As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Breaking News: The Pentagon Has Upgraded The Half Life 3 Alert From Yellow To Orange.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    VALVE TO ANNOUNCE VR =

HALF LIFE

D
    S

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    VALVE TO ANNOUNCE VR =

HALF LIFE

D
    S

I'd play it.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Valve- "We just sold the Half Life property to EA."
    EA- "HL3 will be an Origin Exclusive"

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Valve- "We just sold the Half Life property to EA."
    EA- "HL3 will be an Origin Exclusive"

HL3 will be a phone game with microtransactions
    It did not work before it will work sooner or later

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to what probably is the final iteration of the Steam controller.

and...maybe...screw it, Hl2 Ep3, I still believe

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Half-Life 3 is the final version of the SteamOS

You need to mess with physics puzzles to move files around

Maddoc on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to what probably is the final iteration of the Steam controller.

nah they're going to lean into it.

HL2 Ep 4.

Portal 4.

L4D4.

etc

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Different file types have different physical properties

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I will probably buy a stream controller.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm very interested to see what happens with the Steam controller - I think the last iteration we saw still had the touch spots for analog sticks, but went back to standard buttons instead of the weird central thing, I wanna see what they landed on in the end.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

nah they're going to lean into it.

HL2 Ep 4.

Portal 4.

L4D4.

etc

They are going to hurt people's brains by calling it Left for D34D

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I want to try the stream controller but I don't think I'll have a chance to do so without buying it so I'll probably stick with controllers I know I like.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Oh hey Gearbox, there's my mail with my Homeworld key, tha-
    "<< Test Steam Code >>"

well. Good job.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited February 2015
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/24/gridlock-gta-v-delayed-again/
    “Our apologies to PC gamers worldwide who have been counting down the days until the launch of the game, but a bit more time is needed to ensure that the game is as polished as possible, and to make certain that both Heists and the GTA Online experience are ready to roll out on day one for PC. As a gesture of thanks for your understanding, we will grant anyone who has pre-ordered the game an additional $200,000 in-game cash for use in GTA Online.”

Brolo on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Sid Meier's Starships is out March 12, for $15

• Options
    Okay, the updated Homeworld e-mail contains an actual Steam key

...that has been activated by someone else. Oh boy

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Okay, so Frozen Cortex is a lot of fun. I've played some games against the AI and a couple against my friend and I can tell I am awful at it, but that's okay because it's still rad. The game lets you record video of any match you've played and upload directly to Youtube or record it offline, so here's one of my last match (I'm the green team, he's the purple). Please ignore the Steam overlay popups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IRqLnTngo&amp;feature=youtu.be

edit: for a quick rundown of the video, you only get 8 turns per game and when you score you start another play but with the opposing team picking up the ball. In this game it took each of us 4 turns to score, so we went into overtime and whoever scores first wins. In addition to getting the ball into the endzone, you can have the ball carrier touch one of those blue glowing squares on the ground to get two points which is how he ended up winning at the last moment by predicting where I'd throw it.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So I'm going through and trying to get rid of my extra humble bundle keys. I've got an extra Steam key for Burnout Paradise the Ultimate Box that I'm not 100% sure still works. Could someone test it out?
    RETRACTED

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    That's funny, it said it was a Homeworld key... something to do with someone called el_vicio?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    That's funny, it said it was a Homeworld key... something to do with someone called el_vicio?

huh? Darunia's Burnout key? Haha oh man

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    It's ok, I was attempting to make one of your Earth "jokes"

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    It's ok, I was attempting to make one of your Earth "jokes"

giphy.gif

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Third time's the charm, I now own Homeworld

But because I got to have something to complain about: I can't get rid of that damn onion taste in my mouth. URGH

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

But because I got to have something to complain about: I can't get rid of that damn onion taste in my mouth. URGH

I love having onion mouth

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I love having onion mouth
    WHAT

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    you get to taste onions... all the time!

• Options

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S BAD ABOUT IT!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

There's a chance that actual cool stuff will be announced in the next couple weeks

EDIT: NEvermind, looks like he started sourcing his videos, so I don't have a beef with the dude.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    so I got the long dark and started playing it.
    I think I'm going to play on easy because seriously I would rather explore than be goddamn wolf bait every 30 minutes.
    I was just getting somewhere interesting too.

• Options

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT'S BAD ABOUT IT!

But onions are awesome so I like being able to taste them all the time. Same for garlic, my wife and I love that shit. If a recipe calls for one clove we'll throw in the whole bulb. Taste garlic for hours.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So they added Startopia and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light to the Humble Square Enix Bundle.

That adds up to a very not bad bundle.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    so I got the long dark and started playing it.
    I think I'm going to play on easy because seriously I would rather explore than be goddamn wolf bait every 30 minutes.
    I was just getting somewhere interesting too.

Easy mode is great for exploration; eat low quality food before it rots below 50% or you risk food poisoning.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Anyone here have experience with KOTOR 1?
    Just started last night. Is there a point to getting ranged feats and Dexterity? You become a Jedi, so are ranged weapons even a viable thing later on?
    If not, do you get a chance to respec at any point? Don't want to end up screwed out of some extra feats because I focused on blasters.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Anyone here have experience with KOTOR 1?
    Just started last night. Is there a point to getting ranged feats and Dexterity? You become a Jedi, so are ranged weapons even a viable thing later on?
    If not, do you get a chance to respec at any point? Don't want to end up screwed out of some extra feats because I focused on blasters.

I would have to ask my brother as I played it a long time ago only bought it on steam because I am lazy and don't want to hook up the x box just to play one game
    I really should get around to playing it again
    He played it a lot but he says he could not go full evil because of those brats and the ithorian

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    A blaster play through is possible but far from easy

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Shopping for video cards has really brought to my attention how cheap consoles are these days.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Shopping for video cards has really brought to my attention how cheap consoles are these days.

Well the video cards in the newest consoles are basically AMD HD7750 (XBOne) or HD7770 (PS4) with more RAM available to them. 1GB HD7770s are currently selling for about a hundred bucks.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    A blaster play through is possible but far from easy
    In other words, don't bother, at least not on your first go through. Mostly strength, intelligence(skill points), or wisdom(force powers).

This discussion has been closed.