Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    It just occurs to me, but they are pretty lax with the secret identities here.
    Jackson somehow knows who Barry Allen is? When did that happen.

And at the end with Sara just yelling for Oliver, when you have Cold and Heatwave right there, who definitely don't know that yet.
    Delmain wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »

And at the end with Sara just yelling for Oliver, when you have Cold and Heatwave right there, who definitely don't know that yet.

I was more confused by
    Sarah going "Oliver!" when she was just told by Rip that it was 2046.

Unless his entire body is robotic, I don't think that's Ollie under that hood, Sarah...

2046 is only 30 years away.

Batman was active into his late 60s, if I recall my Batman Beyond.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    So, at the end of the last episode, was anyone thinking for a second (before they figured out where they were) "Well, it's about time they got to London during the Blitz?"

Also, last episode Ray mentions having always wanted to be a spy. Maybe a reference to his recurring character on Chuck?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

I was more confused by
    Sarah going "Oliver!" when she was just told by Rip that it was 2046.

Unless his entire body is robotic, I don't think that's Ollie under that hood, Sarah...

2046 is only 30 years away.

And Oliver is, at the youngest, 30 right now.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    And you think that in 2046, it won't be possible for someone like Oliver to still be a complete badass?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    And you think that in 2046, it won't be possible for someone like Oliver to still be a complete badass?

This is comic books, anything is possible.

• Options
    There are literally already 60 year olds who are still badass, and Oliver, if he lives that long, would more than fit in that category.

Plus 30 years of medical advancement? Easy.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    So, at the end of the last episode, was anyone thinking for a second (before they figured out where they were) "Well, it's about time they got to London during the Blitz?"

I wanted this so badly, but Future Star City is fine too.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Actually, about next episode
    while I figured it would be completely plausible for Ollie to still be operating - though I still imagined in more of a Batman Beyond way - my husband pointed out that the brief glimpse of Deathstroke was the odd thing, if it's still Slade Wilson. The character may not be this age, but Manu Bennett is 46 right now. It's more plausible that that is someone else taking that name.

I'm hoping since they crashed that this episode will have zero to actually do with Vandal Savage. They obviously need a respite from going after him since they keep screwing up so badly.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Next Episode Speculation
    So this is Star City AFTER Oliver Queen is elected.......

Guys, we have to stop Oliver from getting elected.

Invectivus on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "More drinking less feeling." - HW
    "There's always time for stealing." - CC

These guys get the best lines.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    while I figured it would be completely plausible for Ollie to still be operating - though I still imagined in more of a Batman Beyond way - my husband pointed out that the brief glimpse of Deathstroke was the odd thing, if it's still Slade Wilson. The character may not be this age, but Manu Bennett is 46 right now. It's more plausible that that is someone else taking that name.

I'm hoping since they crashed that this episode will have zero to actually do with Vandal Savage. They obviously need a respite from going after him since they keep screwing up so badly.

They can't use
    Slade because of the movies.

• Options

They can't use
    So the embargo is still in effect? *sigh*

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

They can't use
    I thought that was Deadshot, not Deathstroke?

sig.gif
  • Options
    I always point this out when people say things like that:

None of the people posting on this board know what the internal workings of those companies are. We don't know what they are and aren't allowed to use, especially since the announcement that the embargo in it's form at the time was no longer the ruling word at DC

Anyone that says otherwise is either speaking out of their ass, or has information none of the rest of us have and should share

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

They can't use

They can use
    Deathstroke, but not Slade.

None of the people posting on this board know what the internal workings of those companies are. We don't know what they are and aren't allowed to use, especially since the announcement that the embargo in it's form at the time was no longer the ruling word at DC

Anyone that says otherwise is either speaking out of their ass, or has information none of the rest of us have and should share

They did kill Waller after that announcement. There's also how Supergirl hasn't ever shown Superman.

Also, Tsujihara became WB's chief executive in 2013. And Arrow couldn't use Harley and had to kill off Deadshot.

• Options
    If you want to say things that are likely, that's one thing.

The "saying it as if it were literal truth" is the problem

Do you have a source for your claim in that spoiler? Or are you just guessing?

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    People are guessing.

In reality, WB is smart to not just hand their golden IP (referencing Supes, Bats or high tier characters) to any TV show that feels like using them.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    darren66 wrote: »
    People are guessing.

In reality, WB is smart to not just hand their golden IP (referencing Supes, Bats or high tier characters) to any TV show that feels like using them.

I don't see the harm, especially with shows under Berlanti. It's exposure, and aside from Gotham I have more faith in them with those IP's than the movie branch.

edit: They already have many Batman characters on their worst show anyway.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

They can't use

They can use

They did kill Waller after that announcement. There's also how Supergirl hasn't ever shown Superman.

Also, Tsujihara became WB's chief executive in 2013. And Arrow couldn't use Harley and had to kill off Deadshot.

They've shown superman from the back. They're fine showing superman, they just haven't cast him yet.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    darren66 wrote: »
    People are guessing.

I don't see the harm, especially with shows under Berlanti. It's exposure, and aside from Gotham I have more faith in them with those IP's than the movie branch.

edit: They already have many Batman characters on their worst show anyway.

They need continuity, they can only use them in terrible shows so they match the terrible movies

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    So pulling the discussion from the Deadpool thread over here:
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    If DC wanted to capitalize on the success of Deadpool without directly copying it (which I know is a hard thing for executives :P), I have two words:

Booster Gold

The story of a narcissistic time traveler that goes into the past using his superior future technology to become a super hero (because he can't hack it as a hero in the future - he's basically cheating), specifically so he can become rich and famous (i.e. licensing and endorsements and the like). Also he has a little robot drone side kick and all the other heroes automatically hate him.

Still my favorite episode of the Justice League cartoon :D

Of course, this would be it's own thing (only really copying the "funny superhero" mold), so they probably won't do it. At least without ripping off all the stuff like 4th wall breaking, etc.

Man, Legends of Tomorrow would be so much better (and make more sense) if it was about Booster Gold and his team of fuckups.

Legends of tomorrow is a show that is so absurdly mismanaged I'm honestly amazed; they keep blowing past all of these plots that would normally be resolved over the course of a season and it leaves me wondering how they're going to keep it going for a full 13 episode run.

Frankly, leaving BG out of it is the best thing they could have done for the character IMHO.

At this point, I'm 95 percent convinced that Legends is purposefully heading for a hard reset of the premise sometime this season. The show's still dumb, but the writing shows moments where they seem to strongly hint that there's something really off with the entire mission. I can't tell if that's a real thing, or me just being very charitable with the show.

Not to get too off-topic, but you're saying the show is pretty much like Gotham?

Nah. Gotham was a late season retool based on poor early feedback.

I think Legends is purposefully setting up some sort of massive twist. There's a lot that doesn't make sense of the face of it - which may just be because that's what the show is - but there have been a bunch of little hints that makes me think that the show's planning to do something tricky with the premise before the season ends.

Yeah, the relationship between Stein and Palmer is a weird note they kept harping on and I don't know if I buy the solution. There's also Snart messing with his family's history and the utter lack of reference to Ray or Sarah being off on time adventures when they get brought up on Arrow. I honestly forget, has Constantine been mentioned on Legends yet? Because Sarah's bloodlust was supposed to be gone, wasn't it?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah Sarah's bloodlust was "cured" and yet its still there because Legends has the worst writing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

They can't use

They can use

They've shown superman from the back. They're fine showing superman, they just haven't cast him yet.

Meanwhile Harley Quinn can't get 3 seconds footage with her back to the audience without getting retconned from existence.

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    I gotta rewatch the Constantine episode to be sure but I think all he did was get her soul back or something like that, not necessarily remove the other side effects of the pit.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    Constantine needs to join the crew in season 2. Sarah is his new assistant.

• Options
    Dritz wrote: »
    I gotta rewatch the Constantine episode to be sure but I think all he did was get her soul back or something like that, not necessarily remove the other side effects of the pit.

In an arrow episode Thea is specifically told that what Constantine did fixed Sarah entirely and she wouldn't have the issue that Thea has. Legends clearly retcons that a bit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

In an arrow episode Thea is specifically told that what Constantine did fixed Sarah entirely and she wouldn't have the issue that Thea has. Legends clearly retcons that a bit.

Granted, Sarah left basically right after that. They might not realize she still has it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Granted, Sarah left basically right after that. They might not realize she still has it.

I just think its again the poor level of writing we've already seen on Legends.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I just think its again the poor level of writing we've already seen on Legends.

That does seem more likely.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    I mean I know I'm crapping on the show, but really it went from something I was excited about to "Good lord some logical consistency from episode to episode!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

There was no retconning, very next Arrow episode she murderized a guy because of the bloodlust, and that's what triggered her leaving.

Constantine's efforts means she won't slowly die off if she doesn't kill like Thea almost did, but that urge is still there, compounded by the fact that she's an assassin trained to kill without a second thought.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular

I think you're blaming the wrong show's writing in this particular case. I am pretty sure that Arrow's the one that got it wrong in that episode.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It's going beyond ridiculous how many times they don't kill Savage for no reason/kill him and leave him behind/don't actually kill him KENDRA WAS RIGHT THERE AHHHH.... Yeah, the writing is pretty bad.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I found the storyline where Sarah goes crazy killer because she lost her sole to be a bit sexist towards women. As if shoes are the only thing that matters to them.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing the twist is this.
    They can never actually defeat Vandal Savage. He will always win, because he always wins. The entire season will be about all of them coming to that realization. They've already shown it with Cold's Dad.

Or, whatever, they kill him, think the day is saved, and go home. Which just makes something worse rise in his place, and we get an S2 with a whole new cast because REASONS. (I like the current cast, by the way.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Ray drops futuristic technology in 1975, thus allowing Vandal Savage to completely takeover the world in 2016? Sure, we'll allow that.

Vandal Savage takes pictures of Firestorm and successfully reverse engineers the technology 3 decades before Stein invents it? No problem.

Captain Cold wants to prevent his dad from going to prison? No can do. Time is a fickle mistress.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Nice beard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    ugh, that hitting on hawkgirl subplot was killing me, almost ruined the future green arrow stuff

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Nice beard.

Nice cyborg arm.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Oliver Queen and Conner Hawk? Great! Captain Cold v. Heatwave on their purpose here? Good! Sara v. Rip on what's worth saving? Good. Ray being helpfully cheerful? OK, guy still needs a real win but it's nice to see him having a positive impact. Kendra's sole purpose this episode to be pursued by guys? Uf.

Still the best episode so far.