As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Do you guys like gelato? I do. I could go for one of those right now.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I guess I live a blessed life of seclusion

edit: I mean I guess Smarth Ero gets like that about coffee and like... Two factor authentication

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Artreus let me give you a scenario

There is a gentleman you have just sat down next to

You do not know him.

He pulls out a vaping thing and you look at it

He takes that as an invitation to tell you the wattage, the type of liquid used, the fact that he tweaked it to run hotter than intended and that he almost burned it out but its cool he thinks he got the kinks out oh also my vaper is competition grade and I've won awards for my vaping and

I am skeptical as to this persons existence

Seems a little straw-manny?

I mean. I don't particularly care either way?

I just don't find it funny when the guys rail on about it the way they do. I just shrug

Also vaping is far more harmless than anime

It happened to me Last weekend

The same gentleman also began vaping during church service

I asked him to stop and he told me oh its ok its just water vapor so its fine don't worry

Like this isn't new behavior for assholes

but its the newest thing for assholes to preen over and talk about how cool it is and tell you know man you just don't understand how behind the times you are this is totally cool now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I guess I live a blessed life of seclusion

edit: I mean I guess Smarth Ero gets like that about coffee and like... Two factor authentication

Smarth Ero

that's pretty good.

• Options
    Artreus let me give you a scenario

There is a gentleman you have just sat down next to

You do not know him.

He pulls out a vaping thing and you look at it

He takes that as an invitation to tell you the wattage, the type of liquid used, the fact that he tweaked it to run hotter than intended and that he almost burned it out but its cool he thinks he got the kinks out oh also my vaper is competition grade and I've won awards for my vaping and

I am skeptical as to this persons existence

Seems a little straw-manny?

I mean. I don't particularly care either way?

I just don't find it funny when the guys rail on about it the way they do. I just shrug

Also vaping is far more harmless than anime

It happened to me Last weekend

The same gentleman also began vaping during church service

I asked him to stop and he told me oh its ok its just water vapor so its fine don't worry

Like this isn't new behavior for assholes

but its the newest thing for assholes to preen over and talk about how cool it is and tell you know man you just don't understand how behind the times you are this is totally cool now

oh that seems

fairly shitty.

I do need to stop that habit I have of not wanting to believe something/somebody exists if I can't picture somebody being that shitty.

Also it's probably maybe fine but long term studies haven't been conducted yet! If you don't know for sure maybe don't be a dick all up in peoples faces with it!

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My manager at my new job did that just this past night

We were making small talk and I asked if he watched any TV and he said he watched a bunch of anime

I said I watched Attack on Titan a few months ago and he took this as meaning I wanted to know about every show he has watched in the past year and their basic plot summaries and why they are better than most other shows on TV

It was

Something

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Also I hate when people act like it's totally cool to vape inside public buildings.

Dude I don't wanna smell your berry bubblegum nicotine water.

• Options
    This is of course not to say that everyone who vapes is an asshole

Its just a new venue for the same beer asshole, music asshole, etc etc to pull the same crap they've pulled since someone invented self satisfaction and snobbery

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    one time I literally got cornered by a guy who wanted to talk to me about gargoyles

I just wanted to go to lunch!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    like the show gargoyles or actual gargoyles

• Options
    personally i would prefer talking about the statues i think

• Options
    It could also just be my brain editing stuff so I don't remember it

or maybe

maybe I'm that guy

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Bombcast continually complaining about "vape culture" is just

the dumbest thing to me.

Whoooo caaaaarresss.

Maybe the people they experience are more annoying than anybody around here or something.

They are doing a bit.

People getting super into a ridiculous hobby is funny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Balefuego wrote: »

the dumbest thing to me.

Whoooo caaaaarresss.

Maybe the people they experience are more annoying than anybody around here or something.

They are doing a bit.

I really liked when one of them (Brad?) was talking about asking for coffee machine recommendations and Will Smith, completely straight-faced, suggested insane 3-400 dollar ones without a second thought

People being completely oblivious to their own ridiculous hobbies is the best

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Whenever someone mentions Will Smith in this thread, I wonder how many people realize that person is talking about this one.

24450-penguinwill_super.jpg

BionicPenguin on
  • Options

the dumbest thing to me.

Whoooo caaaaarresss.

They are doing a bit.

Yeah, like I said, I guess.

It just. Kind of passes me by completely. I don't really find it funny at all

• Options
    It could also just be my brain editing stuff so I don't remember it

or maybe

maybe I'm that guy

Well

There's also a difference between being a dude whose just like so fucking into Pokemon that he can't even imagine someone might not be and he wants to share his joy

And the dude who wants to show off his knowledge of Pokemon and use it to elevate himself above someone else

The line between oblivious geek and snob is totally there

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I hate vaping because people think just because they can just use it to get around tobacco laws and customs

No fuck dont smoke in my store and god dammit dont blow it in my face just because its not smoke

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    This Christmas I bought a firearm from a man in a store who existed in a dense cloud of vape, like behind the counter was a candy smoke monster

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'll be able to listen to this episode of CBB for a while...

• Options
    Also the new demo derby continues the

oh my god

just

that man just humped a stuffed lion then ripped its head off

these people

• Options

the dumbest thing to me.

Whoooo caaaaarresss.

They are doing a bit.

As a comedy expert I can tell you that the vaping riffs is probably the best current running gag on the Bombcast.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

the dumbest thing to me.

Whoooo caaaaarresss.

They are doing a bit.

As a comedy expert I can tell you that the vaping riffs is probably the best current running gag on the Bombcast.

Its true I've seen bales business card

Balefuego
    Comedy expert
    Grumpiest Bone

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that at least some of Jeff's preoccupation with vape-culture comes from the series of YouTube videos where Liam Lynch does a vape-enthusiast character (I think his name is RAVENVAPES).

They're pretty funny bits of character work. The first time he exhaled a cloud of vapor and it formed the smoky silhouette of a hawk, complete with sound effect, I knew I was in for a ride.

signature.png

• Options
    I managed to make it through the episode, it's honestly extrmely funny. I only got emotional during Scott's into and then at the very end there's like a compilation of some of Harris's best moments from the show (and a couple from UTU2TM? and Analyze Phish as well) which kinda drove it home that he was really gone.

I would reccomend people give it a try though, I can't think of a better way to say goodbye to Harris Wittels than to laugh at his excruciating story about a blowjob he got in a movie theatre.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I hate vaping because people think just because they can just use it to get around tobacco laws and customs

No fuck dont smoke in my store and god dammit dont blow it in my face just because its not smoke

A couple of the guys in my D&D group are vapers and we usually have a fan on because it gives me headaches

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    "grovers getting fucking radical"

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jackson has a lot of vape shops but in two years I've never seen anybody vaping here
    I wonder how that market is sustained

• Options
    "I think I was at a ska concert once. There were a bunch of horns and people with weird hats"

I love you Dan

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think I've seen like two people vaping ever where I live, which is a welcome change of pace from Japan where it was still legal to smoke indoors and in restaraunts and stuff.

I guess my equivalent person were the foreigners who would smoke indoors at all foreigner work get togethers and stuff because it was allowed despite knowing that half the people there hated it. I'd usually ask them to go outside and generally they did but some folks got real self righteous about it.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    i could not disagree with the brothers more today re:a restaurant fucking up.

if they bring you the wrong food, they done fucked up. that's it.

in the service industry, that's just something you have to deal with.

Langly on
  • Options
    Oh my god Dan

Oh my god

"I subsist on plants and the other things that Jah intended for man to eat"

"Jaa? Like Tony Jaa?"

• Options
    We do that waaayyy too often at my place of business.

But also fuck you if I look you straight in the eyes, say "Steve?" quite clearly, and you nod and take the fucking bag when your name is Adam, and Steve is over there not listening for his order

• Options
    oh yeah i mean that's theft, but like at a sitdown restaurant, if i served a wrong order and the customer took a bite or even ate it, well i done fucked up on that one.

and in this case, it's not like the guy even wanted both! he just didn't take the other. there's no culpability there.

• Options
    guys i want you to do something

i want you to enter teengoogle.com into your url bar

and see where you go

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    We do that waaayyy too often at my place of business.

But also fuck you if I look you straight in the eyes, say "Steve?" quite clearly, and you nod and take the fucking bag when your name is Adam, and Steve is over there not listening for his order

I am always amazed by this shit. Hand off an iced latte on the bar, call out that it's for Dave. Person asks if its their drink. I ask them if there name is Dave. They say no. Well then no it ain't your fucking drink then is it? Turns out they got a hot drink even.

People are oblivious.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

and see where you go

I'm at work

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @langly took me to a MBMBAM website

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

and see where you go

I'm at work

You were just watching a video where 3 grown men were playing children's video games, you're probably already in the hole

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

and see where you go

I'm at work

it is safe for work

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »