Everything had to be slowed down to accommodate for the limitations of the joypad. I still played halo and call of duty and all of that But twitch gaming is lifeee

And it's dead so.

Twitch gaming is dead because grown adults don't have the patience to learn how to play twitch shooters.

I sure as shit don't.

It seems to me the people playing those are either kids, or people who have had those skills since they were kids.

Playing something like TF2 is fundamentally unfun for me. I die. I don't know why I died or what I could do to die less. People are mad that I died. Most other players have no patience to try and teach me.
    And the kicker, even if they do, I'm 10 years of experience behind.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    RE: The Last of Us, I watched the opening bit of the game in the Teens React video. I had no idea that game also
    threw that fakeout with you controlling the daughter at first, then having her get shot in Joel's arms (NOT EVEN EATEN BY ZOMBIES??). Goddamn. brutal. shit.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Geth, stand down.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Standing down...

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Geth stand up

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    RE: The Last of Us, I watched the opening bit of the game in the Teens React video. I had no idea that game also
    threw that fakeout with you controlling the daughter at first, then having her get shot in Joel's arms (NOT EVEN EATEN BY ZOMBIES??). Goddamn. brutal. shit.
    it gets worse

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Also using TLoU as an example of a zombie game does that game a huge disservice.

That game is amazing and if you haven't played it because "zombies" you should cry yourself to sleep because of how wrong you are.

I haven't haven't played it because of zombies.

I haven't played it because I haven't built the fortitude required to withstand heavy duty feels.

It hits you right out of the gate too.

Right in the feels.

Oh hey... GUTPUNCH FULL OF FEELS

Oh okay... OH HERES ANOTHER ONE BRO HAHA YOU LIKE THAT?

SO MANY FEELS EVERYWHERE IN THIS GAME AHHHHH

Trust me it's worth it, you should play it ASAP.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Elki delaying death by Geth another day.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    My favorite pure FPS games of all time at Doom 1/2, wolfenstein, Blake Stone and Rise of the Triad. All pre-mouselook. Well, Rise of the Triad did have mouse look in a special aim mode, but not normally.

Outside of those, I used to love the unreal tournament series for multi. Also Duke 3d.

Most of the best games I have played in first person were not FPS though. Games like Deus Ex, System Shock 1 and 2, Blands, and FO:NV are all incredible of course, but they aren't pure shooters. And most of my favorite first person games are tile based blob games like eye of the beholder and wizardry.

did something traumatic happen to you such that you've latched onto the 1990s like a newborn suckling at the teat?

I would love for a resurgence of unreal tournament style games. I need my heart to race and my eyes to bleed.

I didn't grow up playing PC games for the most part, so I never developed those twitch aiming reflexes that seem to be necessary for PC FPS. Sure as hell spent a billion hours owning fools in Halo though. Good times.

That was imo the downfall of FPS games.

Everything had to be slowed down to accommodate for the limitations of the joypad. I still played halo and call of duty and all of that But twitch gaming is lifeee

And it's dead so.

Twitch gaming is dead because grown adults don't have the patience to learn how to play twitch shooters.

I sure as shit don't.

It seems to me the people playing those are either kids, or people who have had those skills since they were kids.

Playing something like TF2 is fundamentally unfun for me. I die. I don't know why I died or what I could do to die less. People are mad that I died. Most other players have no patience to try and teach me.
    And the kicker, even if they do, I'm 10 years of experience behind.

I'd imagine adults pick up league of legends all the time. That's an absurd learning curve.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    also Dying Light is the best.

using a hammer to smash a zombie head to pulp will never get old

false, it got old like 3 years ago.

Zombies are the most played-out monster mechanic.

yeah.

uh huh.

there's a cricket bat item.

sorry, I'm bored to death of zombies.

They've been the Generic Monster for like 5 years now? Every 3rd game has them, or has not-them-but-totally-them. I would like to see some games without zombies!

I think developers are leaning too hard on them at this point. They're not interesting - they're just a a crutch now.

Last of Us, at least, did some fun things with the visual design of the zombies.

Usually it is staggeringly boring.

Look you can either indiscriminately and morally mow down zombies or nazis in video games

You could do it with aliens, but I for one would be disappointed withouth a twist exposing the simply misunderstood survival instinct, justified motivations, and complex society behind our xeno-enemies' invasion of Earth

I mean what other terrifying yet plausible horde-like enemy could possibly be dreamed up in our imaginations? impossible

If Escape From Bug Island weren't shit...

Also, plants. Since zombies are basically environmental hazards anyway, might as well go full environmental.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Geth stand up

geth up, stand up
    stand up for your rights

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    it gets worse

Oh, I know. I watched Beasto play most of it. I just missed the beginning bit.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Elki. Standing down...

m5LMGCp.jpg

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh, is Elki trying to take us to the forbidden pages again?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Geth, stand down.

IS IT HAPPENING

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    378014847_iCYYo-1050x10000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.