As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WREST-LING] HAPP-ENED clap-clap clap-clap-clap

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Smackdown and NXT spoilers tonight.

One's already out in the wilds. We got a return.
    Rhino. Or is it Rhyno?

Holy shit are you serious?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Rhino. Or is it Rhyno?
    It's Rhyno and it was awesome.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »

Rhino. Or is it Rhyno?
    It's Rhyno and it was awesome.
    I'd love for Rhyno to get another shot on the main roster but he's 39 years old.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    And it looks like they're going to feed him to Owens, which could be really great.

• Options
    Oh man next weeks NXT sounds insane.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Wrestlicious looks like it has higher production values than the show I was thinking of.
    I think it might have been Women's Extreme Wrestling. I only remember GI Ho and a commentator saying something along the lines of "she looks like the type of girl that likes to get slapped around." Like I said, it was real classy.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He's only 2 years older than Cena and Lesnar.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    New NXT SPOILER
    Brian Kendrick is here?!?!?

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Brian Kendrick never left.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    This tweet I found sums it up nicely
    Welcome to 2015. Rhino is wrestling Prince Devitt in a WWE ring, AJ Styles runs Japanese wrestling and John Cena is in a US title match.

• Options
    Wrestling is weird.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Wrestling is weird.

Something else to add; WrestleMania might be headlined by an unintentionally planned triple threat 2 years in a row.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    it's really hard to not click those spoilers

• Options
    Paige and Summer just had a pretty good match on SD.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Welcome to 2015. Rhino is wrestling Prince Devitt in a WWE ring, AJ Styles runs Japanese wrestling and John Cena is in a US title match.

Actually it was Elias Samson

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Actually it was Elias Samson

I think he was going by what they teased for later.

• Options
    YES SHEAMUS RETURN TEASER

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Catching up with NXT Rival. I think Hideo is starting to look more like he belongs in there. It's taking time, but he is acclimating to the WWE style.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Wrestlicious looks like it has higher production values than the show I was thinking of.
    I think it might have been Women's Extreme Wrestling. I only remember GI Ho and a commentator saying something along the lines of "she looks like the type of girl that likes to get slapped around." Like I said, it was real classy.

Maybe thinking of Women Of Wrestling? That one was on in the mid 90s iirc.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Nirya wrote: »

Late '90s/early 2000s. I remember watching it in the Job Corps dorm.

Also, it was a bit too "goofy cheesecake" to have a character named GI Ho.

EDIT: Just Googled it, GI Ho was in WXW.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Miz sold the Superman punch like a pro.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

It definitely sounds like WOW. I don't remember GI Ho, though. I remember a lot of those girls (Slam Dunk, Poison, Roxy Powers, Becky the Farmer's Daughter, Law and Order, Caged Heat, Jaclyn Hyde, and Terri Gold) but I do not remember GI Ho.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_yHcAQVkLhU

Well they sure act like convincing dickheads.

• Options
    Welcome to the wresting thread, where we show off our knowledge of women wrestling shows from the dark past.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    That was a great tag match.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Full NXT spoilers for the next 4 shows
    February 18th episode:

* NXT General Manager William Regal appears on the big screen for a promo. He announces Adrian Neville vs. NXT Champion Kevin Owens in a non-title match.

* Kevin Owens comes out and there are dueling chants for he and Sami Zayn, who is not here. Owens says Finn Balor can ask for his title match whenever he wants it.

* Rhino made his return to WWE and got a big pop. He defeated Elias Samson with a Gore and the crowd was on fire.

* Finn Balor cut a backstage promo on Kevin Owens. Rhino walks past him and smirks.

* Big Cass and Enzo Amore defeated The Vaudevillians. Blake and Murphy appeared on the big screen and cut a promo hitting on Carmella, then trashing Enzo and Cass.

* CJ Parker came to the ring and said he was taking the show hostage. He starts putting yellow emergency tape on the ring but Solomon Crowe made his debut, attacking Parker and taking him out.

* Sasha Banks made Blue Pants tap out and then cut a promo challenging anyone to come after her title.

* Kevin Owens defeated Adrian Neville in a non-title match with a powerbomb. This was said to be better than the Takeover main event.

February 25th episode:

* Hideo Itami defeated Bull Dempsey with a jumping kick. Tyler Breeze attacks Hideo on the stags and lays him out. Breeze takes a selfie over Hideo with a selfie stick. Hideo jumps back up and leaves Breeze laying.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto defeated Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger when Jordan walked out on his partner.

* Dillinger is upset and cuts a promo, apparently issues an open challenge. Baron Corbin comes out and squashes him in seconds.

* Becky Lynch defeated Bayley by submission.

* The Brian Kendrick vs. Finn Balor is next. Balor gets the win with the top rope stomp. Kevin Owens watched from the announce desk and after the match, he tossed Alex Riley over the desk to a big pop

March 4th episode:

* Adam Rose comes out to a big pop but lost to Tyler Breeze. Breeze then fought off the Rosebuds, using his selfie stick like a sword.

* Blake and Murphy vs. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins of Shoot Nation is next. Blake and Murphy get the non-title win.

* Baron Corbin squashed Tony Briggs while Kevin Owens was intimidating Alex Riley at the announce desk.

* Owens starts trying to fight the announcers. Riley is being held back by Jason Albert. Riley wants to fight as Riley taunts him.

March 11th episode:

* Solomon Crowe vs. Bull Dempsey is next. Crowe wins with his snap off the ropes splash. This may have been the end of the third episode or the first match on the fourth.

* Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte to retain the NXT Women's Title. Sasha had her feet on the ropes. Sasha countered a Natural Selection off the ropes to get the pin.

* Big Cass and Enzo come out to cut a promo on The Lucha Dragons before their match, saying they're more like the Geico Lizards and there's about to be an accident. Enzo and Cass defeated Sin Cara and Kalisto to a huge reaction from the crowd.

* Alexa Bliss defeated Carmella after a move off the top rope.

* Alex Riley comes out to a huge pop for a match against CJ Parker. Riley was said to be impressive with a beautiful dropkick and a spinning neckbreaker. He went to the top for the Blockbuster and got the win.

* Kevin Owens comes out and says Riley is the dumbest man in WWE. Owens says he will end Riley's career before ending Finn Balor.

* Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami is next. Breeze gets the win with a Beauty Shot. This was the end of the tapings as Hideo recovered and was high-fiving fans at ringside.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Interesting use of old/returning wrestlers.

Curious if it's a one time thing, are they back in the WWE, or are they booked only for NXT.

• Options
    OK so neither Big Show nor Kane turned face at all.

• Options
    NXT spoilers:
    Is Solomon Crowe seriously using the rebound splash as a finisher? Dammit Crowe.....

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    However, Roman didn't show any signs of officially turning heel either and was back to respecting Bryan by the end of the tag turmoil marathon.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    smackdown: nothing important happens

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    smackdown: nothing important happens

It was still a very solid show. The entire tag turmoil was great especially the Uso's part.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I LOVE

TYLER BREEZE

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    I LOVE

TYLER BREEZE

One of my favorite parts of those spoilers was
    Tyler fighting off the Rosebuds with his selfie stick.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Not reading those NXT spoilers is the blurst.

This discussion has been closed.